What Can I Expect to Pay For a Full Car Paint Job/Professional Detailing?

Just got a new job with a very nice pay increase. I thought about getting a new car, but I figured what's the point. I'd rather save then haveanother monthly payment.

I have a 2000 Toyota Celica. Great condition, only 70,000 miles. It has a few minor surface scratches and the red paint job is being to become just a littledull. What can I expect to pay to get the scratches fixed up and a full car paint job? I just want it repainted red, no fancy designs or fades or anything. Basically just want the car to look like new again.

Also, I'm assuming I should look for a local place to do it, and not some chain like Maaco. I'm in Philly.

3-5k for a new paint job....but i suggest you get a clay bar and some wax and detail your car first....it should bring out the shine back....i help my friendclaybar his 87 RED CRX, it was dull looking before...now the paint looked brand new.... try it first...before dropping $$$ on new paint.

It actually all depends, like everything else you get what you pay for.
The price will vary depending on the grade of the paint that they will use, if you have dings in your car...etc.
look to pay around $1500 or more for a decent job....IMO the best way to do it, get a bunch of quotes from different local paint shops and look at the carsthat they are currently working on.

depends where you go? i got a paint job on my mustang for $750, i had somebody else prime my car so i think that cut some of the total price down

you can get a very good paint job done for under 1k easy

IMO if you want to save yourself some money it would be way cheaper to get it detailed than getting a full paint job because it can run you easily around 3k-5k(depending on where you go and the quality of it). If the scratches aren't deep then you can probably bring it to a professional detailer and they canprobably do a full detail. Since you said the paint is fading, he can polish the vehicle and remove the top layer of dull paint. Since I'm from Philly,getting a new paint job is pretty pointless unless you have a garage or keep your vehicle clean every week.

Depends what kinda job it is. Just regular color should run you $1,500 @@! for a good job. If its more then just a color then $3,000 easy.

4W

if you dont mind riding into Plymouth Meeting...check out Whitemarsh Collision

they have done great work for me in the past

Thanks for the info guys. When I said it's dull, I don't mean dull, dull. It just lost some of it's original shine. Plus, the spoiler is inreally bad shape. Here's a few pics of the car. Some paint knicks and scratches on the hood, and one scratch on the rear fender.

cimg3992gn1.jpg

cimg3993fz6.jpg

cimg3996mr6.jpg

cimg3995rv3.jpg

cimg3994qw7.jpg

hot damn a stack for a paint job? haha I thought Meico had some 300 dollar stuff? What about like to paint a hood and maybe touch up a few areas of rust on acar?

go on the meguair's forums and register. they have many great tips, and once you learn about the techniques and such you will be able to perform your owndetail for a fraction of the cost.

if you can afford a paintjob, i suggest you get a dual rotary buffer, along with some cutting pads, polish, wax etc etc.

you can easily fix small scratches, but the deep ones might take a little more work and some touch up paint.

but follow the advice someone noted earlier, claybar the car, then polish if you can, wax it or use a sealant. Meguiars NXT 2.0 wax is the truth!

Originally Posted by Ross Is Here

It actually all depends, like everything else you get what you pay for.
The price will vary depending on the grade of the paint that they will use, if you have dings in your car...etc.
look to pay around $1500 or more for a decent job....IMO the best way to do it, get a bunch of quotes from different local paint shops and look at the cars that they are currently working on.

this guy knows wat hes talking about and hes accurate thats about the normal price for a decent paint job

That paint can be corrected by a detailer in a few hrs for about 150 , and you can probably do the paint chips yourself

u dont need a new paint job on that, the paint is not that bad. unless you're trying to change the color

You don't need a repaint. Just give it a detail, bro. Wash it, clay bar, polish with a pc (porter cable 73356 or 7424), and then wax.

Just look at these pics:

Befores:

Half&half

Afters:

I hoep you take my word for it, as this is going to save you a lot of money. Your Celica only has light scratches and probably swirls. I detail should cost youaround $190-250 depending on the detailer. Cheers.
smile.gif

Btw, yes, I am a detailer, but you're in Philly.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom