WHAT IF THIS WERE YOU AND YOUR OG's

wow. deteriorated!

i usually laugh at morons who say shrink wrap is the way to do it. my shoes are fresh without them. look at the result. crumbled to the floor

Lets just say that this were the time before we knew what shrinkwrap would do. What benifit does skrinkwrap do for this paticular shoe? Theres no yellowing to worry about. I believe this one was deserved.

maybe when u first start out collecting, it's ok. but once you accumulate enough pairs to get a nice rotation going, then it's time to start wearing a few

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

Lets just say that this were the time before we knew what shrinkwrap would do. What benifit does skrinkwrap do for this paticular shoe? Theres no yellowing to worry about. I believe this one was deserved.

It might have been a display model in a store. It's smart to do that because people always want to put their dirty nasty hands all over stuff. Next time you are in footlocker check out a pair of white shoes that has been sitting out for a few months. The downside is stuff like this can happen lol.

Wow
eek.gif

I have shoes wrapped in seran wrap (not airtight) that I'm thinking of taking out.
But those shoes are over 15yrs old. It was bound to happen
frown.gif

I've said this for YEARS.  Shrink wrapping shoes is no good, put your shoes in some large zip lock bags and DO NOT zip them up.  You just want to protect them from the box, and wrapping paper.  Take them out of the box every now and then and don't store them in a hot environment  and you will not have this problem.

i would cry and then crawl up in a ball in the corner of my room.

jk
laugh.gif

yea, i know it says OG's but my midsoles cracked on my w/c 4s and i teared a bit
embarassed.gif

Shoes are meant to be worn to begin with.

SMH to those who shrink wrap them or what not, but hey its your shoes you do what you want with them. Right?!?

the more and more i think about it; unless you're a reseller, there's no point in keeping shoes DS. i agree with what a lotta ppl said earlier, shoes were made to be worn.

a less extreme example compared to those sample 8's but a friend of mine recently had his parents ship him belongings he had packed in a box back home in chicago that he never got around to bringing with him here to arizona.

one of those items was a DS pair of Penny 2's he bought and kept in the box from like 2000. all the white parts of the shoe turned yellow from oxidation

I laugh whenever I see people saran wrap or ziplock their shoes, whether it be in person, online, eBay, etc.  The most simple and effective way to store your shoes is just keep them in the original shoe box, the way they are, preferably out of any light source.  How hard is it to keep your shoes in their shoebox and in your closet or under your bed?

This is usually a case of nobody EVER believing you when you warn them against this saran wrap crap.. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom