What Does House Sitting Mean to You?

Smash on their King Sized bed
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Depends how old you are and if you have your own place. Don't see why you'd stay at someone else's house if you got one of your own...
There's also that. If I had my own place, I wouldn't be so inclined to house sit. But I literally get a crazy nice house for a few months at a time because the owner travels a lot, so there's no point in me getting my own place right now. I get paid to live in a place I should be paying him to stay at, honestly. The amenities are ridiculous. Waterfront home, MTV Cribs style theater (built before Cribs even existed), etc.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Depends how old you are and if you have your own place. Don't see why you'd stay at someone else's house if you got one of your own...
There's also that. If I had my own place, I wouldn't be so inclined to house sit. But I literally get a crazy nice house for a few months at a time because the owner travels a lot, so there's no point in me getting my own place right now. I get paid to live in a place I should be paying him to stay at, honestly. The amenities are ridiculous. Waterfront home, MTV Cribs style theater (built before Cribs even existed), etc.
That's the thing.  I like my house better than their townhouse.  I thought about it this morning and what I did was went and grabbed their dog.  She can just chill at my crib with mine and I'll pop my head in to their place a few times this week I guess. 

Basically it means feed the pets, bring the mail inside so it doesn't build up, water the plants, and just to be a little bit of a presence. Ex. If somebody leaves for like 3 weeks and people know they aren't there, it may get broken into. But if the house sitter is there every now and then with the lights on etc. people think somebody is there and of they leave, can return at any moment

Originally Posted by NaturalyLight

That's the thing.  I like my house better than their townhouse.  I thought about it this morning and what I did was went and grabbed their dog.  She can just chill at my crib with mine and I'll pop my head in to their place a few times this week I guess. 

=/= to house sitting
laugh.gif
. Grabbed the dog and rolled out.

Yeah just keep the dog and plants alive. Make it seem like someone is still living there. Since it's a week maybe do some light cleaning.

Originally Posted by NaturalyLight

that should work just fine.  when i go out of town i ask my friends or family to watch my dog/housesit and tell them they can stay there if they want.  most choose to just pickup my dog and take them back to their own house which is fine.

Originally Posted by blakep267

Basically it means feed the pets, bring the mail inside so it doesn't build up, water the plants, and just to be a little bit of a presence. Ex. If somebody leaves for like 3 weeks and people know they aren't there, it may get broken into. But if the house sitter is there every now and then with the lights on etc. people think somebody is there and of they leave, can return at any moment
^^^^^^^^^^
exactly.  Your presence is needed to prevent would be burgalars from breaking in.  Believe or not but people watch the comings and goings of their neighbors.  Whether intentional or unintentional, they know your schedule.   If the wrong people see evidence  that no one is there they will take advantage of that.  So keep your word and allow your friends the peace of mind knowing their home and dog are being cared for.  I'm in MD originally from BK, NY.  I can't tell how paranoid I get when I go back for a few days to chill with family and friends.  Sometimes I can't enjoy my time b/c I'm wondering if my car and crib are ok. 

Originally Posted by Spiceman80

Originally Posted by blakep267

^^^^^^^^^^
exactly.  Your presence is needed to prevent would be burgalars from breaking in.  Believe or not but people watch the comings and goings of their neighbors.  Whether intentional or unintentional, they know your schedule.   If the wrong people see evidence  that no one is there they will take advantage of that.  So keep your word and allow your friends the peace of mind knowing their home and dog are being cared for.  I'm in MD originally from BK, NY.  I can't tell how paranoid I get when I go back for a few days to chill with family and friends.  Sometimes I can't enjoy my time b/c I'm wondering if my car and crib are ok. 

I hear you.  I'm actually in MD too.  I get the whole house sitting thing b/c I own a condo in SC that I am only there for about 2-3 months a year.  I don't know, I figure a car in my people's driveway a few days this week, a few dogs running around, and picking up the mail should do the job.  I hear where my man said I aint doing the job though by just scooping the dog 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom