What are reasons one would deactivate their Facebook account?

Basically, got in to an argument, and I've told my boy that it leads to drama and "mess" and does more damage than good at times, so I deleted myaccount for the time being, what are some more reasons and others one would delete their account.

i waste to much time on facebook, i feel like a stalker sometimes, and sometimes people stalk you.

because its stupid
smh.gif
and a waste of time

Originally Posted by tdrizzle

i waste to much time on facebook, i feel like a stalker sometimes, and sometimes people stalk you.

Exactly, one girl was like, I have you on my "Feed", I guess Facebook allows you to get peoples updates that you request. So basically whenever Iupdated she was notified, or said she was, then she asked if I had her on my Status Feed or what not, I said no...and threw her the stale face.

in one of my classes the teacher was talking about how if you're applying for a job the employer can hack into your account to see if you are"professional" enough.

a waste of time.
getting in the way of priorities.
im about to delete my myspace as a matter of fact.
i dont do anything on it or with it anymore so why not.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by tdrizzle

Exactly, one girl was like, I have you on my "Feed", I guess Facebook allows you to get peoples updates that you request. So basically whenever I updated she was notified, or said she was, then she asked if I had her on my Status Feed or what not, I said no...and threw her the stale face.

I haven't had anything happen to me, but my friend had one and a girl went up to him one day and said "Hi I'm ______ i read all about you onfacebook. Do you really like jimmy eat world? Because that my favorite to." he went and deleted it right after that.

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

in one of my classes the teacher was talking about how if you're applying for a job the employer can hack into your account to see if you are "professional" enough.
...by hack i hope you mean just search the applicants e-mail and view their profile. same with some university admissions.

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

because its stupid
smh.gif
and a waste of time

yea it is a little ridiculous. I thought it was nothing like myspace thats why i joined but now everyday theres someone sending me these app request forridiculous %%!$. and it takes forever just to find someones wall to leave a message

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

in one of my classes the teacher was talking about how if you're applying for a job the employer can hack into your account to see if you are "professional" enough.
thats illegal. they type your first and last name into the search and look for your picture

I know when people rush and pledge they have to deactivate their accounts. Plus alot of drama does ensue because of that website

one reason is that people have too many other things to do. I had several friends who deactivated their account and came back to show up.

I deactivated mine last night because of the annoying ads and applications. It was becoming cluttered like myspace.

It's called self control. You don't have to log on constantly.
Don't think I'll close mine anytime soon because I enjoy seeing
what other people do from time to time. Plus you get to keep in
touch with people you hardly talk to (which can not hurt).

If you closed it, I believe you are going to sign up again in due time.

Back
Top Bottom