What do you do for a living? Vol. my first thread..

@the wizard you're at mindshare? I'm at MediaCom.

@bxbadboy me or mojo? Either way I have my BA in media studies from queens college. In media it doesn't matter what you major in as long as you graduated.

@israel I used to work retail before my current job and it's a different animal in media sales. But they do share some similarities

@bxbadboy me or mojo? Either way I have my BA in media studies from queens college. In media it doesn't matter what you major in as long as you graduated.

@israel I used to work retail before my current job and it's a different animal in media sales. But they do share some similarities

Originally Posted by krazy88s

How can someone get into the IT world? What would be the best way?

1) get a bachelors in IT, CS, or IS....

2) Get an associates in an IT field

3) get certifications ie A+, CCNA, MCSE or CCVP

Get any of those and you can get yourself a job somewhere, probably entry level

Originally Posted by krazy88s

How can someone get into the IT world? What would be the best way?

1) get a bachelors in IT, CS, or IS....

2) Get an associates in an IT field

3) get certifications ie A+, CCNA, MCSE or CCVP

Get any of those and you can get yourself a job somewhere, probably entry level

Mechanical Engineer at a Salt Mine....

Where are the Engineers at??? I swear NikeTalk had a few of them

Originally Posted by jhobson5

electrical, fam
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

small world.  my wife actually started at MediaCom then after hoppin around a little bit ended up at Mindshare for a few years (their LA office is pretty effin awesome btw).  She jumped ship from Mindshare to OMD bout 3 years ago and has been there ever since.

Israel - in terms of my wife "hating sales", she just hates the whole shmoozing/being fake aspect of it.  I tell her that is part of the game, thats what she needs to do to get ahead (and bring home more money for us) but she hates it so much she cant bring herself to do it.  I would never force her to do anything she didnt want to do, but boy would it be nice if she was bringing home some sales rep money.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

small world.  my wife actually started at MediaCom then after hoppin around a little bit ended up at Mindshare for a few years (their LA office is pretty effin awesome btw).  She jumped ship from Mindshare to OMD bout 3 years ago and has been there ever since.

Israel - in terms of my wife "hating sales", she just hates the whole shmoozing/being fake aspect of it.  I tell her that is part of the game, thats what she needs to do to get ahead (and bring home more money for us) but she hates it so much she cant bring herself to do it.  I would never force her to do anything she didnt want to do, but boy would it be nice if she was bringing home some sales rep money.

Database Management for an Insurance Brokerage Firm and in school as well.

Probably will start shopping my resume some time in the 1st Quarter of 2011.

Database Management for an Insurance Brokerage Firm and in school as well.

Probably will start shopping my resume some time in the 1st Quarter of 2011.

Nice, my old supervisor is now at OMD and a former co-worker just left there to work for Metro. small world indeed. And i agree on the butt kissing and what not you have to do in sales.

Back
Top Bottom