What are the best shoes for basketball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to have a legitimate conversation without biased opinion on new basketball shoes and why they are the best. I know this could be a heated conversation but I think it could help me and many others out when they have their next purchase.

There's no real easy answer to this, it all depends what kind of player you are. More guards are going to prefer something like the Kobe VIIIs because they're lightweight and feel low to the ground, which is better if you're making a lot of quick cuts and slashing to the rim. Big men would probably prefer something like the Lebron Xs or Hyperposites because they have much better impact protection, and the shoes make it easier on the knees which also have to withstand more weight. But then again, some guards might want more cushioning that an Air Max type of shoe brings, or some big men might go with a Zoom shoe to have better court feel.

This thread might also get moved eventually to the Sneaker Reviews forum. You'll get much more detailed opinions on performance in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom