What do you do when your boss is playing favourites?

nothing, its something that normally doesnt last a lifetime just let it run its course itll be over soon

im always the favorite, so i dont know how it feels
laugh.gif

I'd advise that you just take care of your business and let your boss cook.  If it's favoritism towards someone that isn't even taking care of their business then your boss is digging a hole for him/herself and is actually working in your favor. 

I'd advise that you just take care of your business and let your boss cook.  If it's favoritism towards someone that isn't even taking care of their business then your boss is digging a hole for him/herself and is actually working in your favor. 

Originally Posted by RO RO 8

work ethic, appearance, and common interests mainly cause me to favor people over others

Other than work ethic, I don't really see how the other factors should affect your treatment of employees. Unless your business has a dress code (which everyone should be following and in that case I don't see how ones appearance would have precedence over the others) picking favorites based on appearance is superficial. And you admittedly give less credence to those who don't share the same interests as you? Do you know how trivial that sounds in a business setting? Honestly, you just sound like your run of the mill douche boss. No offense, of course.

work ethic, appearance, and common interests mainly cause me to favor people over others

Other than work ethic, I don't really see how the other factors should affect your treatment of employees. Unless your business has a dress code (which everyone should be following and in that case I don't see how ones appearance would have precedence over the others) picking favorites based on appearance is superficial. And you admittedly give less credence to those who don't share the same interests as you? Do you know how trivial that sounds in a business setting? Honestly, you just sound like your run of the mill douche boss. No offense, of course.

I agree on the first one, but for the other 2, you my friend deserve this......
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Go to his office and lock the door and ask him with a serious face "what can I do for you BOSS"

Go to his office and lock the door and ask him with a serious face "what can I do for you BOSS"

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

RO RO 8 wrote:

I agree with you Keith to an extent because appearance and common interests should not be such strong factors when liking someone. BUT appearance and common interests do lead to other factors that would make a boss not have someone as a favorite. At my old job, for example, I had a coworker who was always dressed sloppy, and that extended beyond her appearance because she was a sloppy person all together. Additionally, having common interests with the boss means that you are more relate-able and easy to talk to, so it can make a boss like you more.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

RO RO 8 wrote:

I agree with you Keith to an extent because appearance and common interests should not be such strong factors when liking someone. BUT appearance and common interests do lead to other factors that would make a boss not have someone as a favorite. At my old job, for example, I had a coworker who was always dressed sloppy, and that extended beyond her appearance because she was a sloppy person all together. Additionally, having common interests with the boss means that you are more relate-able and easy to talk to, so it can make a boss like you more.

Well I kept working and trying to learn more jobs and eventually my boss's favorites started to get themselves fired. It still makes me shake my head thinking about it. We were at a non busy period late last year. My boss tried to make me quit by giving me 6-8 hours a week. Her then favorites were taking my hours and then they started to peel off, one by one. I hate to wait until about 6-7 people got fired or quit. Now I'm getting the most or second most hours in the store.

I stuck in there and it worked for me thus far. Now I'm getting compliments left and right. Crazy.

Well I kept working and trying to learn more jobs and eventually my boss's favorites started to get themselves fired. It still makes me shake my head thinking about it. We were at a non busy period late last year. My boss tried to make me quit by giving me 6-8 hours a week. Her then favorites were taking my hours and then they started to peel off, one by one. I hate to wait until about 6-7 people got fired or quit. Now I'm getting the most or second most hours in the store.

I stuck in there and it worked for me thus far. Now I'm getting compliments left and right. Crazy.

welcome to America. i run a business and i do admit that i play favorites amongst my employees. the best thing i can tell you is to get on your boss's good side from the beginning. if you're not one of his favorites, than something is wrong with you.

To be sincere, I'm not too fond of my boss. Well, actually, im just saying that because of this situation. How could I get on his good side when hes never around here? I see dude once every 2 months or so and when I do I just let it be cus the manager is always on his nuts. This favouritism started ever since the last managers left because they had to move back to la. One of them got me this job lol. Anyways, the thing that is upsetting me the most is that my coworker is getting shunned the most. She only has this job and she is available on morning shifts. It's been like that for a year. She used to get morning shifts all the time, but then the owner implemented a new system of one person per shift during the mornings. The problem is that the owner doesn't g e nobody else but the manager the morning shifts. He's the one with the most consistent schedule and highest pay. It doesn't make any sense that hes willing to cut everyone hours except one person and he isn't willing to give a raise either.

welcome to America. i run a business and i do admit that i play favorites amongst my employees. the best thing i can tell you is to get on your boss's good side from the beginning. if you're not one of his favorites, than something is wrong with you.

To be sincere, I'm not too fond of my boss. Well, actually, im just saying that because of this situation. How could I get on his good side when hes never around here? I see dude once every 2 months or so and when I do I just let it be cus the manager is always on his nuts. This favouritism started ever since the last managers left because they had to move back to la. One of them got me this job lol. Anyways, the thing that is upsetting me the most is that my coworker is getting shunned the most. She only has this job and she is available on morning shifts. It's been like that for a year. She used to get morning shifts all the time, but then the owner implemented a new system of one person per shift during the mornings. The problem is that the owner doesn't g e nobody else but the manager the morning shifts. He's the one with the most consistent schedule and highest pay. It doesn't make any sense that hes willing to cut everyone hours except one person and he isn't willing to give a raise either.

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

indifferent.gif

Stoneface it or not, but this is part of the working environment. You'd be foolish to think he's the only boss to play favorites based on common interests.

You better find some stuff you and your boss have in common to mitigate the situation, at least until you can do better.

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

indifferent.gif

Stoneface it or not, but this is part of the working environment. You'd be foolish to think he's the only boss to play favorites based on common interests.

You better find some stuff you and your boss have in common to mitigate the situation, at least until you can do better.

Back
Top Bottom