What Happened to Nike SB ???

I honestly didnt even know Nike was making SB Dunks anymore...

And I know some people hate it but I still love my Mork and Mindys

Originally Posted by Savraj1

There's no need to boycott. Let the high school beasts who think they're doing it continue to cop the newer SBs. 
As legit collectors, we know nsb is dead. But notice the people copping SBs nowadays are newboyz jerking fools at high schools and middle schools.
So you want SB to stay dead? Dont you want to at least try to revive it? And to refer to your later post, I am letting them buy, but the problem wth today's SBs (dunks) is that quality is worse than ever and the cws have no thought in them, they dont appeal to the majority of heads like the old ones did. Plus they are too abundant which also reduces desire. I dont like them for the cws and quality and I think we deserve better because we are the ones that put Nike SB on the map, we made them popular, we led them to think they could reduce quality and stop making sought after cws, but I know we are not a group of people that allows itself to be manipulated like that. We know we are being taken advantage of, yet we dont try to prevent the situation. I am standing up to Nike SB, finally, and I have full confidence that if enough people stop buying dunks then Nike SB will take notice. I want to make it so we have the leverage on them and want to make it so we dictate what they do, not the other way around. If this succeeds and SB becomes popular again then we will have the power and have what we want again. 

SB IS  DEAD ONLY IF YOU GUYS CONTINUE TO LET IT BE and by buying, Nike just is encouraged to do more of the same as they have been doing..We deserve better than that, we dont deserve to be taken advantage of.....and to the guy that mentioned mork and mindys, they are pretty sought after these days....I want to see sneakermane's reaction.

Can someone please help me come up with a persuasive way to get people to follow and also a way to allow heads not on the forums (ISS, NT, and NSB) to hear about this movement and join it?

i just want them to re-release some colorways with brown or tan in them.  like the maples, chocolates, and carhartts.

It's funny that people say "nike sb" and 95% of the references are of the dunk line. NSB consists of more than one shoe.

@El...dude why you Soooooooo stuck on trying to "revive" the line...Nike Sb is NOT dead...it's just Nike SB of old is dead...you keep saying Sneakerheads this...Sneakerheads that...let Nike know the power we have...blablablah...

Few things

1. Nike doesn't care about YOU..stop thinking that you and your crew are gonna boycott and things will change...cause it won't!!! And please don't start talking this well WE complained about fat tongues..blablablah....what HAPPENED was..SHOP OWNERS had a focus meeting with the brand and specifically complained about the lack of a fat tongue having an effect not on sales but on creating a difference between NIke SB and Nike Sportswear which continues to get enormous marketing dollars....The shop owners threaten to start reducing orders and were appeased....

2. You keep saying SNEAKERHEADS...dude please dont use that term when referencing to Nike SB...the funny thing about that is that Skaters HATE you sooo called SNEAKERHEADS...they hate NIKE and all that it stands for within there culture....The riders..and shop owners love Nike SB cause it keeps money and revenue coming into the stores and has become almost a necasary evil....

3. What's this Quality nonsense????? You sound like one of these little kids who cry in the JB thread....JB has been producing the same BS for years...pre creased...glue stains...etc..and you kids STILL eat it up...Clearly these "QUALITY" issue you speak of hasn't stopped the product from selling...and it WON'T stop the product from selling...my local shop gets calls everyday for the 4/20 Dunk..and we ain't even seen pics yet..So stop it with this quality non sense cause you kids are still gonna eat it up

In Closing..what diminished the brand...SneakerMane hit it on the head...Nike produced limited runs..It's not that the sneakers were exceptionally hot it's just hey...the reason why Gas is $4.00 a gas...Limited Supply (actually perception of limited supply)..Put it like this...Pigeons and Paris are consider two of the rarest sneakers ever because of the limited size runs and availability at retail...in person..I'll exclude the Paris..the Pigeons are really no big deal ( and I have both pairs)...they are fresh...are they riot in the street fresh...Nah...but they are fresh non the less...To Mane's point..the limited availabilty OVA hype each release..People cop just cause..and shop owners had to BEG for stock....for struggling shops..the hype and markup KEPT ALOT of the lights on and rents paid....

