WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Show is a slow burn but if you’re paying attention to all the subtle Easter eggs and the story they’re building to then the payoff is going to be incredible.

Clearly leading to Mephisto, which I’m assuming is Ralph, and his influence over Wanda having kids. Curious as hell about Dottie’s character who I’m throwing out there as being Abigail Brand.

In the comics, Agatha’s son’s name is Nicholas Scratch = Señor Scratchy. Rabbits are often connected with fertility. The Easter eggs are endless.

Read about Mephisto... sounds pretty out there for the MCU but I’d welcome it.
I mean I guess after all, 10 years ago the children of thanos would have been “out there” for the MCU as well.

Which one was Agatha?
2ac670ec4aba2acd32d2d75501df95f8cbcd5d97.jpg

I’m thinking “daydream believer” is a not so subtle song choice too. Can’t think of any meaning for “yakety yak” lol.

Pretty sure “Help Me, Rhonda,” in Ep2 when Woo comes over the radio and Dottie cuts her hand was digitally altered to be “Help Me, Wanda,” but will have to listen more carefully again later.

Ahhh. Cast lists her as Agnes. Is that some version of the same name? The cat makes sense.

Definitely Agatha Harkness.

-

I can’t understand or relate to the people on here repeatedly asserting they want something to immediately “go down” to grab their attention or something. That’s not the chosen format; these extended series are going to be more suggestive of the plot and pacing of things like The Crown or Breaking Bad - plenty of simmer to develop the characters who haven’t been previously focused on in movies.

something will blow up quickly in BW when it finally drops. These are crafted deliberately to intrigue and keep viewers speculating for weeks. That’s the beauty of it.

I’m thinking “daydream believer” is a not so subtle song choice too. Can’t think of any meaning for “yakety yak” lol.

sorry, meant to respond to this substantively too.

“Yakety yak, don’t talk back.”

think it suggests Wanda in this reality exercising master control over it. Vision doesn’t spring up to help MrHeart until Wanda tells him to. When Wanda begins to feel unnerved by the beekeeper, she simply says, “No,” and rewinds the scene. The constitution of this reality is not to for debate because Wanda (believes) she’s running it. She’s cocooned herself in to deal with trauma of Vision’s death, and will instinctively defend against anything that she perceived as trying to disrupt it.

“my husband, with his indestructible head.”

She clearly witnessed Vision’s head get ripped apart by Thanos. She’s coping and in denial. She’s damaged.

Sentient Weapon Observation Response Division is monitoring her from whatever state she’s put herself in from the outside, trying to draw her back to reality. Her depression is being facilitated / masterminded by Mephisto/Agatha/Grim Reaper.

Also, Paul Bettany as drunk Vision in Episode two was fantastic...In fact he killed it in both the episodes...

Dude....both of them are absolutely FANTASTIC....I seriously can’t think of anyone else besides Fassbender and MaCAvoy putting up such great acting performances in a marvel show/movie

I never thought Lizzie was good for the role in looks or acting but she’s winning me over now. I think part of it is they never really let the character be the character. Now even her facial expressions are all Wanda. I wonder if dropping the accent helped her focus on the intangibles or if there’s just more focus on the character from the director since she’s the focus.

Last edited:
She’s never had the actual spotlight, neither did Vision...yeah they were pivotal in collective movies, but not much was placed on their role, they are SHINING NOW and are OWNING their roles!

Just watched the two episodes again high as a kite and I’m tripping :lol: this show has an underlying creepy vibe on some Twilight Zone vibe on top of the famous sitcoms homaged. This show is a reminder of just how brilliant AoU was in so many ways. That was the first “creepy” MCU film and this phase is gonna constantly explore that

I'm definitely liking the show more than I thought I would. I caught on to the commercials pretty quick and I legit laughed at some of the jokes.

Loved the ending of episode 1. Kitty repeating "stop it" while laughing and looking more and more distressed, the shift in tone and lighting, the camera switch. I'm all for treating the meat of it as a funny sitcom and then dropping bites of the more sinister overarching story.

Episode 3 should be good if not better.

Back
Top Bottom