What happened NY?

a6d15ce05767404c5ceb6eda4e443ea6dd90f04.gif

It's not just NY.

Rap fell off in general, hard. Some call it change, I call it a decline. With few exceptions the mainstream nowadays is
sick.gif
The underground is still poppin'though
pimp.gif

I feel you though, miss the days of DITC, CotC, Ghetto Dwellaz, Big L, Big Pun, Biggie, Old Nas, Old Mobb Deep, KRS, Kool G & The Juice Crew, Old Wu-Tangetc etc Damn, NY was doing it.

^^^ But NY artist NEVER really got along to a point they were willing to help one anothers careers (like you see down south) . . . Its just the east, much likethe west never really had a "passing of the torch", old ninjas wanna rap till they like 64 like Jay Z and %$*$ and NEVER put any of his flunkies out,Nas never could be a successful business man, I mean 50 is the only cat that has his protege's out of their moms house (but he's a bad guy
smh.gif
) theneverybody else just fell the %$#* off for the most part . . . Cam put his peeps on, then they fell out.

I think Ny still got it just alot of the people that came in the game watered it down it will pick up soon like when dipset was together they were doing theirthing but now you dont know where the good music will come from the only group in Ny still killing it is the LOX Styles P, Jadakiss, and Sheek Louche

They thought they wouldn't see the day that the south would use the same dirty tricks.

Pop tracks, paying Djs, exploiting artists.

Jay Z and %$*$ and NEVER put any of his flunkies out Im from houston, but to say that is ehhh, not really the truth- he def. put out young gunz, beanie andbleek - def tried to put them on, just wasnt able to make them big

wren32 wrote:
you guys fell off cuz yall got whack rappers lie Main-O and BOB lol.
Why are you still posting here?

Didn't you know your opinion on anything regarding music became irrelevant after you said
Originally Posted by wren32

Originally Posted by nwtiger

for real
im 15 and i think lil wayne is about as trash as soulja boy
please never put lil waynes name in teh same sentence as soulja boy. wayne is top 5 ever period. Biggie, Wayne, Pac, Jay Z, Eminem, and then Nas. soulja boy is very good at making beats but as a rapper hes terrible but hes still leaps and bounds better then plies. lol.

even if you look at lyrics wayne is better imo. i think nas has great lyrics and we all know waynes on some other stuff right now. but overall waynes lyrics are dope. he can spit about anything and keep you into it. i cant get through a nas album cuz its so boring im asleep by track 6.
tired.gif
...and I mess with Wayne when he ain't on that stupid %**@.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

wren32 wrote:
you guys fell off cuz yall got whack rappers lie Main-O and BOB lol.
Why are you still posting here?

Didn't you know your opinion on anything regarding music became irrelevant after you said

Originally Posted by nwtiger

for real
im 15 and i think lil wayne is about as trash as soulja boy
please never put lil waynes name in teh same sentence as soulja boy. wayne is top 5 ever period. Biggie, Wayne, Pac, Jay Z, Eminem, and then Nas. soulja boy is very good at making beats but as a rapper hes terrible but hes still leaps and bounds better then plies. lol.

even if you look at lyrics wayne is better imo. i think nas has great lyrics and we all know waynes on some other stuff right now. but overall waynes lyrics are dope. he can spit about anything and keep you into it. i cant get through a nas album cuz its so boring im asleep by track 6.
tired.gif
...and I mess with Wayne when he ain't on that stupid %**@.

well if you look closely at what i said i put 3 rappers from new york at the top lol. so what are you talkin bout. new topic buddy. 60 percent of the top 5rappers are from NY lol. but as of right now NY is terrible. But overall like rappin period new york and south central L.A. are the best.

Hopefully Fab comes thru IDK who else other than Jay there is to look forward to really bringing anything relevant to the city

You said Wayne was top 5 ever period.

That's all we needed to know about you.

8fd366613899278ee78dc98388808a249a9e713a.gif

And to make matters worse, you focused on lyrics and said Wayne was better than Nas.

j9q06b.gif

Like others have said, everybody has fallen off. No one region/state/city is "doing it" right now.

The difference with NYC is that whether they're at the top or the bottom, people will always talk about them.

We up in NY fell off cause of people like this who would rather listen to Lil Wayne over Nas. NY is still doin it, Talib, Wu, Jay-z, etc... I do feel you thatwe haven't had anything new that has been true fire though. Seriously, get off Wayne's nuts he is hot garbage.

the whole hip hop movement is not doin good... not only ny... i hate then people say this dumb stuff....

^^ What underground movement is this ? I'm up on the ny underground scene and there really isn't anyone that impressive.

Originally Posted by NO ESCAPIN THIS

^^ What underground movement is this ? I'm up on the ny underground scene and there really isn't anyone that impressive.
mickey factz
cory gunz
charles hamilton ( i hate him though)
joe budden
jae millz
max b
basically alot of cats we like are underground...cuz if it wasn't for the internet we wouldn't hear about em for years at a time if your counting on TVcoverage....

^True.

But this post was actually about how NY lost its gritty touch. There used to be a certain "mystique" around NY when i was growing up and a lot of ithad to do with the music.
Shyne had so much potential smh No doubt there is a lot of talented lyrically inclined emcees in NY but I don't ALWAYS want to hear that "type"of NY hip-hop and if I do I want to hear some street tales on a heavy boom bap vinyl crackling beat preferibly made by Premo lol (I'm probably on my ownwhen i say this lol)
They should've marketed Uncle Murder better lol

All those cats are mixtape rappers , not complete artists (Buddens being the exception). AND not part of a true NY underground movement . Skyzoo and Torae aremore NY underground , Ortiz aswell .

Back
Top Bottom