The problem is that Nike gave the OWNERS what they wanted...more size runs...BUT...they can't pick and choose items...they have to take all produced items each month...the owners have to put up with this in order to get the Quickstrikes and hot releases...but MOST of the SB's that come out BRICK at retail...and the owners DoNT have the ability to RTV...they can refuse the restock but NOT the initial orders...So...when you walk into a spot...you see sales on most item to get rid of stock..when you walk into a factory store you see Tons of SB's...cause Nike has to send the potential restock orders somewhere...

One day you'll understand....Nike doesn't care about you!!!! You are NOT Nike's customer...the retailer is...the shop owner is....When the shop owners revolt THEN something will happen....Retro's are coming...cause the owners won't it....More STORE collabos are coming...cause store owners want it...Nike will keep doing what they doing cause...dudes are paying $175 for Liberty SB's...and someone PLeASE explain to me why that is??????

i've picked up quite a few sb's after 05

mainly dunk hi's and blazer hi's

and i'm glad they were all easy to scoop

in reality, the sb division is prolly making more money now than they were back then

it's a sad day when people are upset that people aren't getting killed for shoes

Right, so if we boycott dunks, then shop owners will not "buy" (order) them from Nike, then Nike will change its ways. You and I are seeing the same situation. When I say SB died I mean the hype (the popularity), the desire died due to whack cws, lower quality and shops over ordering which causes the stuff to become too abundant. I believe you about shops not being able to pick and choose, but BP said on ISS when I asked that they arent forced to get anything. Please clarify.

To your point about sneakerheads not being the consumers of dunks, if skaters arent buying them then who is? Yes while your kid who isnt quite a skater, but not a sneakerhead may buy a dunk here or there, sneakerheads do ( or rather they did more back then, notice all the flops (in cw) Nike SB has sold to shops, INCLUDING loons and neon j packs). WE, sneakerheads are the majority of the dunk market, clarify this, because the issue came up between my friend on ISS in a PM I had with him. Thanks again.
-EC91

The reason Im telling you not include SNEAKERHEADS in the NIKE SB conversation is because your SNEAKERHEADS as you keep labeling yourself are fickle as hell...they've currently moved on to the Lebron line and Nike Basketball...And they will be on to whatever is next that you can match skinny jeans...a colorful tee..and SnapBack too....I'm not no sneakerhead...I just like sneakers...I buy what I like regardless of the brand etc...if SB puts out something hot..I'll cop..."Sneakerhead" (aka hype beast) gotta cop what everyone says is hot..

Back to this quality non sense...Please clarify...cause it sounds like your just repeating what others have said...

As far as stock owners and purchase orders..please you think owners really WANTED a FSR of those horrid Miss PIGGY's and Blazer CS??? Nike based quick strike availibity based on status of accounts...Owners generally don't pick and choose..it is what it is...they can CHOOSE not to place a monthly order but again that would be stupid...cause when those 4/20 who doesn't want a FSR of those????? And the shops that order beyond that which is required ALWAYS catch a restock ...( like the one that is coming this week on the Liberty's)

First of all, a sneakerhead is not a hypebeast, why dont you go tell that to Bobbito and see what happens? (I'm just saying, lets get back on topic and not quibble). The term is subjective, but it is assumed that sneakerheads want to separate themselves from hypebeasts. To me a sneakerhead is someone who buys a shoe because he or she likes the shoe. A hypebeast is someone who buys a shoe because everyone likes it, not necessarily because he or she likes it. And a reseller is someone who sells shoes with or without liking them. Now I would say that as long as a person likes a shoe, they can sell it and not be a reseller. These terms are not relevant to the issues. So let's get to it.

Quality: The suede isnt as soft as before, the leather is different, and the padding is reduced (highs have been described as having cardboard feel in the heel area), also the shoes in general are stiff. Denim highs compared to Medicom 2s are much different types of denim. Also the laceflap isnt liked by sneakerheads, (I know SB wants dunks to appeal to skaters, and we'll see in the coming months if skaters increase their purchase of dunks. Since you work at a shop, you could probably tell me how this is going so far).

