What are your goals for 2019?

Lose weight and get fit like I use to be before I went to grad school. Gained like 40lbs since then and feel like **** because of it. Need to get fit now that I have more time.
Work towards an early promotion at work as in egible for early if i can prove it. My bosses are giving me the opportunity to, now I just need to grasp it.
Would like to finally find a ride of die chick this year as many in this thread have pointed out. Harder said than done tho.
Commit to getting good at golf finally. Always been half assing it but I have a good amount of natural ability that i need to practice and hone to not make the tour or anything. But just to be competitive when I go out to golf outings and play with friends for my own ego and nothing more.

-Definitely need to curb the shopping habit. I could use better impulse control and be more frugal.
-Finish a novel every 2 months.
-Keep pursuing this weight-gain regimen, which has been great these last 7 months. 20lbs and counting.
-Take up either coding or database admin.
-Make my ol man proud.

Bonus*
- Unfollow/unfriend a bunch of IG hos, etc.

I think something super specific would be to spend real quality time with my mom and dad. They're both old and have beaten cancer but really when I'm with them its like holidays + taking care of them either through medical stuff (like taking them to their appointment) or house stuff.

I want to really like, spend a day with them on some real bonding type stuff. Makes me nervous knowing they'll get older by 1 year so my goal this year to be intent with my time with my parents as something positive.

-Tighten up my weekend eating habits
-Buy a house
-Pay off my car or get close to paying it off
-Do something enjoyable to celebrate my 30th
-Get a new hobby
-Find books to read
-Knock out a huge chunk of my student loans (projected to be paid off by 2022)

what shows u tryna catch up on???
also dont forget da zl1 suppose to be happening for u this year

its embarrassing da amount of classic television i haven't finished watching.

as far as da ZL1, im adding a caveat... seeing da price of da CTS-V of da same generation coupe & sedan depreciate far more with da same powertrain as da ZL1 has me enticed on going that route, and if im being frank...i cant shake da appeal of da 1st gen raptor 2 door wit da 6.2L....so its gonna be mulled over between now and da summer...

Started doing pushups. Feels good. Have to make a mental note to stick with it along with more reading time for me.

Anything to make 2019 one of the best years ever. :lol::lol::smh:

Getting more serious about growing my money.

Opened up a Money Market Savings Account last night

Tying to do 50000 pushups this year (140 per day on average)

Be happy, my biggest weakness my whole life, i can never be happy with what i accomplish or do, this year im gonna get help and work on that.

I have the same issue. Put way too much pressure on myself and it manifests as depression and guilt.

Can't believe alot of yall have credit card debt. Y'all getting robbed with those interest rates :smh:

It happens, I had no choice after I got laid off and fell on some tough times (car trouble, bills). Slowly chipping away. Can't wait for the liberating feeling of having it paid off. But yeah, interest is a bish.

Last edited:
1. Pay off credit card debt
2. Finish my Masters
3, Get a promotion
Started a fund with my girl where we take $40 every two weeks and use that as an experience fund, whether we want to travel, go to a shwo etc. We both aren't the most frugal so it helps holding each other accountable

Stop beating my monkey ,
Get as close to debt free as possible
Move to a crib without mice
Start to work out again

Back
Top Bottom