What happens to your e-life when you pass away?

Accounts on social networking sites, and etc, do they remove them or whatever? How does it go? Should I give someone my password to spread the word if I croak?

laugh.gif
@ you treating your "e-life" like a will....

Its funny because Ive wondered this before. The people I know who have passed..all their accounts are still there. I know certain websites will purge accountsthat havent been used for a certain period of time. Generally if your on myspace or facebook word gets out that you passed. Forums only if you have people onthem that know you personally.

it saddens me that i've thought about this
laugh.gif

i guess people who have no way of finding out that you've passed will get the hint when you stop logging in.
but those people aren't important anyway.

Well unless you are an E legend know one will notice you are gone but just let ya son (one day) get ya niketalk screen name and you will be ok

The same thing that happens when you logoff.

Nobody cares in the real world when you're off your laptop.
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]I was wondering what'll happen also...like who'd take over my myspace? comments? will theymake it a memorable page?[/color]

man I thought about that too...

it would be pretty eerie to see a dead friend's page...

and everything would look normal, as if nothing ever happened... strange to think about.

lol I thought about this.

I kno a few ppl that are gone but still have a myspace page,etc.

My bro would prob come on here n say Im dead (Not that Im important)

that's a good question. My girlfriend's friend died a year ago and his myspace says his last log in was the day before he got into the accident. Butpeople post comments on his myspace "RIP" etc. it's a powerful/depressing.

i think myspace gives your account to family members. facebook does the same thing too so that you can arrange the funeral with friends.

i think*

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

i think myspace gives your account to family members. facebook does the same thing too so that you can arrange the funeral with friends.

i think*

roll.gif
where did you hear????

Ive thought about this....like damn, who would write on my wall....OR would NT notice I'm gone?

Usually a family member will get all your passwords, and post on the forums you usually visit and say you died. It wouldn't work here, cause everybodywould say "ducktales"

Wouldnt it be crazy in the future if these websites are still around where our great great great grandkids can see their ancestors through online profiles

Back
Top Bottom