Shops/ Ordering: So in order for shops to get a QS, do they need to order specific models/ cws in specific quantities or just everything that SB has to offer that given month at a predetermined quantity or can shops order everything, but determine the quantity? (Has this ever been adressed to Nike SB as a concern for shops, since a lot of the new stuff (including dunks and everything else, maybe excpet for Janoskis doesnt really sell, of course depending on area) And also, are you saying that shops who overestimate the market (order too many pairs, anticipating them to be popular when they arent as popular as expected), face a restock or what? May I ask that you clarify this please. Basically in your last sentence "shops that order beyond that" what is the "that" referring to? Thanks.
-EC91
Just as a side note, are Liberty's limited to 1000 pairs worldwide or is this rumor false?

Originally Posted by ankles2008

Originally Posted by rolla808

see thats what im talking about, thet are opening in malls now...

These kind of comments I don't understand, do people need it to be secretive to be "cool"? Who cares who is able to get it, if you like it get it, if you don't then don't buy it. From GRs to Tier 0 releases as long as I like them I could care less who wears them and how many where them.

realistically most cant cop everything that they like, so it takes something specil for them ti cop a shoe in general. Thats how i nfeel at least. i only haveso much money
that doesn't even make sense to me.  so if people make fewer purchases and buy the shoes they really like and don't want to pass on, wouldn't it be better if they can go to a nearby / local store and buy it with no hassle?  i wish my the malls near me had stores that sold sb's.  it'd be way more convenient for me and i could go to the store and see them in person.  i also don't need to wait for shipping from an online store out of state.

this is also another factor regarding SBs (they are available in too many outlets, including online, but this ismt as big as an issue that I want to pursue), is they sometimes are sold at malls and this is kind of a shame for me, because SBs should only be sold at skate shops, now if your mall has a skate shop then ok..I'm awaiting ayipapi's response

see thats what im talking about, thet are opening in malls now...
so whats happenin to their other division, da 6.0 line?

and for da record da SB line was always just manufactured hype..i've always said once u general release a pair of those da hypebeast would cry...

you can't justify paying 200% for a pair of kicks that VIM or Jimmy jazz/footlocker/etc. would have da exact same model, sometimes in identical colorways for 64.99

just cuz of a gimmick.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

AND can you guys stop proposing retros, that would be the worst thing for the SB game. For all you kids who want the classics, get a job, earn some money and go buy them. Yes they are expensive, but too bad. SB needs to wow us with creativity not former successful models, that is the easy way out and not only that, but retros would be a slap in the face to a lot of sneakerheads, it would kill the legacy of all those cws. I feel SB is better than JB because they dont need to retro for success as JB does
laugh.gif

what kinda $+!%$!%* is that b? a dunk itself is a retro, nike as a WHOLE retros their whole entire catalog if they could for that bread, as soon as they need to they'll retro ever damn

OG colorway of da SB series just like they retro all da sought after models of da OG nikes and jordans.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

We need to keep Nike SB in check and make them realize we are not like the average JB consumer, one that can be manipulated. We are better than that, and the reason I have so much confidence in this boycott is because unlike JB, SBs main consumer is us SNEAKERHEADS.
your whole approach is whacked out....nike SB's main consumer are skaters, and sneakerheads just happened to be part of da braintrust.

JB actually does both, they feed da enthusiasts by releasing OG colors of favorite models pretty frequently...they also feed da casual fans and hypebeasts all those fusions

and mashups just to capitalize on their bottom line... imagine if JB was FORCED to depend on their new models instead of their retro catalog
laugh.gif
sick.gif

if nike SB doesn't start to retro their OG lineup no one will care about their new products whatsoever because da excitement is gone.

@[email protected] to what dude is telling you...DUNKS are retro's..what you saying you can't reproduce a colorway??? That sounds stupid at best...

Back to answering your response...YOU are making the terms sneakerhead and hype beast relevant by choosing to define yourself...I'm neither...i don't need definition...again..I'm just a guy who likes sneakers...What your missing about my post is the kids who CHOOSE to define themselves have and will move on as there taste, knowledge, and diversity of sneakers has a herd mentally and currently the glow of SB has simmered....

