WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

1668199970479.png

1668199991139.png

1668200030086.png
02763B23-205B-4B55-9711-639A0DE75791.gif

Have to watch again but Wakanda Forever was great

Good story, very emotional dialogue, fight scenes were much better, Mbaku is always a standout, and Namor was a great villain.

Like someone else said, they did a good job at making us care for Shuri. I didn’t think she’d be able to hold the film down

My only issue was Ramonda’s death was unnecessary to me

Good story, very emotional dialogue, fight scenes were much better, Mbaku is always a standout, and Namor was a great villain.

Like someone else said, they did a good job at making us care for Shuri. I didn’t think she’d be able to hold the film down

i thought it was needed. some game of thrones type ****. it was the thing that broke shuri and turned her to killmonger.

So was vibranium created by Phastos? Seems like any ecosystem vibranium settled on was affected. So any offspring from people in contact by the affected herb created mutants. Namor was a result from their blue herb, so T'Challa son is a mutant from the heart-shaped herb.

Would make sense since the eterenals are made from cosmic metal.

I agree but it should happen without it being forced to meet that narrativre.
It definitely felt forced, it didn't hit as hard especially with Chadwick/T Challa's mourning. I assumed it was a powerful enough motive for Shuri to battle between being noble or vengeful. Otherwise, i'm not sure what else would they have done to bring that struggle onto the screen since the prior half was her already grieving for T'Challa.

Drew the parallel to Buck/Zemo killing the OG black panther & how Chad wanted to murder Zemo right after it, but ultimately didn’t let vengeance consume him.

Shuri obviously much younger, but same exact vengeance angle, and it’s probably stronger in her since they kept reminding us that she didn’t believe in any of the Wakandan customs.

All of which is why she saw Killmonger. Both kings who don’t care about the customs, both overcome by vengeance.

So she’s literally following in Chad’s footsteps by working through those similar feelings that he had after losing a parent. This is obviously a tribute film to him after all.

I imagine in BP3 she’ll have her own unique internal struggle that she’ll have to fight through.

Last edited:
Whoa…Film was heavy as **** 😭

Disney needs to give Coogler whatever project he wants…Be that Secret Wars or whatever…Just give it to him…Even though Chadwick was gone before the cameras even started rolling, Ryan low key made T’Challa the main damn character in this thing…Literally felt his presence looming in just about every scene…

It’s nuts to think about how amazing this turned out given the circumstances that this project faced in obviously losing its star just before filming started, as well as the pandemic casting its shadow over everything…If any movie in phase 4 was setup to fail it should’ve been this one, but here we are…

How are none of y’all talking about
M’baku saying he’s going to challenge the for the throne? Shuri killed it acting wise this movie but I’m gonna need M’baku to take the mantle ASAP

How are none of y’all talking about
M’baku saying he’s going to challenge the for the throne? Shuri killed it acting wise this movie but I’m gonna need M’baku to take the mantle ASAP

The whole ending was open on several fronts…I guess maybe to give themselves some options after what happened with Chadwick…Shuri continuing on as BP, M’Baku becoming king, and T’Challa Jr. are all ways they could take the story from here…They did play him off as being a very level headed leader on top of being the great warrior they established him as being in his previous appearances…

I was on the M’Baku becoming BP after they announced they wouldn’t be recasting 🤷‍♂️…So yeah I wouldn’t be mad at that…

Back
Top Bottom