What happens when you travel through time?

I just got done with a Back to the Future marathon and certain questions popped into my head. Say time travel was possible using a machine, like in the movie. You get in the machine today (2010) and decide to see what happens to you 10 years from now. My question is, would it even be possible to see yourself in the future since you got in the time machine and disappeared in 2010? In other words, wouldn't it be impossible for Marty McFly to see his future family having left in 1985?

For all those fascinated or find the subject of time travel, light speed and space-time continuum interesting, post your questions here. Hopefully some can answer or give their thoughts on them.

I just got done with a Back to the Future marathon and certain questions popped into my head. Say time travel was possible using a machine, like in the movie. You get in the machine today (2010) and decide to see what happens to you 10 years from now. My question is, would it even be possible to see yourself in the future since you got in the time machine and disappeared in 2010? In other words, wouldn't it be impossible for Marty McFly to see his future family having left in 1985?

For all those fascinated or find the subject of time travel, light speed and space-time continuum interesting, post your questions here. Hopefully some can answer or give their thoughts on them.

it think it would be possible, because your travel would of impacted your future and you'd be seeing your self in x amount of years after doing all that stuff previous to that time, including time travel.

it think it would be possible, because your travel would of impacted your future and you'd be seeing your self in x amount of years after doing all that stuff previous to that time, including time travel.

personal-timeline.png

Seriously, go watch Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole. There's one about time travel and it's very informative if you can grasp the ideas.

Seriously, go watch Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole. There's one about time travel and it's very informative if you can grasp the ideas.

^ that picture is right.

As long as you went back to your time sometime and continued to live your life then you would be able to visit yourself.

Obviously everything you do could affect what actually happens to you though.

^ that picture is right.

As long as you went back to your time sometime and continued to live your life then you would be able to visit yourself.

Obviously everything you do could affect what actually happens to you though.

Back
Top Bottom