what celebrity's career is winding down Vol: 15 minutes of fame

Trinidad Jame$ is like halfway through his

Kreyshawn's ended not too long ago

Seems like Mac Miller's buzz has completely stopped...

the VH1 reality stars (L
his jazz tape that dropped recently. i wasnt sure if it was cereal or not:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

like this dude had to be joking .. right?

Jazz tape? are you serious? this may be a stupid question but is it a regular rap mixtape that he just titled Jazz Tape? or is it what it sounds like, Mac Miller actually doing Jazz music? if it is the latter then :smh: . I may check it out just for curiosity.

Don't be silly. The Utah Jazz are featured on tracks throughout the tape.
its like a jass thing he tried to do. its a 5-6 song ep i believe the title of the tape is called "you" but i may be wrong

EDIT: http://www.datpiff.com/Mac-Miller-You-EP-mixtape.420771.html

View media item 172820
my exact facial expression after listening to 2 songs so far. What was this dude thinking?

50 cent and 15 minutes of fame doesnt make sense.
i never said 15 minutes, i said buzz, did you read the sentence? he went on to make hundreds of millions doing other business, i just thought id mention it when people are talking about 15 minutes of fame or peoples careers or popularity/relativity declining, but i did not ever state he was 15 minutes of fame, i said his buzz has died down, but hes still killing it out of the spot light w.e

Aside from naming people who are clearly still on top of their industries right now (ala Drake, Kevin Hart, Kendrick Lamar, Wiz, Mac Miller, etc) people are naming celebrities who were established for years and have simply moved out of the limelight. Just skimming through..
Katt Williams, 50 Cent (who is still quite relevant, especially with his recent involvement in boxing), Wayans bros, Chad Johnson, TO, Hulk Hogan, etc - these are all people who were relevant for 10+ YEARS in their fields. That's not '15 minutes' people. It's not that their 15 min is over, rather the media spotlight simply moved onto newer celebs as time passed. That's how it works.
'15 minutes of fame' would apply to someone like the William Hung dude from American Idol. He rose quickly, and he fell quickly. Celebs who rose quickly but were able to establish themselves for some period of time do not belong in this category.
this. no longer being soo popular or not soo much in the spot/lime light doesnt mean 15 minutes of fame its a decline in buzz, **** even the sun sets. who remains at blow up status forever, no one really

U. Think Kendrick is gonna disappear after his last album. This how we know u ain't listen to it. This is his 4th project he released.

Kendrick Lamar EP
Overly Dedicated
Section 80

And now good kid maad city

All 3 of those albums/ mix tapes r arguably better than one another that's how good they all are.

What other rapper has had other rappers going crazy over his album like Kendrick did?

That day he was on stage and got the torch passes to him.. What other rapper has had that happen?

Kendrick is the truth. Lyrics and melodies.
we're talking about his 15 mins of fame though not his history
kendrick wasnt even famous til 2012 so all that stuff before doesnt matter since his 15 mins didnt even start yet

Last edited:
Agree with Trinidad James and also say the whole MMG. It's laughable that people say drake, all he has to do is drop a song tomorrow and its all you will be hearing, same thing last year when he "disappeared" for a minute.

Edit to add Machine Gun Kelly.

Last edited:
kendrick lamar and asap half way there
jcoles 15 mins is over

Serious? :lol:

Each of them except for Rocky just recently dropped their debuts which both did numbers (Cole's album went #1 and Kendrick's would have had it not been released the same day as Taylor Swift's) and in Kendrick's case, is one of the best rap albums in recent years imo. Rocky's dropping his debut next month so we're gonna be seeing and hearing a lot from him in the upcoming weeks.

These guys are all at the beginning of their careers,if anything their "15 minutes" is just starting even though I think all 3 of them will be around for a while.

Last edited:

Cam'ron has been relevant for YEARS

how is that 15 minutes of fame ending?

:stoneface:

Cam's my dude, but dude has been fell off...

Whens the last time you seen dude in demand.

exactly, and I bet I'm the only one who actually paid money for Crime Pays, but dudes career is in its twilight, and I dont think Cam minds

Yeah, word. Cam definitely had a career much longer than "15 minutes" but to even be discussing him is sort of irrelevant in here cause dudes career has pretty much been done with as far as being a big name. I'm 24 now and the first time I heard cam was when I was 12 :lol:

Cam ain't eem phazed either.

I think some of the people in this thread don't exactly understand how the "15 minutes of fame" concept works though.

Just because an artist hasn't put out an album this year or within the last 8 months (Jcole) That doesn't mean they are done with. Cole/Kendrick (who just dropped mind some of you)/Drake/etc are all new artists with a big buzz. Cole was just in the All Star weekend this year, Drake is quite possibly one of the 5 biggest rappers on the planet right now, Rocky/ASAP are still very much up and coming. The dude ain't even drop his first album yet. They n you got guys like ODD Future who are still new.

Just cause some of ya'll are tired of them, that doesn't mean their 15 minutes of fame is up. The general public are just now catching on to dudes like ASAP, Kendrick, and ODD Future. These guys are probably the complete opposite of what this thread is.

Someone who I feel like is running out of time is Rick Ross. His BMF styled beats on every track is getting repetitive and boring. I like him much more with smoother mafioso beats, but now all of his tracks are Lex Luger beats that are all sounding the same. Same flows, same type of hooks, same features... He is one of my favorites (or was up until his last album, which I didn't even get), but he has definitely switched from smooth beats and dope lines to generic club tracks and making hits off of talking about his money. Whack.

