What are the chances Burger King or McDonalds hires me for the summer?

My job options are falling through. I want to make some money. I applied for openings at McDonalds and Burger Kings around my way. I wrote I'd work 5am-3pmMonday-Saturday (I'll be umpiring baseball games most nights).

Here's my resume in brief:

UVa grad
3.67 GPA
Tons of volunteer work
Some leadership
Worked in a restaurant two summers

Will I get hired?

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

My job options are falling through. I want to make some money. I applied for openings at McDonalds and Burger Kings around my way. I wrote I'd work 5am-3pm Monday-Saturday (I'll be umpiring baseball games most nights).

Here's my resume in brief:

UVa grad
3.67 GPA
Tons of volunteer work
Some leadership
Worked in a restaurant two summers

Will I get hired?
laugh.gif
can't see why not.

laugh.gif
Yo, I don't know man. I've never actually applied for a jobbefore. I'm desperate for money.

As a regular worker or management? I'd say your chances are slim as soon as they see you have a degree but with things the way they are everyone isapplying to the McDonalds and Burger Kings.

watch them tell you youre overqualified. ive been getting that and im not even a college grad yet.
this is for retail btw.
fa035bbaef589099a80a2860ea8683f7776ba75.gif

As "healthy" as you seem to be as witnessed in the fitness threads, I do find this ironic to some degree.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

watch them tell you youre overqualified. ive been getting that and im not even a college grad yet.
this is for retail btw.
fa035bbaef589099a80a2860ea8683f7776ba75.gif
and by looking at OP's stats..its a real possibility
ohwell.gif

still though...they SHOULD give it to you

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

I never understood how someone can be overqualified for a job

Really
tired.gif
A number of reasons why some places give the "overqualified" excuse...
- they think you're just using the job as something temporary and will leave at the drop of a hat the minute you get a "real" job for yourself.it's a matter of questionable loyalty.
- people with more experience typically get paid more (and correspondingly, expect to get paid more). the more experience you have, the more the employer isafraid they'll have to pay you big bucks. getting someone w/ less experience means lower salary to pay out.
- people who have a LOT of qualifications (more than other team members) often have this "i'm a bad@$$" air about them and typically look down ontheir "lower qualified" coworkers. this particularly happens when the applicant is older than everyone else they're working with. just not goodchemistry
- and finally, sometimes companies just use the word "overqualified" as a euphemism or excuse for something else, they'd rather not say ...perhaps you're too old, or perhaps they just don't wanna say "you seem like a real jerk"

Back
Top Bottom