What is NT's view on the new corvette? (PICS)

I like it. Id buy it if I had the money def. Ive never had a problem with Corvette designs. Ive always like them

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

It's a concept. It'll never come into production looking like that.

American autos need to stop with this retro/tribute deal and come out with NEW designs.
Do you have the same sentiments about Jordans? I don't have a problem with future thinking when it comes to automotive design, but a lot ofcars got progressively worse before they went back to what's tried and true.

Ford Mustang
Generation 1: Classic styling
Generation 2: Ugly
Generation 3: Uglier (save for some of the later 5.0s)
Generation 4: I liked the 95 - 98, then they got ugly again with the edges from 99-04
Generation 5: Went retro and really got it right, but this new model they got out just doesn't have the right styling....

Chevrolet Corvette
C1: Classic
C2: Classic
C3: Classic
C4: Horrible (except for the zr1/grand sport)
C5: better...
C6: perfection
C7: eh

Chevrolet Camaro
Generation 1: Classic
Generation 2: only 1970, everything after started slipping
Generation 3: pretty nasty, late model IROC was alright
Generation 4: 93-97 had nasty headlights, 98-02 didn't really get it right either...
Generation 5: did a pretty good job bringing it back

All of the Dodge models...great styling on the Challenger, that's about all (Charger is ugly).

Retro seems to work.

Same could be said for Jordans I guess....1-12 worked ok, 13-23 are pretty nasty, and they keep retroing and re-releasing the 1-12 because they sell.

Originality in just about all of American styling is dead.

How does it not look American? It's a modern version of the previous Stingray... They can't just retro a car like a pair of sneakers. They ahve totweak it to make it look contemporary. I think this looks much, much better than all of the previous Corvette ideas. Especially since the ones for the alst 10years have been virtually identical.

Anyone else think it looks like a car from Speed Racer? Not the new crappy acid trip one but the old cartoon one.

I think it's pretty nice, I really like that the Corvette is returning to the split-window, but hopefully in the production version we will see thecircular taillights. I'm kinda worried that it may be slightly far ahead of its time. Can't wait to see the final version, if GM decides to go withthis design.

imo
sexy.....

pimp.gif

Nice...but a Vette has to have a variant of the classic tail lights IMO. I always say when I hit my midlife crisis I am going to buy a Vette.

Originally Posted by eaalto

American autos need to stop with this retro/tribute deal and come out with NEW designs.
Do you have the same sentiments about Jordans? I don't have a problem with future thinking when it comes to automotive design, but a lot of cars got progressively worse before they went back to what's tried and true.
Chevrolet HHR - FAIL
Chevrolet SSR - FAIL
Ford Thunderbird - FAIL
Chrysler PT Cruiser - FAIL

And please, save the sneakers analogies for someone else.

vette will always = mid-life crisis car to me. this vette is beat up, they better not push this to prod. bring back the OG look, word to the stingray.

mistah majestic wrote:
looks like a silver verson of the batmobile when Michael Keaton was the bat. I like it.
I got that same idea too. I like but backside needs work.

mistah majestic wrote:
looks like a silver verson of the batmobile when Michael Keaton was the bat. I like it.
I got that same idea too. I like but backside needs work.

Originally Posted by eaalto

Do you have the same sentiments about Jordans? I don't have a problem with future thinking when it comes to automotive design, but a lot of cars got progressively worse before they went back to what's tried and true.
Chevrolet HHR - FAIL
Chevrolet SSR - FAIL
Ford Thunderbird - FAIL
Chrysler PT Cruiser - FAIL

And please, save the sneakers analogies for someone else.

most of those cars failed cuz they were under powered...looks can ONLY get you so far.

Originally Posted by iBlink

Originally Posted by domdiddydoo

i personally think its an insult to corvettes.

...explain yourself.

nao.

So they tried to turn one of America's last great cars into a transformer ...
grin.gif
great !! ... last 5 years models > than 2 of those

Back
Top Bottom