What gives a basketball shoe good traction?

surface area,density of the rubber compound,pattern used on the outsole seems to be hit or miss..I thought the VII's were going to have no traction butended up not being so bad..but then again the rubber compound was pretty soft.I loved the traction on the Zoom Flight Turbines but Ive been noticing the treadwears out fairly quickly.

^ thats right, there are alot of different factors involved with traction. Generally the softer the rubber compound, the more grip it will provide, but thatalso means that it will be less durable. So product developers and engineers have a lot of work to do when deciding what kind of outsole compound to use.

I think the most important factor is the tread design cause both the 20.5.5. and the Soldier have extremely hard rubber on the bottom and they both have sicktraction.

Originally Posted by STORM RYDER

So product developers and engineers have a lot of work to do when deciding what kind of outsole compound to use.

wouldnt you think they'd have figured it out by now. sure there are different factors but not that many. plenty of shoes have great traction, whynot repeat that formula?

I would also like to add, the all time worst traction I have every experienced belonged to the And1 Silky Smooths
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom