what direction is Nike Sb headed in?

in my opinion i think they should make the shoes with better quality like they used to and they are scraping good samples all the time, even though ive beenbuying more SB's lately but other than the quality they have had some good ideas ideas since 08 like the gibson's, skate or die's , mosquito's,Etc....anyway 09 isnt looking that bad right now but lets see wat your opinions are???

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

i think theyre headed back towards simple colors and i think its a great move.

and i dont know what youre talking about with quality..my goofy boy lows are top notch
Exactly I wore the goofy boy lows for 3 days straight and havent even seen signs of wear
pimp.gif

I think the innovation in Nike SB has been stagnant for years now.
They need to stop catering to the hypebeasts and put out shoes
that aren't "themed" and used as a sales gimmick.
It'd be nice if they could just put the BS aside and focus
on making shoes that skate well.

I had my sb faze over the summer. I had around 12 pairs, mostly heat and got rid of them all. I couldn't do all them bright colors all the time and thequality of their shoes have been down hill. I just stopped buying. Im into the older stuff tho. Copped a pair of DS Mork and Mindy's for $120 the other dayat one of my spots and the quality is great. its a mostly leather shoe and Its been a whille since Ive seen sb put as nearly good leather on their shoes in awhile. I rather get the older stuff. than whats new. They becoming like jordans with the quality issues

SBs died when the Tiffanys released

I dont ever see them going back to their hay days

Orange, Silver boxes>Black,pink,gold boxes

I just hope they don't start making the tongues skinnier with every new release

Originally Posted by TaggPopperNJ

I had my sb faze over the summer. I had around 12 pairs, mostly heat and got rid of them all. I couldn't do all them bright colors all the time and the quality of their shoes have been down hill. I just stopped buying. Im into the older stuff tho. Copped a pair of DS Mork and Mindy's for $120 the other day at one of my spots and the quality is great. its a mostly leather shoe and Its been a whille since Ive seen sb put as nearly good leather on their shoes in a while. I rather get the older stuff. than whats new. They becoming like jordans with the quality issues

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
morks? Come on.... Nike SB been dead for awhile, you can't knock that it sells, but its turned to $%%%, gimicks, packs and etc....
smh.gif
smh.gif

Mark my words

SB is dying slowly.

there is not really that much hype around new releases anymore.

SB has been dead since gold box.

none of the crap they make now compare to the older ones like black pink and orange and silver boxes. and yes i did say black because black had alot of nicereleases in my opinion.

gold box is garbage. hopefully they can put some better kicks out this year.

in the direction of FAIL...

please stop with the use of pink...all the crap that SB has been beige, brown, flourescent green, PINK,and yellow...no more mids and please stop it with the gimmicks and themes.

Nike SB puts out some good looking shoes still, just less often.
And it seems that Blazer's are the highpoint of Nike SB right now.

Originally Posted by 951guero

SBs died when the Tiffanys released

I dont ever see them going back to their hay days

Orange, Silver boxes>Black,pink,gold boxes
uhh, so sb was already dead when the pink box sb released? aren't you buying into the same hype that makes tiffany's so expensive? all theposts like yours only help to create a hype, and as much as i hate to say it, that makes YOU the beast. you should rethink that sentence. hype should neverruin the shoe anyway, if other people want to shell out 600 so be it, but that has no effect on anything that releases after that... they're just shoes.

Originally Posted by YoungKD3

Mark my words

SB is dying slowly has been dead since 07.

there is not really that much hype around new releases anymore. No one gives a doo doo about the new releases.

SB has been dead since gold pink box.

none of the crap they make now compare to the older ones like black pink and orange and silver boxes. and yes i did say black because black had alot of nice releases in my opinion.

gold box is garbage. hopefully they can put some better kicks out this year.
fixed for you young man

i love the fact that hype is dying down. Personally i never cared what color the box my dunks came in. I miss the 6.0s that our pac sun used to carry.

Sb has been done for a while..they drop a good release once or twice a yr but 95% of their releases are
grin.gif
sick.gif
....after 2005, there has only been a handfulof sb's I was really feeling...

I think the innovation in Nike SB has been stagnant for years now.
They need to stop catering to the hypebeasts and put out shoes
that aren't "themed" and used as a sales gimmick.
It'd be nice if they could just put the BS aside and focus
on making shoes that skate well.
YES. A major reason I really got turned off from nike sb in recent years is that thanks to these stupid gimmicks, I feel like you have to be 15years old to wear them. I just feel childish wearing sbs now unless its a 2002-2003 cw. Some decent colors have come out recently (I.e Strummers,goofy boys)but I can't get myself to really like them thanks to that stigma SB has attached to itself. Why must everything be inspired by something? Escpecially whenthe inspiration is mosquito spray or a lobster
indifferent.gif
(#@# was that allabout!?)

Back
Top Bottom