What are some good computer speakers?

Right now i have the bose companion speakers which i bought like 3 years ago. Im sorta sick of them it just doesnt have that thump i want. when u put thevolume up the music seems to get low at some points and loud at other points . I would like something that has amazing quality but at the same time gets loudand also the most bang for my buck. any suggestions?

i have logitexh x530's.
It comes with like a 25 watt subwoofer. 70 watts peak.
5 satellite speakers. dual drivers.
5.1 Surround Sound.
$50... Damn good.

i was looking at those once but its just too many speakers for me. im looking for something like two speakers and a sub.

SOUNDSTICKSII.jpg

FTW........

I have the Bose Companion Series II and they sound way better then any other computer speaker I've heard, They go for about 85-100 dollars. You get whatyou pay for.

I'll second that. Bose Companion Series ll are excellent speakers for a desktop or laptop. They match my Powerbook beautifully.

Originally Posted by kixsr4kidz

I have the Bose Companion Series II and they sound way better then any other computer speaker I've heard, They go for about 85-100 dollars. You get what you pay for.

If you're talking about the same ones I am, those things are way more than $100. When I worked at CompUSA they were like $250 on sale.

Are you looking for a 5.1? 2.1?

Provide us with specifications on what exactly you are looking for, along with a price range.

i already have the bose companions and i loved em at first i want something better. the most im willing to spend is 200 maybe 250. i was thinking maybe bosecompanion III or Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System (Black)

Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 is the set-up I have and I am very happy with it. It only runs about $150 too so pretty reasonable.

if thats truly your range... go with the harman kandons. (The clear ones posted earlier) Def. more bang for the buck

400x400.aspx

klipsch_ultra51_400.jpg

- No brainer!

- You said 2.1 so....these were made for YOU!
eek.gif

promedia2.1-2T.jpg

- If you're feelin' el cheapo status...rock these
nerd.gif

gmx_a-2.1-2T.jpg

- Anything else was made for the ghetto...
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Methedy24

klipsch_ultra51_400.jpg

link to these speakers? how much would that cost me? i've always wanted some klipsch speakers...it about time for an upgrade

for past 2 years i been using these, they r not bad for $80
41DXQJB5HDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Originally Posted by Methedy24

400x400.aspx

klipsch_ultra51_400.jpg

- No brainer!

- You said 2.1 so....these were made for YOU!
eek.gif

promedia2.1-2T.jpg

- If you're feelin' el cheapo status...rock these
nerd.gif

gmx_a-2.1-2T.jpg

- Anything else was made for the ghetto...
alien.gif
Prices? Links?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Tha Sun Child

SOUNDSTICKSII.jpg

FTW........

yep.
got harman/kardon SoundSticks II at costco like 2 years ago for under a bill. awesome set.

Klipsch, JBL, harman/kardon, creative, logitech etc. all are good brands respectively.

My advice would be to go the store, bring your ipod or whatever, plug it in, and test them out.

audio%20video%5CAltec%20Lansing%5CAVALG3B10120.JPG

Altec Lansing MX5021

1x Infra-red remote
1x Battery for remote
2x Cables for Satelites
2x Wall Mount Brackets
1x Y-Adapter for RCA input
2x MX5021 satelite speakers
1x Remote pod station w/volume, bass and treble control
1x MX5021 Subwoofer
1x User manual
1x Altec Lansing black dust cloth