WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Well the phase 1-3 movies weren’t CB fans either and those movies were praised heavily so…
Those movies by and large all adapted key elements from classic storylines though so the influence was there and made them feel more cohesive than the jumbled up mesh of ideas that recent ones feel like.

They may have adapted some elements, but they’ve also taken some liberties with them as well. Things haven’t been jumbled as they’ve been poorly written in some cases.

..But..STILL...those directors weren't comic fans, so THATS not the issue.
Some weren't but they still wrote their stories and characters in a way that acknowledged and respected the original sources while still telling their own stories with those characters.

It's the getting away from that entirely and bringing in people with a story already in mind that end up shoehorning established characters into it clumsily rather than adapting the story to the characters long established history/canon that's become a problem and a big reason why they don't resonate as much anymore.

From everything we've heard from Feige and the directors in recent years, they get a lot more leeway now with how they want to adapt things than before when the studio had a lot more input and were stricter about adhering to the source material more. Makes for much looser adaptations that in the end feel could've been stories about any other character across media besides the one they're supposed to be adapting :lol:. Basically adaptations in name only.

That’s also because they’ve spread Feige incredibly thin to pump out product for Disney+.

71A8DF96-91DF-422D-810D-BA5799DF2819.jpeg

it should look better when the shots been edited

it is kind of wild that they're just letting people shoot right next to them filming in what should be a closed set unless this is marvel actually just sending the pics to just jared themselves

dude taking the pic is like 3 feet away from the actors :lol:

Nolan thought about casting Downey for Scarecrow, but was scared because of past troubles.
Downey thinks Cruised passed on Iron Man, clearing the path for him to get the role.

Don't think it's a prerequisite being a hardcore comic fan to create a good CBM but the total lack of any familiarity with the source material probably explains a lot of the lack of direction some of these newer stories have had.

This is how it’s always been though. Especially after Feige got his independence and got rid of the Marvel creative committee

Writers and directors since phase 1 have been saying they didn’t read or were never fans of the comics and some even told not to read the comics.

It’s funny watching that vid and then recalling all of the comic accurate storylines in the movies and Easter eggs only a comic reader would know about it. Somebody got their eye on the ball.

Cuz if this was really the key to MCU success then they’d just use Marvel comics publishing as a farm system and just have the comic book writers write the first drafts of every single movie or make the outlines for every phase.

Those movies by and large all adapted key elements from classic storylines though so the influence was there and made them feel more cohesive than the jumbled up mesh of ideas that recent ones feel like.
Even the jumbled mesh of ideas from recent movies by and large adapted key elements from comic storylines.

They just weren’t classics.

I don’t think the main issue is rating faithful to the comics.

Yeah, its ok to not follow comic book storylines, cause Im not following Molecule Man throughout the Spider-Verse.

I prefer the adaptation film adaptations waaaay more.

I like the new brighter suit and agree that all of the bells and whistles will make it better once the show is done. But for the fun of it, I used IG stories to make a quick edit. I love how mcu costumes in the recent phases have moved more towards bright colors and comic accuracy. They’ve built up the cache to go for it, from Falcon and Hawkeye to Wolverine and now DD.

But I think they purposely leave things out for later, like how we didn’t get the scalemail on Cap until Endgame. They can make a new costume every time the character shows up in a new flick/show, sell the toys, and give cosplay costume maker sites more product to sell to cosplayers.

Hopefully by Secret Wars; the DD is on there; there’s no black, maybe a deeper shade of red in its place; and the nose is exposed a little.

5C95D46F-3AC7-4AF6-852F-D119C3C2630C.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom