what are the steps in opening a shoe store.

I was just thinking.. if i wanted to open a shoe store and i only want to sell jordans, nikes and nike air force and also some dunks basically just like shoepalace like here in the bay area... how would i get started? thanks in advance.. and if somebody could school me on how to open this type of business...

Originally Posted by hyphy101

I was just thinking.. if i wanted to open a shoe store and i only want to sell jordans, nikes and nike air force and also some dunks basically just like shoe palace like here in the bay area... how would i get started? thanks in advance.. and if somebody could school me on how to open this type of business...
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Start by scrapping the idea completely.[/color]

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

I was just thinking.. if i wanted to open a shoe store and i only want to sell jordans, nikes and nike air force and also some dunks basically just like shoe palace like here in the bay area... how would i get started? thanks in advance.. and if somebody could school me on how to open this type of business...
Exactly
roll.gif

I'm sure you can get all the info you need on opening a store in less than 3 pages.
laugh.gif

On the real though this post is made at least 10 times a week.

I've seen this thread at least once a month for the past seven god damn years. Give up. It's never going to happen. I wish you the best in life.....butyou will fail at this. Just stop now.

Do you currently have your own business?

Have you worked for a business strategy consulting firm which deals with small business solutions?

I'm trying gauge your business acumen to decide if this post warrants a dissertation.

good luck. my boy opened a boutique/shoe store in long beach and it shut down in less than a year.

if you are serious, i would first look into getting a connect to get the shoes/clothes. because as long as you got money you can open a store but if you aintgot anything to sell or aint making a profit your business will fail.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Do you currently have your own business?

Have you worked for a business strategy consulting firm which deals with small business solutions?

I'm trying gauge your business acumen to decide if this post warrants a dissertation.
embarassed.gif

if you have to come to nt for advice like that you probably shouldnt be opening a business in the first place

Cut the guy some slack. Dude is trying to eat off of something he probably likes doing..

OP, 100% of these who responded don't have a clue on this idea, thats why they respond irrelevantly.

Im a business owner myself.

First, its going to take very good credit, and most importantly liquid assets. It would be great if you can get a referral from someone who already has a Nikeaccount.

Heres a link to an application packet. You'll need to get it from here first: http://www.nikebiz.com/doing_business_with_nike/

Good luck. Don't let anyone discourage you.

^^^thanks dude.. btw i was planning to open a store sorta like SHOE PALACE in the phillipines.. my family already has a drug store and a little cafeteria and asmall franchise that sells wraps in a big mall in the philippines... I could only imagine selling some kicks there would be good because there are only acouple stores there where i live that sells shoes that is consider "hot" in where we live.. i dont know if yall been to philippines but the shoesthey sell there are reebok,addidas and asics i think? correct me if im wrong.. but i wanted to be one of the stores that can sell shoes that you can get herein the U.S..... so any help would be appriciated... thanks...

You gotta make your store popular by having stuff that other similar stores do not have.

Use promotions and discounts to get customers to your store.

Have a backup plan?

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

You gotta make your store popular by having stuff that other similar stores do not have.
That's not that easy with Nike. They're not going to just give you all Hot releases.

You'll first get basic items until you work your way up...

It's not impossible, but it takes alot of work and patience,
I wanted to do this as well, but I'm having second thought already. I'm even in college for Fashion Merchandising...

wow is it that hard really? i thought its just getting an nike urban account (correct me if im wrong) i didnt know u have to work ur way up or what not..

Back
Top Bottom