West Coast - Dance Crew Appreciation

We all know that MTV is hyping up the dance scene w/ America's Best Dance Crew, but there are other teams that have been in the game for a long time sincethe early 90's and some that have been created in the 2000's. This is just an appreciation thread to show some love to the crews that have repped hardfor these past few years.
  • Non-stop Dance Crew Version 1.0 & 2.0 - Oxnard, CA
  • CSULB PAC Modern - Long Beach, CA
  • UCI KABA Modern - Irvine, CA
  • Culture Shock Dance - Los Angeles, San Diego
  • Mindtricks - The Yay
  • Team Millennia - Fullerton, CA
  • Funkanometry (LA, SF, SD)
  • UrbanFX - San Diego
  • Chill Factor - LA/OC
  • Mavyn - LA/OC
  • SoReal - Houston, TX
These are just a few of the crews that are on my TOP list. There are sooooo many more. Feel free to youtube these crews and you'll see some dope danceclips.

Non-stop Version 2.0 Video at Body Rock Competition 2006:

one of my all time fave's...
glasses.gif

and Body Rock 2007

Does Second to None still dance up at UCSD? I remember seeing them in some competitions when I used to go there.

Nice to see someone who's been into the dance scene before it was on MTV.

Don't forget the Cookies!

Choreo Cookies - San Diego, CA

Seems to be a way of life for a lot of folks in the Bay, can only assume its the same in SoCal...I'm sure everyone here knows a bunch of folks in dacecrews.

PAC Modern 2001 (see if you can find me
smokin.gif
)

Mindtricks - (FYI: Some of the folks here are the Jabbawockeez!!!)

BAY AREA/SAC

Kaboom Squad
MPM
Chain Reaction
Mindtricks
Fusion (the 1st generation/VALLEJO)
GENERATION 2

Originally Posted by BayEST

BAY AREA/SAC

Kaboom Squad
MPM
Chain Reaction
Mindtricks
GENERATION 2

those are the only ones that i know.
hella old school.
kaboom squad was probably the best in sac, what ever happened to them?

i got into that choreo stuff from youtube like like back in 04-05.... ive seen kaba and jabbas name back them but never really got into them....i was reallydiggin gen2 and sean evaristo stuff tho...so smooth....no voguemo...
some of my fav videos...theyre mega old...but i still feel theyre good...theres a couple more i cant find right now...but this is groupie status enough

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7vrHi5Xrqa4
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ukGZrdl_QYY

just found this one now....its insane.....

and yea the west pretty much kills anywhere else....im from freakin east canada...lol but luam got some nice stuff... http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=tg-DugZEa4g

Originally Posted by Hella Fresh007

Originally Posted by BayEST

BAY AREA/SAC

Kaboom Squad
MPM
Chain Reaction
Mindtricks
GENERATION 2

those are the only ones that i know.
hella old school.
kaboom squad was probably the best in sac, what ever happened to them?
Kaboom? I'm not too sure. Joe, Phil, and Kevin moved their way south, and pretty much put the jabbawockeez together along with Gary (RIP). ButJoe/Phil still chill in Sacramento: Managing the groups Boogie Monstarz and Press Play. Theres also a crew in San Diego called SUPER GALACTIC BEAT MANIPULATORSwhich is a co group with all these groups i mentioned. SOOOO, Jedi Clan,Kaboom Squad ,Mindtricks,Boogie Monstarz, Jabbawockeez, Super Galactic BeatManipulators, Press Play = "Family" from NORCALI to SOCALI

anyone heard of ds players from santa clara? they went down to body rock last year and won first place. only 3 dudes in the vid below, but they do have abigger squad.

Damn, MPM has been around since most of you guys had your mom's boobs in your mouths.

It's crazy to think that they were around back when crews like Dangerous Image and 360 were still around and they're sitll getting mentioned now.

Back
Top Bottom