West By West: My Charmed, Tormented Life

Jerry West has a book out that seems like a good read, he was on Mike Francesa(nyc radio) today....if you want to hear the interview wfan.com.....surprised to learn how depressed his life has been....also he says wilt was a lonely man not nearly the number of women that people think...

Interesting story from the book:

Jerry talks about how after games there were times fans would follow him around in his white ferrari, never had any kind of fear just normal stuff.....one night he got a irie feeling from the car following him, nothing happened didn't think anything of it until he read helter skelter(pg 357) based on the manson family, passage from the book recalls when manson told linda at the next light pull up to this fancy white sports car and kill him.....jerry says he often wonders if that was him....crazy

Heard this was supposed to be really good, if I didn't have so much reading for school I'd be in it but I'll prolly have to wait till the Summer time

I'll definitely read this one. I remember back in an old interview with Chick, he mentioned something that despite the name Mr. Clutch he was a nervous wreck most of the time. Interesting man, Mr. West is.

Before he came out with his story, I was always struck at how he seemed in interviews. I always got the feeling he was a troubled soul. Will def be picking this book up soon. Have so much respect for him as a player & exec. His success is unparalleled...

Back
Top Bottom