What Happened to Nike SB ???

From a skaters prospective, Nike SB is taking over skateboarding footwear. I don't think we'll see them gone anytime soon.  I swear, go to your local park, nearly all the kids skating street are wearing Janoski's and all the old guys and transition guys are wearing Vans. I agree as far as creating hype and interesting sneakers, Nike SB has been falling of the wagon. With Nike iD also, Nike pushes that more than colorways. I think that Nike SB will lean more towards core skaters, judging by the events they've sponsered recently (Tampa Am, US Open of HB). It's a shame, I was hoping to cop some interesting stuff in the next few years. Nike SB has left behind a legacy for sneakerheads though, with the Cali's and Supreme Dunks. It was a good run.

indeed .

Judging by a lot of these comments seems like a bunch of people liked SB because of the hype with themes and corny nicknames. Sounds good because I can maybe scoop up some gems I missed out on for a good price. People who like kicks still check for SB's regularly regardless of hype and nicknames.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Pretty much.  I've been able to hold off and basically pay like 40% off MSRP when copping SBs lately.  I love it.  Let the people who buy shoes based purely off of hype have their Foams and Retro J's.  A simple, toned down SB goes with anything.

Last edited:
let everybody keep thinkin sbs are dead that way the hypebeasts dont blow the spot

these were my all time fav i need these again

Let the people who buy shoes based purely off of hype have their Foams and Retro J's

Exactly. I walked into my local shop four after opening and still was able to get my black Levis, as well as a restocked pair of Nontourages (both in my size mind you). It's great not having to buy a different size and then look to sell/trade them for the correct size. 2 months later and I got the Krampus' again with no problem. Supporting local shop + getting shoes I want easily = Win.

Last edited:
From a skaters prospective, Nike SB is taking over skateboarding footwear. I don't think we'll see them gone anytime soon.  I swear, go to your local park, nearly all the kids skating street are wearing Janoski's and all the old guys and transition guys are wearing Vans. I agree as far as creating hype and interesting sneakers, Nike SB has been falling of the wagon. With Nike iD also, Nike pushes that more than colorways. I think that Nike SB will lean more towards core skaters, judging by the events they've sponsered recently (Tampa Am, US Open of HB). It's a shame, I was hoping to cop some interesting stuff in the next few years. Nike SB has left behind a legacy for sneakerheads though, with the Cali's and Supreme Dunks. It was a good run.
this.

a lot of skaters wear janoski's or PROD'S, i personally skate blazers bc i kinda prefer a pointy shoe but i pull out the PROD 2's every here and there when i want more of a fat shoe that i can wear all day. i wear dunks casually bc i don't want to mess them up
smile.gif

plus with nike sb sponsoring events and their team being one of the best in skateboarding and their new skatepark/museum, sb isn't going anywhere soon

RIP 6.0's though
frown.gif

You clowns are lame

Only little hype beasts say crap like RIP Nike SB

SB is Nikes fastest growing division which keeps generating record revenue yearly for them

Let the people who buy shoes based purely off of hype have their Foams and Retro J's
Exactly. I walked into my local shop four after opening and still was able to get my black Levis, as well as a restocked pair of Nontourages (both in my size mind you). It's great not having to buy a different size and then look to sell/trade them for the correct size. 2 months later and I got the Krampus' again with no problem. Supporting local shop + getting shoes I want easily = Win.
Definitely.  The problem is that buy what you like doesn't exist anymore.  It's pretty much buy what you think will "break necks."  You've got people copping Roshe's for over $200.  Out of any shoe I own, from a construction standpoint, that shoe is the one with the shortest lifespan and I only copped them when I was able to get them at markdown prices.  Back when no one even cared what they were.  Now that they've gone mainstream, everyone has to have them.  The ticket procedure at my local mall got shut down for Playoff XI's...a shoe that's about to be dropped for the 4th time!
laugh.gif

I'm loving the bargains that I'm able to get on SBs and on many of the Nike Retro shoes in general.  The Mint Highs a few years ago would probably be going in the $200 range.  Now I can just sit back, wait, and cop for like $65.  No hoops to jump through at all for shoes that will never have crumbling midsoles/chipped paint.

Just like every other shoe, people will hop back on the bandwagon once their favorite celeb starts rocking them.  That's pretty much what this sneaker culture has become now.

Last edited:
Please stay away, there's plenty of new foams and Jordan retros coming out. Go after those.

I think SB should retro to cause all the colorways that are nice are way to hard to find these days

Please stay away, there's plenty of new foams and Jordan retros coming out. Go after those.
****** please, as someone that gave 2 craps about SB then and now i wish da damn hypebeast YA created would go back to their original home.

If it means that Nike SB's hype will return to what it once was...no thanks to retros.  Let the people who cop stuff only because of hype have their Jordans.  Nike SB is fine as it is.

Last edited:
Nike SB is seeming to have a comeback in 2013. The hype on foams is clearly dying and Jordan's are getting saturated now, the hype shoe of the moment is clearly Roshe Runs. I hope SBs don't get too hyped but more people are noticing them, especially the Concords and Challenge Reds. I'm excited to see what they have up their sleeve for 2013 and beyond.

Nike SB is seeming to have a comeback in 2013. The hype on foams is clearly dying and Jordan's are getting saturated now, the hype shoe of the moment is clearly Roshe Runs. I hope SBs don't get too hyped but more people are noticing them, especially the Concords and Challenge Reds. I'm excited to see what they have up their sleeve for 2013 and beyond.

Comeback?

SB is Nikes fastest growing market

SB doesn't equal Dunks, get that straight

Comeback?

SB is Nikes fastest growing market

SB doesn't equal Dunks, get that straight

Sorry, this thread has been all about SB Dunks so I was just referring to Dunks. You're completely right though, Janoskis and Kostons have been huge for SB, I particularly love the Kostons but see the Janoskis on the feet of every skater.

Just like every other shoe, people will hop back on the bandwagon once their favorite celeb starts rocking them.  That's pretty much what this sneaker culture has become now.
Actually, I'm curious about this part. Where did the hype for SB's ever start? It seems like not really any celebs outside of Wale and Jason Sudeikis messed with Nike SB. At least, none of the mainstream rappers that I can think of. And anyone that responds, please don't call professional skateboarders celebrities. 

Actually, I'm curious about this part. Where did the hype for SB's ever start? It seems like not really any celebs outside of Wale and Jason Sudeikis messed with Nike SB. At least, none of the mainstream rappers that I can think of. And anyone that responds, please don't call professional skateboarders celebrities. 
A lot of skaters are more of a celebrity than Wale my dude lol

those are decent but im still hoping for something better

Back
Top Bottom