Well Now that they lost, what do you see happening to the Celtics?

I think it's the end of the road for these dudes.

Doc's likely to dip, KG is done as an elite player, Ray could be out (he's a shadow of his former self anyway), Fierce is on the decline, Perk'll be out for a minute, etc.

At least they got Rondo!

Thoughts?

I say keep the same core... Look to improve the bench. WHen this team was healthy, they showed how good they could be. Add some pieces off the bench they could still compete come next years playoffs.

The question is if Doc will return or not.
nerd.gif

They probably still be playoff contender but i doubt they will make it back to the Finals anytime soon. This is their best chance to win but they let it slipped away in game 3 and 6

doc aint comin back...he'll take the tv gig and be able to see austin play out his sr year...

Um, They need another tower to compliment Garnett. SThey lacked rebounding the whole series but to be quite honest I believe this could be the end of the line. Sucks, Garnett was injured last season because they would have def won it but now, idk man.

^i thought they shouldve made thibs coach in waiting or whatever you want to call it. these guys are getting old, not sure what their cap situation is. they should resign ray, but not break the bank on him. this is like the old C's, when bird, mchale, parrish started to get old and started breaking down. im not sure if rondo is THE guy, but they need to surround him with some talent and a star player. they are pretty much locked in to the core players.

lakers are still the team to beat, but C's got to ask themselves, "can they really hang with them, and being a yr older?"

Originally Posted by DMan14

lakers are still the team to beat, but C's got to ask themselves, "can they really hang with them, and being a yr older?"
good point..and highly unlikely

They are still in the East so I think they can still be in playoff contention for at least 1 or 2 more years but not longer than that.

I'm not sure what their cap situation is like, but it can't be good. 

They have to add a couple more pieces if they want to stay afloat.

If those Monta Ellis for Ray-Ray rumors from earlier in the season were true, Boston should have pulled the trigger on that with the quickness. Aside from that 27 point first half in these Finals, he was ghost and really showed his age. I didn't expect much from him, but for him to miss all those shots, wow. You replace him w/Monta and they might have won it all.

Rondo is the future, but IMO he is not someone you can build a championship team around, a #2 option at best but still gonna be a top point in this league for years to come.

they're fine....only reason they loss is cuz of perkins.

sign ray allen again and strap that sucker up for a couple of go arounds.

well who in the east can beat them still??? if lebron bolts? the magic are a mess.

they would prolly make it back to the finals and it would be the tie breaker with the lakers maybe?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

yeah your right, kendrick was lookin real strong puttin up 20 and 10 every night
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

yeah your right, kendrick was lookin real strong puttin up 20 and 10 every night
laugh.gif
Yeah, because Perkins isnt one of the best defensive big men in the game
grin.gif

Because Perkins would have helped that 40% shooting percentage for the Celtics...

Lakers wanted it more, straight up. Perkins wouldn't have made a difference as much as people think. Doc claims that the "Celtics never really defended their title.", does Phil Jackson ever cry and moan about the Bull not defending their title after Money took a leave of absence? Doc needs to shut his trap and get over it. And for the record...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

well who in the east can beat them still??? if lebron bolts? the magic are a mess.

they would prolly make it back to the finals and it would be the tie breaker with the lakers maybe?

How are the magic a mess?? only notable free agents are JJ, J-will and matt barnes. Im hoping that otis re-signs JJ and it'll be nice to see barnes come back but i doubt the magic will pay him the amount seeks and im sure they'll go in another direction when it comes to back up point guard

They need an average PG who can hold his own when Rondo is on the bench and an athletic forward like Ibaka.. So basically..a bigger version of Shrek and donkey..

both of them are just too undersized for their positions..

laugh.gif
niketalk

almost as strong as your 80 lbs body in those xxxl clothes from 1995 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BTK

laugh.gif
niketalk

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That's Mr. Pedotalk , Not Cedric.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Boston is done. Doc was questionable about KG. Wallace is out.

I feel like game 6 proved to me that the Celtics wouldn't be winning the chip.

The straight up laid an egg and then rolled over

buncha old dudes and then perkins injury sealed it

they gave up what, 50 offensive rebounds?

Originally Posted by BTK

laugh.gif
niketalk

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
so much fail right there,  what do i look like wearing jordan jeans and a tropical skittles jordan hoody?

really though i wish perkins played so no one would be throwing that corny excuse, and aside from that i feel bad for him that he worked hard all year only to miss the biggest game of the year due to injury, you don't wish that upon anyone.

maybe i'm 1 of the few that thinks this but if they can still play the same strong Defense after tibawhateverhisnameis goes to chicago they still have 1 more decent run in them with pretty much the same group of guys, give or take a few small offseason moves.  their going to make big moves when they really don't need to do all that.

they have a good point guard that actually plays D and if he develops a consistent jumper will be in that best pg in the league group,  they need to build around that long term but the team should be decent for a while to come imo even after the big 3 retire. i doubt Boston falls off hard like they did after the 80's again.

nah, perk would have made a difference. their bigs were gassed towards the end of the game. if anything, he was another big body for them and a good defender and would have helped on the boards. but you really cant say he was the reason they lost the gm. offense just didnt show up...again.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

How long does a torn MCL and PCL figure to put Perkins on the shelf for?

probably out till all star break, if not more. add to the fact he has to get back into shape, too.

Back
Top Bottom