What do you do with your books at the end of the semester? Vol. Semester 1 done

I definitively know that selling back to the book store will screw you from behind. Should I go the ebay/amazon route? And if so, should I start selling themnow or towards the start of the next semester (end of january)?

Sell em to people you know that have to take that class or put up flyers around campus

What I did was sell the ones I felt like I was never going to use, but keep the ones in my major (CJ). I kept a psychology book or two cause you never when youmay need a reference like that. Try different websites to sell your books too, they may give you more $$ than your school if they buy them back. Which is aripoff and a half.

I dont sell them because you never get nearly what you payed for them back. I keep them and just lend them to my friends if they ever need them.

Originally Posted by J23S

Sell em to people you know that have to take that class or put up flyers around campus

Hmm...what about short story books that were like $7?

Try and sell them to students, that's whats I did last semester. Had an accounting book that I sold to a student used for $60. (Book store used price wasaround $80, but they would only give you about $30 if you sold it to them) Post flyers around the classrooms of those teachers, works most of the time.I'll be posting flyers probably the 1st day of classes.

Best choice is to sell them to students but sometimes that falls short. I'm heading to an off campus bookstore and selling them there right now. I have nouse for my books and I am having a hard time deciding if I should give up my psychology book or not. It's on the field I want to pursue...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by derventa

Originally Posted by J23S

Hmm...what about short story books that were like $7?
Keep em and loan em out, it was only $7, but the books that were $40 plus try and get at least half

i go to the bookstore and turn them in. we only have to buy workbooks, we get to rent textbooks. runs about $150 a semester i think.

Originally Posted by MrSneakerman

I dont sell them because you never get nearly what you payed for them back. I keep them and just lend them to my friends if they ever need them.

Back
Top Bottom