In terms of stock and ordered...the order sheet comes out months in advance..there are only like 4 to 5 models put out each month which could be a mix of dunks, blazers, etc...generally its a FSR of each...Bigger name shops such as Supreme, DQM, Premier etc get QS regardless of volume purchased...Smaller shops with larger vouome, SHOP, CCS, NJ Skateshop...get both QS drops as well as the MUCH need QS restock once it's available....BUT..they also purchase MORE then the regular run sheet as they generally have mutilple locations...So to reward them..when/if the restock is available..they get it first....My local spot has restocked..multiple times on EVERY item with the exception of the Skunks...BUT they've also carried EVERY SB since the first line was produced...

And finally quality..Dude stop it already..again..take ALL that nonsense to a JB thread...these are supposed to be skate shoes...with the exception of the padding...Even if it were true...NO ONE cares (in the skate community) about the things your crying about....The padding in the shoe changed..so did the soles but that was based on recommendations of the riders..it has nothing to do with quality...So please stop it...

JB kids cry about quality cause they have to compare retro's to OG models...since your not in favor of retro's how can you compare quality??? I can compare and have a quality argument with Jordan 3 OG cements and retro cements ...how can I compare a pair of Loon's to a pair of flash SB's ??? Two completely DIFFERENT sneakers...different materials..different variations of leather and suede...

So just to end this...Nike SB is not dead..it's just different and "aged" line..over production didn't kill it but forced it to change...I would say Nike SB is very similar to Bape...they kinda grew themselves outta business..

^^^The man done summed it up right there.
And I NEVER heard of anybody complaining about quality issues on a SB Dunk before.
Anyways, Nothing else needs to be said but....Bring on the retroes!!!!
laugh.gif

Some of you dudes are delusional. Who cares if they retro some of the silver-box and pink-box SB's? If the quality sucks or you dont like them- DONT BUY THEM. Even if they were executed perfectly - there'd be a thread full of morons ranting on and on about how "its just not the same" or "its not like it used to be"- or whining about " awww man, now all these kids and hypebeasts are rockin the same kicks as I got on ice back at home"
If you only care about shoes because they are rare/exclusive or because they're worth money, then you're here for the wrong reason.

Seems like a bunch of misfits that couldn't fit in anywhere else decided to join NT and act like they're some "sneakerheads"- you guys aint impressing anybody with your bogus opinions- just stop. Clowns are clowns- regardless of the arena- u stick out like a sore thumb.

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

@[email protected] to what dude is telling you...DUNKS are retro's..what you saying you can't reproduce a colorway??? That sounds stupid at best...

Back to answering your response...YOU are making the terms sneakerhead and hype beast relevant by choosing to define yourself...I'm neither...i don't need definition...again..I'm just a guy who likes sneakers...What your missing about my post is the kids who CHOOSE to define themselves have and will move on as there taste, knowledge, and diversity of sneakers has a herd mentally and currently the glow of SB has simmered....

In terms of stock and ordered...the order sheet comes out months in advance..there are only like 4 to 5 models put out each month which could be a mix of dunks, blazers, etc...generally its a FSR of each...Bigger name shops such as Supreme, DQM, Premier etc get QS regardless of volume purchased...Smaller shops with larger vouome, SHOP, CCS, NJ Skateshop...get both QS drops as well as the MUCH need QS restock once it's available....BUT..they also purchase MORE then the regular run sheet as they generally have mutilple locations...So to reward them..when/if the restock is available..they get it first....My local spot has restocked..multiple times on EVERY item with the exception of the Skunks...BUT they've also carried EVERY SB since the first line was produced...

And finally quality..Dude stop it already..again..take ALL that nonsense to a JB thread...these are supposed to be skate shoes...with the exception of the padding...Even if it were true...NO ONE cares (in the skate community) about the things your crying about....The padding in the shoe changed..so did the soles but that was based on recommendations of the riders..it has nothing to do with quality...So please stop it...

JB kids cry about quality cause they have to compare retro's to OG models...since your not in favor of retro's how can you compare quality??? I can compare and have a quality argument with Jordan 3 OG cements and retro cements ...how can I compare a pair of Loon's to a pair of flash SB's ??? Two completely DIFFERENT sneakers...different materials..different variations of leather and suede...

