"Band of Gypsys" by Jimi Hendrix
"Rage Against the Machine" by Rage Against the Machine
"IV" by Led Zeppelin
"The Bends" by Radiohead
"illmatic" by Nas
"Liquid Swords" by GZA

- Tical.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Just because you can listen to an entire album doesn't make it perfect or classic,
laugh.gif

^ then what does? its not about you if you can, its if you enjoy the album from beginning to end.

Ion conisder an album a classic simply becuz of the opinion of someone from the source, xxl, or vibe and ion go by the number of records it sell... if ibuy an album and i can listen and vibe 2 each song then its a "classic" imo... but b/c sum dude that i have nuthin in common with gave it 5 micsdoesnt mean that ill like it feel me?

RADIOHEAD - OK Computer
MICHAEL JACKSON - Thriller
NAS - Illmatic
MILES DAVIS - Kind of Blue
THE BEATLES - Revolver

for an album to be perfect...every single track needs to be 10/10.
some of the albums listed are
grin.gif

perfect =/= classic.

you guys really think all these records are perfection? nothing could make them better? i can see how a song could be perfect, but an entire record? that'sdamn near impossible in my opinion.

Originally Posted by GMA 11

RADIOHEAD - OK Computer
MICHAEL JACKSON - Thriller
NAS - Illmatic
MILES DAVIS - Kind of Blue
THE BEATLES - Revolver

for an album to be perfect...every single track needs to be 10/10.
some of the albums listed are
grin.gif

That's what I mean. Like for example, somebody named Graduation. How could that album be perfect and it had Barry Bonds on it? IMO, with a perfectalbum, you can't pick your favorite song off of it. An album like Reasonable Doubt or Thriller or Purple Rain comes to mind. Every song defines how goodthe album is.

^Mobb's best album hands down. From "Drop Gem On'em" to "Apostle's Warning" still bangs out hard..... "G.O.D. pt 3"remix tho on the single was sick.

Confessions is 99.9% Ursher did his thing with that...

Blueprint is perfect I lstened to this album about 6 - 7 months straight( no other music) , plus I had the bootleg 3 - 4 months b4 it dropped

I guess I really didn't mention perfect albums, just some of my favorite LPs. I feel you DRabbit, I don't think it should matter whether the Source orany other magazine gives it a perfect score because 90% of the time, they have no idea what they're doing. I just think it takes more than the ability tolisten to every song for an album to be perfect. Like someone stated above, every song has to be a perfect 10 to consider the album perfection. That'sextremely rare especially now a days. Put it this way, just because you like something as a whole, doesn't make it perfect. I'm pretty sure if someonethrows 'Lifestyles Ov Da Poor & Dangerous' on I can give it a full spin though it doesn't mean its perfection. Idk, just my two cents. As forliterally perfect albums where every track can be considered classic...

NaS - Illmatic
Rae/Ghost - OB4CL
Wu Tang - 36 Chambers
Dr Dre - The Chronic
DOC - No One Can Do It Better
Snoop - Doggystyle

...those are really thee only albums that come to mind.

Originally Posted by premium911

Confessions is 99.9% Ursher did his thing with that...

Blueprint is perfect (
grin.gif
)I lstened to this album about 6 - 7 months straight( no other music) (
eek.gif
), plus I had the bootleg 3 - 4 months b4 it dropped

=

You missed out on some good music bro...

Siren Song of the COunter Culture- Rise Against
Battle of Los Angeles- Rage
36 Chambers
Ready to Die
College Dropout
Black on Both Sides

I think The Chronic is a album I never really got into...But i know madd people who say its a classic

2Pac - All Eyez On Me
50 Cent - Get Rich Or Die Tryin'
Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle
DMX - It's Dark And Hell Is Hot
Dr. Dre - Chronic 2001

just to name a few...

big pun- capital punishment
tego calderon- el abayarde
ghostface- supreme clientele
az- aziatic
nas- it was written
big- ready to die
jayz- vol. 2

Illmatic, because every song is a gem. But there's only 9, which is why I would rank Ready to Die ahead of it. Probably flawed reasoning, but oh well.

261.jpg

EDIT: ima take E1999 Eternal off, IMO this is as close as perfect as ive heard in a rap cd. but i dont like the Poetic Hustlaz or Graveyard Shift features.
410lrFLkTML._SS500_.jpg

Biggie - Ready To Die
Biggie - Life After Death
Nas - Illmatic
Eric B and Rakim - Paid In Full
Wu-Tang - 36 Chambers
Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Linx
Ghostface - Ironman
GZA - Liquid Swords
Prodigy - H.N.I.C.
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Big Pun - Capital Punishment