What are the chances Burger King or McDonalds hires me for the summer?

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Is this cuz Shoes4L wouldn't pay you the $25?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Make sure you give them proper references, and a 10 page paper on why they should hire you....

c'mon man, was this a joke? You could probably find something better with your background.

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

I never understood how someone can be overqualified for a job
the interviewer is scared that u might be sitting in his seat in a few days

Originally Posted by enrique23

i dont see any reason why you shouldn't get the job

QFT
they hired me straight out of highscool at McDonalds. i didnt even have a resume
laugh.gif

Honestly, im not sure how much McDonalds is involved in community work, but a lot of jobs will hire the ones that need it first. When I applied to subways lastsummer, I didn't get accepted because there teenagers that applied whos parents earn minimum wage.

Because they can feel like he doesn't need the job while others do .

How they gonna tell someone if they need a job or not though? Obviously they do if the applying for it. I still dont fully get one being overqualified for thejob. We living in tough times though anything can happen, and people need jobs.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Because they can feel like he doesn't need the job while others do .
but he wouldn't be filling out the application if he didn't need the job

I'm just doing this for the summer before I go to med school. Like I said, I'll have a night job umpiring baseball games ($60/game). I just needsomething in the morning to work also, so I can contribute as much to my Roth as possible.

And I don't give a damn if it's fast food. I'm not eating a thing there.
sick.gif

Honestly, they're going to hit you with the overqualified reasoning in a split second. If they see the UVA degree on there, they know you don't want towork there, but you've got to. And they know that as soon as you find something better (which is damn near any other job), you're gonna quit.

Not that they're not used to rapid turnover at fast food places, but you know the boss just doesn't want to do all that paperwork...

If you're going to send them a resume (and I can't assume many people working at McDonald's have ever written a resume), I'd just leave the UVAdegree off of there. Put on there that you've been to college. Then maybe you can explain in an interview that you went to school, had to take time off(family emergency, lack of funds, some other lie), and you really need this job so you can afford to go back part-time. You really think McDonald's isgonna check that out?

(The above trick worked for my buddy who graduated with me back in December. Couldn't find a job in his field (Finance), was desperate for money butcouldn't get any hourly wage type jobs to call him back, so he "fixed" his resume and told some guy he went to school for two years to major inComputer Science and had to drop out. Now he's making $8/hr at a electronics store...
ohwell.gif
)

30% chance you dont. Maybe its only around my way, but I have been denied from McDonalds, Jack in the Box, and Kroger just because i wouldn't work on asunday.

EDIT: Apply at Chick-fil-A. They dont open on sundays.

Back
Top Bottom