So just to end this...Nike SB is not dead..it's just different and "aged" line..over production didn't kill it but forced it to change...I would say Nike SB is very similar to Bape...they kinda grew themselves outta business..
@Ninjahood, the dunk's main consumer is sneakerheads though Nike SB would like them to be skaters, the way I see it as long as they are popular and making money why should they care who buys the dunks? Also skaters, USED to be the dunks main consumer (they were cheaper for one thing, I skate I skate dunks, but I'd say most skaters would rather pay 65-75 than 83-100 dollars per pair). I'm sure ayipapi can vouch for this, I have a question, at your shop specifically, when kids come in and buy the latest dunks are they generally skaters or sneakerheads?
Also, you say JB feeds the people with OG colorways, yes they do, but the insistance on them has made them DEPENDENT on retros for success as opposed to coming up with new ideas that we like. This is why I predict JB will topple soon. Now back to SB, I think SB is better than JB. They dont need retros for success, all they need is better cws that we like. The only reason SB is supposedly dead is because sneakerheads arent feeling the cws, and also shops tend to over order, so take a pair like un lodens. If those had been more limited than they were, they would be worth more. (This is not saying that every shoe that is limited is worth a lot of money, it has to be liked by a lot of people, a majority for people to be willing to accept a given value as the market price)....

@ayipapi, What is your reluctance to challenging SB to change? If this boycott is successful then you will have more business and make more money (as will skate shops with SB accounts), how can you complain or object to that? You say its not dead, well people are still buying because so I guess technically its not dead. But what that term means is that SB has fallen off, its not popular anymore. The ONLY reason it isnt popular anymore is because the cws just dont appeal to a majority of people, the quality is lower, and there are too many pairs ordered by shops, so even if the cw was "dope" (liked by a lot of people) there are too many pairs on the market, thus the reason why unlodens are only going for retail on the resale market. Also the reason why that policy by Nike SB and you are complaining about Miss piggies etc, is simply because they aren't selling. I'm sure the policy has been in affect since 02 right? The difference now (after 06) is that more pairs are not liked by a majority and thus they dont sell. The policy isnt bad, its the shoes that affect your judgment on the policy. Does this make sense? Now, most of the shoes going for retail on the resale market, are true flops. Look at Neon J Packs, even they are only going for 120-130. For all the hype they received, they are a semi flop, but I think it is the same case as unlodens. Now Guccis, I have heard that people say they look cheap in quality and thus the low resale price of about 180-200. SB hype is driven by demand, if people are feeling the pairs they will buy, but only if there are less pairs than the total number of people into them. If SB can come at us with cws that a majority of us actually like, and raise quality to 05 standards, they will be more popular, and the SB culture will revive itself. Nike SB is responsible for their demise not us. They aren't fullfilling our needs and thus thats why pairs are still sitting on shelves and shops have more debt. The reason I think you guys aren't behind this boycott is not because you dont want to see 05 back again, but I think it has to do more with the fact that you are uncertain of the result and aren't willing to not buy a dunk for the benefit of yourself and of others. IF WE BOYCOTT DUNKS (which will lead to shops not ordering them from Nike SB), WE WILL ALL BE BETTER OFF, INCLUDING SHOPS AND NIKE SB's POPULARITY...the long term benefit (dope cws that are sought after, with 05 quality materials and padding) outweighs the short term benefits (the very few people that actually like the current shoes and buy them, while the rest of us have to keep having crappy quality, and whack cws that arent sought after). There is little reason to object to this plan, except for the fact that some of you may be uncertain of the outcome and thus reluctant to try. We wont get anything unless we try. I know you see my points ayipapi, I look forward to your response. Thanks, also to ninjahood and sneakermane.
-EC91

Originally Posted by dubchester

bring back the FAT tongue!!!

laugh.gif
................they did. You're joking, right? Has anyone in this thread actually owned any SB's- or are you  guys just into looking at pictures of them and making clueless comments and opinions that make no sense

Nike, please retro those silver and pink box SBs, and in mass amounts too, so I can see some of these dudes cry because their Tiffany's or Supreme's are no longer $500+.
laugh.gif

The only reason you guys want retros is because the new stuff is whack. If you want the old stuff, then seriously get a job, make some money, and go buy them like everyone has been doing since they came out. Only recently have I seen more people advocate for retros and I always assumed that the majority of us didnt want them. Retros are not the solution, I already highlighted the solution in my above statement. I look forward to reading ayipapi's response. BTW thanks got shoes.
-EC91

Back
Top Bottom