Also, French Montana, Future, 2 Chainz, Wiz Khalifa.

These guys are falling off fast. And whats sad is, Wiz actually had the potential to be the biggest rapper of this newest generation outside of Drake.. Kush and Orange Juice is damn near a classic Mixtape, Black and yellow was a SMASH... Now dude looks like some crazy weedhead who only talks about his weed (even more now than usual) and dresses like a drag queen...

I was hoping he really did go back to Kush and OJ style on his new album like the rumors stated, but after listening to it, it sounds like the usual garbage he's putting out now. Hell, even Cabin Fever 2 wasn't as good as the first one :smh:

souljah boys 15 mins were up after that superman song and the goofy shades...dude is sooo wack.

also all these rapper jumpoff broads and the girls bragging about banging athletes what kinda ish is that..
mean.gif

Cam'ron has been relevant for YEARS

how is that 15 minutes of fame ending?

:stoneface:

Cam's my dude, but dude has been fell off...

Whens the last time you seen dude in demand.

exactly, and I bet I'm the only one who actually paid money for Crime Pays, but dudes career is in its twilight, and I dont think Cam minds

Yeah, word. Cam definitely had a career much longer than "15 minutes" but to even be discussing him is sort of irrelevant in here cause dudes career has pretty much been done with as far as being a big name. I'm 24 now and the first time I heard cam was when I was 12 :lol:

Cam ain't eem phazed either.

I think some of the people in this thread don't exactly understand how the "15 minutes of fame" concept works though.

Just because an artist hasn't put out an album this year or within the last 8 months (Jcole) That doesn't mean they are done with. Cole/Kendrick (who just dropped mind some of you)/Drake/etc are all new artists with a big buzz. Cole was just in the All Star weekend this year, Drake is quite possibly one of the 5 biggest rappers on the planet right now, Rocky/ASAP are still very much up and coming. The dude ain't even drop his first album yet. They n you got guys like ODD Future who are still new.

Just cause some of ya'll are tired of them, that doesn't mean their 15 minutes of fame is up. The general public are just now catching on to dudes like ASAP, Kendrick, and ODD Future. These guys are probably the complete opposite of what this thread is.

Someone who I feel like is running out of time is Rick Ross. His BMF styled beats on every track is getting repetitive and boring. I like him much more with smoother mafioso beats, but now all of his tracks are Lex Luger beats that are all sounding the same. Same flows, same type of hooks, same features... He is one of my favorites (or was up until his last album, which I didn't even get), but he has definitely switched from smooth beats and dope lines to generic club tracks and making hits off of talking about his money. Whack.

Also, French Montana, Future, 2 Chainz, Wiz Khalifa.

These guys are falling off fast. And whats sad is, Wiz actually had the potential to be the biggest rapper of this newest generation outside of Drake.. Kush and Orange Juice is damn near a classic Mixtape, Black and yellow was a SMASH... Now dude looks like some crazy weedhead who only talks about his weed (even more now than usual) and dresses like a drag queen...

I was hoping he really did go back to Kush and OJ style on his new album like the rumors stated, but after listening to it, it sounds like the usual garbage he's putting out now. Hell, even Cabin Fever 2 wasn't as good as the first one :smh:

they just announced Wiz Khalifa day here in Pittsburgh. Had me with the

View media item 173233

i swear some of yall bugging

wiz khalifa just got his own holiday and they stay playing work hard play hard on the radio

and all drake has to do is drop another single and EVERYONE will be talking about it and itll stay on repeat on all the stations

i guess by NT standards rihanna's 15 mins are up :rolleyes

French Montana I believe will have his 15 minutes over soon. He doesnt have the "it" factor that long term artists have IMO. Matter of fact, its not like he has his own single that people go crazy over. He's just part of big songs: Pop That.

Future is eh, could go either way. Turn On The Lights is dope as **** but he sounds terrible on that song with Rihanna. Sounds like a dieing goat.

2 Chainz I THOUGHT would have his 15 minutes, but dude is putting out hit after hit.

Wiz? Cmon man, hes been relevant for a couple years now, hes passed that 15 minute stage.

If its been over a year, and they are still relevant, its safe to say they are passed the 15 minute stage.

Last edited:
French Montana I believe will have his 15 minutes over soon. He doesnt have the "it" factor that long term artists have IMO. Matter of fact, its not like he has his own single that people go crazy over. He's just part of big songs: Pop That.

French is signed to Bad Boy, it's a practically a guarantee his 15 will be over soon :lol:

^

Doesnt matter who he signs with, although thats hilarious.
laugh.gif

No one checks for French. He's like Young Money's Gudda Gudda. He might sound cool in a song or two like Bedrock, but who really checks for him?

^

Doesnt matter who he signs with, although thats hilarious. :lol:

No one checks for French. He's like Young Money's Gudda Gudda. He might sound cool in a song or two like Bedrock, but who really checks for him?

as trash as he is, people definitely check for French. I have no idea why, but they do. And Gudda Gudda has dropped some dope tapes.

You know who has really prolonged their 15 minutes? Channing Tatum. Dude started out in Step Up lol

Back
Top Bottom