what is the best checking account available?

I have a sovereign bank account and I also opened up an ING direct account for checking and an ING orange savings account cuz their interest rates are pretty good compared to banks interest rates. Check it out www.ingdirect.com

Yes, Credit Unions will give you the best rates on loans and there are so many CUs these days it is easy to find one you can join. 

Avoid the large banks all together. The rules change so often with them that it's not worth whatever small advantages they may offer.

Personally, I would go with a credit union for day-to-day transactions since most services are free. ING also offers some great perks for checking accounts as well. It's interest baring (.25% though), offers a debit card with access to atm's throughout the country, and remote check deposit through your phone. There is also bill pay with a physical check sent to the company directly and it's taken out of your account immediately so you don't have to worry about when they will cash it.

I use USAA and Navy Federal Credit Union. (I was in the Marine Corps)  Anyways, if you can join either... DO IT. 

I have BOA but never keep money in there anyway..only time i do is when i buy something online or at the end/beginning of the month for the fees

Idk about other large banks but with BofA and Chase if you have direct deposit from your employers your checking account won't get charged a monthly fee.

I have BOA...And They're great

I opened up a second checking with TCF because they had a promotional deal (Make 20 debit transactions and get $150)....They're HORRIBLE!...I closed that %!+$ quickly

Work at BofA, I dont even bank there.
laugh.gif

only cause coworkers have been known to snoop. Any questions regarding bofa you can pm me or quote and ask

i am not looking for "competitive" interest rates but more "perks"

Ive heard a lot of great things about credit unions but you have to be grandfathered in

right now, wachovia does not provide anything!

I also have ING

I just want a beneficial main account with perks. I am leaning torwards BOA since they have more perks

I've had BoA for years and love them.  I also have US Bank and let's just say I don't use that account.  I will be shutting it down soon.

I been thinking about getting another checking account like op..

I'm going to re read all of these posts and gather up the information..

Originally Posted by Rightguard

i am not looking for "competitive" interest rates but more "perks"

Ive heard a lot of great things about credit unions but you have to be grandfathered in

right now, wachovia does not provide anything!

I also have ING

I just want a beneficial main account with perks. I am leaning torwards BOA since they have more perks
If its just perks and not rates BofA offers the most services.
Also if you do a lot of side jobs you can open a business account. No monthly fees, no daily balance required. So long as your name is on the business title (ex: Joe Blow Handyman Services) and you're the sole proprietor.

Back
Top Bottom