What age did you/will you stop wearing Nikes?

Just wanted to throw this out there & think about your answer - mods chip in too, don't know how old you guys are but -

Will you still be rocking Nikes when you're older, as in 40-50+ years old?

I think the only reason my Dad wears Nikes is because I give him some pairs lol

Myself, I think there is a mental cutoff point - for example, outside of the basketball court do you envision yourself in Jordans or Foamposites for casualwear when you're older, taking the lady/family out on the town? Or do you come correct in dress shoes, loafers, etc.?

Just wondering how other NTers take this or if they give it much thought - I mean, what is the point of the collection overall unless you're going to getaround to wearing most of them in time, right?
Props to the senior folk @ the rest home in who rock crispy J's by the way
pimp.gif

Looking towards the future I see myself in mainly AM95s
wink.gif

He he ... not a bad post, OP. It'd be nice if you could incorporate a poll, too.

Being 30, I've definitely come across this thought, but I honestly don't see an end in sight for me.
I've spread from strictly basketball kicks in my teens, to running, casual, and (still) basketball nowadays.
For me, I wear shoes according to what mood I'm in, and where I'm headed that day.
Nike has made it easy for me to be able to incorporate style and comfort without having to feel like an old fart.

Retros are SUPER appreciated -- the nostalgia that Nike provides is unmatched. They've got my heart (and wallet).
devil.gif

i will continue to wear them for life?..i mean we buy them for looks and also comfort..so why not

im pretty sure by the time im 40-50 flywire lunar air will be even better and im going to need that if my knees are weak lol...

so for comfort wise..yes i will be

Well, I plan on playing basketball/working out for as long as I can so I definitely will still be wearing nikes. As for casual wear, I'll probably justwear air maxes. I can't see myself wearing foams in my 40s or 50s.

I'm currently 27 with a full time job so it is difficult to find the time to wear all my sneakers. I find myself only wearing 95s(casually)/LunarTrainers(gym)/BB1's (hooping).

Till the day i die. As far as casual wear cortez all day,maybe a pair of max. The real question is when will i put down the sticks?

never thought about it good question.

i could def see me rockin sneakers when im older.

not crazy colors, more basic colors and styles.

stupid question.

there is no such thing as a cutoff age for useful, and comfortable, casual and athletic shoes.

As a 40+ person now, I have tempered my colors/styles down from my younger days...don't rock anything that is really "bright or loud "anymore.But I will probably never stop wearing Nike's....just can't stop,baby!
roll.gif

Like others have said, I don't plan on giving up wearing Nikes or Js. Being 30+ I've moved to more sedate kicks that can work in the office (AF1, AM)but still have the others for gym and weekend use (Foams, Lebrons).

I figure, so long as you don't look like a tool in your kicks as you get older, rock 'em.

I'm 24, and all I really wear are Air Maxes, Frees, and other Nike running shoes. I don't see that ending any time soon. I never really got intowearing basketball shoes. I stopped buying basketball shoes once I was done with high school ball.

Honestly this is kind of a dumb question because there even 60-yr-olds wearin nikes. But for me,never and even when i die i wanna be buried in my favoritepair.

Probably will grow out of collecting when i pass 35 + . Then I just keep my kicks as collection. I would go home from work, look at them and smile, rememberabout my young fun days
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

you can see me rocking these once i turn 45
pimp.gif

985-495249-d.jpg

lmao dude, i dont even think ill even grow into that mentality to wear something like that.

ill keep wearing them. maybe more of a conservative look and not as much as a youngster. ill be over collecting/Niketalk by the time my kids hit 13. idon't see my occupation letting me have time for this.
eyes.gif

A big thanks to the "creators" of NT... met a lot of cool ppl and friends on this board.

but back to the topic.... ill still be wearing the penny foamposites and neon am 95s
grin.gif
and most definitely the Kobes. dude will be long gone.....

Honestly to be real with y'all. We all are going to be wearing Jordans,Pennys,Lebrons,Barkleys,Kobes and etc when we are in our 40s and 50s but the catchis they probably will be considered lame by teenagers by then. Come on seriously do you really think in 2030 Jordans are gonna be fly to teenagers?
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom