What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

Just found this thread, and admittedly, I know nothing about spirits. Been wanting to try George Dickel Rye and Sazerac. I've had good whiskey and scotch before, and I'm ready for the peppery burn of the GD. Just wandering what anyone has to say about those two. Good or bad.

Just found this thread, and admittedly, I know nothing about spirits. Been wanting to try George Dickel Rye and Sazerac. I've had good whiskey and scotch before, and I'm ready for the peppery burn of the GD. Just wandering what anyone has to say about those two. Good or bad.
The Dickel Rye is one of the best overall Ryes. Sweet marzipan, slight rye bread notes, hint of citrus, flavors build and build, slight charcoal from filtering like JD does. Give it a whirl.
Sazerac is good too but prefer Rittenhouse Rye 100. It burns good.

I would suggest some bourbon like I always do but mixing that with the vodka you posted is probably not the best idea :lol: Champagne is always a good choice for NYE. You don't have to spend a ton to get good stuff either.You can usually find Piper Heidsieck for 35-40$.
Update:
Maaan that Vodka didn't even make it to 2018. :lol:Had an impromptu get together before Christmas. Just got some VSOP Henny and champagne for NYE.
But I stopped in a distillery in DC, came away with this
IMG_2858.JPG

I’ve been a bourbon guy for some time now, before the big boom a few years ago. Still have several Antique Collection that I bought for retail when you could find it. Still rounding out my BTAC and Van Winkle collection.

My collection is about 90-100 deep right now, but got too many open at the moment. Got some decent ryes, Scotch, and Irish (no Japanese for now) but bourbon reigns supreme.

The Dickel Rye is one of the best overall Ryes. Sweet marzipan, slight rye bread notes, hint of citrus, flavors build and build, slight charcoal from filtering like JD does. Give it a whirl.
Sazerac is good too but prefer Rittenhouse Rye 100. It burns good.

Rittenhouse is a favorite of mine as well. Always keep a bottle of it and high west double rye around.

Probably best to buy that Yamazaki 12 now before they disappear from shelves and price inflates??

Rittenhouse is a favorite of mine as well. Always keep a bottle of it and high west double rye around.

Probably best to buy that Yamazaki 12 now before they disappear from shelves and price inflates??

Agreed. Anything with an age statement gets rarer every year as stocks are being depleted. One of my everyday sippers, McKenna BiB, rose $10 in a year at Totalwine.
I used to use Yamazaki 12 as a mixer way back in the day:lol::smh:

Agreed. Anything with an age statement gets rarer every year as stocks are being depleted. One of my everyday sippers, McKenna BiB, rose $10 in a year at Totalwine.
I used to use Yamazaki 12 as a mixer way back in the day:lol::smh:

Yeah I use to have to cross the bridge into jersey to get Henry McKenna for $25 cause not many spots in manhattan carrried it now it’s all over for $35-$40. The 2 bottles I bought of Yamazaki 12 were bought as Christmas gifts never kept a bottle to myself. Gonna buy the last bottle I saw at my local store for $170. Remember when it was $60.

Sipping on makers mark cask strength tonight. Maybe the best bourbon $60 and under.

Yeah I use to have to cross the bridge into jersey to get Henry McKenna for $25 cause not many spots in manhattan carrried it now it’s all over for $35-$40. The 2 bottles I bought of Yamazaki 12 were bought as Christmas gifts never kept a bottle to myself. Gonna buy the last bottle I saw at my local store for $170. Remember when it was $60.

Sipping on makers mark cask strength tonight. Maybe the best bourbon $60 and under.

Great choice! I'm afraid that they'll raise prices as well.. a la Booker's and everything "cask strength" or "barrel proof."

(I used to buy Yamazaki 12 for $36)

I'm old

Great choice! I'm afraid that they'll raise prices as well.. a la Booker's and everything "cask strength" or "barrel proof."

(I used to buy Yamazaki 12 for $36)

I'm old

What are you drinking these days?? It’s october I like to stock up on scotch and bourbon as the weather gets cooler.

What are you drinking these days?? It’s october I like to stock up on scotch and bourbon as the weather gets cooler.

Booker's Kathlene's Batch
McKenna
Stagg Jr (hard to come by in SF)
Dickel Rye
Jefferson's Ocean CS
Makers CS

It might be my nose but the quality of most scotches diminished after 2006 as the stocks diminished as Asian & Indian markets began to buy in Bulk.

glenmorangie lasanta For the night. May have to go back to glendronach 12 or glenfarclas for my sherry fix tho cause this has zero burn and non existent finish

Wifey coworker Wedding reception open bar last Saturday. Sat @ same table with director, general manager and head of HR next to me. Before heading to bar I asked em if they thirsty. Director said “elevated screwdriver” and can U please make it a double :smile:. Made it a triple lol Whole table was lit

Try Old Forester 1920 Prohibition-style and Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, both should be around $55-60.

Do like the Makers line though, very underrated. I have a Private Select that’s awesome (but they vary widely depending on the stave selection).

i came to the wrong place...respect to you guys with good taste but i just love a good vodka on the rocks...not too picky, helps press the PAY NOW button!

Nice thread! Bookmarked.

I do enjoy a nice Scotch/Bourbon once in a while, only thing is the prices in the UK over the past 10 years or so have gone through the roof. Stuff like Elijah Craig BP is near the £100 mark over here... the Japanese/Suntory line is even harder to find and anything over 12 yrs is well into the £300-400 price bracket.

Luckily I have a few stashed up lol.

Try Old Forester 1920 Prohibition-style and Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, both should be around $55-60.

Do like the Makers line though, very underrated. I have a Private Select that’s awesome (but they vary widely depending on the stave selection).

Elijah Craig BP is like trying to buy Preme Bogo in Cali.
A true gem for the bunker.

BTAC's are non-existant here:smh:

Back
Top Bottom