What home security system you rocking with.

Cheapest that works reliably would be some Ring cameras.

That's what I've used when I was selling some illegal stuff and the guy pulled the gun on me. I had footage which resulted in both of our arrests

not to laugh at your misfortunes, but this just took me the **** out :rofl:

Def interested in seeing what ppl got. At my house I dont have an actual alarm/security system. I do have multiple cameras that are all Google Nest. One in my Son's room and his playroom, a Nest Hub Max in the kitchen, and A Nest Hello Doorbell and Nest Deadbolt lock.

At the time when I purchased all of these items (2020) Nest had the Secure Alarm System but they discontinued it. The reason I wanted it was because it was linked with Brinks so in the event someone were to break in, they would be alerted automatically and the authorities would be called. Luckily I have lived in some decent areas with low crime but the fact that I just only have a video monitoring system and not one that is directly linked to a first responder does bug me. Im going to look into it deeper now because I think Nest has a partnership with ADT so that may be my next move, but I have been very pleased with my Nest products.

Another option may be a local security company in your area. There was a company that is based locally in my area that had some great deals on some HD security cameras. It was like 4 cameras, keypad lock, and a doorbell camera for real cheap. Installation and all and like a monthly subscription for 24/7 monitoring. So dont feel like you have to just go with the recognizable names like ADT, Brinks, Xfinity and all that. You can definitely find comparable products and cheaper prices from a local spot.

Can't lie, just have some fake cameras and bought a sign that says "secured by ADT" it works tho :lol:

Sometimes that’s all you need! Lol. The old “Smile, you’re on camera” sign on the window still works :lol::pimp:

Last edited:
FJLZ9MJVIAIGgAR

THE MUSKET, NT’s FINEST

I use my Ring cameras for watching people do dumb **** around my neighborhood. The only time I used it for safety is when someone tried to take my garbage bin. I turned on the alarm and then made the "the police are on the way" with a RoboCop voice. He damn near knocked over all of the trash cans in fear before he took off. Good times.:lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help fellas been doing some research and I’m thinking going with a ring getting it from Costco and if there’s any reason why I don’t like it I can always return it.

Had a tweaker try to break in last November while I was asleep, son pried the screen off the window and was trying to wedge the panel up, luckily I had the tabs locked otherwise he would've gotten in.

Afterwards I figured out it was cause:

#1. I had all the lights out - if not the TV you at least need to keep an AM radio blaring 24/7 to create an illusion of activity.

#2. Having a Pet and vaping/smoking are good ways to make your presence known My other neighbors go outside in 30 minutes intervals. For example:
10pm - Walk Dog
1030 - Walk around backyard smoke cig
11pm - Have phone Convo on porch
11:30 - Stand on driveway while vaping.

#3. Even if you have a garage, it's good to sometimes park on the driveway. I ended up buying a beater car for this purpose. Originally I bought it for when my daily car was in the shop, then I realized I need to drive it at least every 2 weeks to keep the mechanicals in good condition. In between then, I'll spin around the block and park on the other side of the driveway or reversed. If your driveway is empty 24/7 or cars are in the same position consecutive days in a row, people assume you are on vacation.

Had a tweaker try to break in last November while I was asleep, son pried the screen off the window and was trying to wedge the panel up, luckily I had the tabs locked otherwise he would've gotten in.

#1. I had all the lights out - if not the TV you at least need to keep an AM radio blaring 24/7 to create an illusion of activity.

#2. Having a Pet and vaping/smoking are good ways to make your presence known My other neighbors go outside in 30 minutes intervals. For example:
10pm - Walk Dog

#3. Even if you have a garage, it's good to sometimes park on the driveway. I ended up buying a beater car for this purpose. Originally I bought it for when my daily car was in the shop, then I realized I need to drive it at least every 2 weeks to keep the mechanicals in good condition. In between then, I'll spin around the block and park on the other side of the driveway or reversed. If your driveway is empty 24/7 or cars are in the same position consecutive days in a row, people assume you are on vacation.
I’m just glad you’re safe. People are very desperate and dangerous nowadays

i remember back in the days, i had a classmate whose home was broken into the middle of the night and the pops shot the intruder

10pm - Walk Dog

That’s a scary situation man, even with the guy unable to actually get in. Even a failed robbery is probably hard to process mentally.
Glad to hear you’re safe.

I regret installing a VIVINT security system. Waste of money should’ve just stayed with Ring. Super laggy servers. Takes literally minutes to get feedback from my cameras. By the time I get an alert they’re long gone. I have fiber optic internet so I know it’s not my WiFi.

Back
Top Bottom