What is the meaning of "HEAT"?????

Well im bored and i thought i should bring up an interesting topic. What is exactly is the definition of "HEAT" in shoe head terms. Reason why i askis because i have noticed how the word is thrown around loosely and many people think that retro aqua 8s, laser 15s, sport red 1s, mist blue 4s, and etc....areactually kix which are high on many others list of acquiring or think that by looking at flight club prices they are. then again i do know that each and everyone of us look at pairs differently. for instance I for one has a very small but impressive jordan collection. I dont have doubles and i focus only on originalcolors. Please NT share your thoughts and sorry for the meaningless post, just wanted to read some opinions.

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

Well im bored and i thought i should bring up an interesting topic. What is exactly is the definition of "HEAT" in shoe head terms. Reason why i ask is because i have noticed how the word is thrown around loosely and many people think that retro aqua 8s, laser 15s, sport red 1s, mist blue 4s, and etc....are actually kix which are high on many others list of acquiring or think that by looking at flight club prices they are. then again i do know that each and every one of us look at pairs differently. for instance I for one has a very small but impressive jordan collection. I dont have doubles and i focus only on original colors. Please NT share your thoughts and sorry for the meaningless post, just wanted to read some opinions.

I see where you're coming from. "HEAT" gets thrown around a bit much, but is anyone really referring to Laser XV's as "HEAT"? I gota pair for $50 that I planned on using for work, but instead just sold them a week later for $85. Those were horrible kicks.

i think its really more about what you think is hot, i mean obviously not everyone will have the same opinion, i know damn near every one thinks TB III'sare heat, but im not really feelin them, so just a matter of opinion if you ask me

Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

There is no definition. I think 18s are heat, while most other people will think its trash.
sick.gif
, Definitely, lol J/k, Everybody has their own"Heat", I think I dont own any "Heat" But I would like to. OG Infareds, one day......

It's just the opinion of what someone thinks is a great shoe. Some people assume something is heat because a large number of people already do.

Yeah its just when people like or think that the shoes that are releasing are great they descirve them as HEAT

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

There is no 1 meaning of HEAT..Everybody has different opinions of what HEAT is to them.

^ I agree, depends sometimes on the value of the kicks now and days, and how limited they are.

HEAT is NOT Jordan 1 PHAT Lows or CDPs
HEAT is pretty much anything made before 2002 (some exceptions)

i consider og's and some retros from 1-13 heat and a select few above that

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

There is no 1 meaning of HEAT..Everybody has different opinions of what HEAT is to them.
Exactly, the word "Heat" is ambiguous

Some believe OG's from the mid 80's and early 90's is Heat, while others my consider Heat to be contemporary or limited releases like the Yezzy's, Spiz'Ikes, 6 rings, recent Retros, etc.

2002 black red 7s, cdp carmines, flint 13s, playoff 12s, these are just some of the shoes which are called heat, but honestly neither pair appeals to me or hasme breaking my neck. To me heat are pairs which arent easy to obtain or originals which havent seen the light of day since release day. For instance I haveplayoff 13s, royal low 14s, sport blue 6s, infrared 6s, 94 retro 2s and charcoal 9s. these pairs to me are considered heat based on the fact that they arerare, and 4 out of the 6 pairs are originals which arent really seen today.

HEAT is a pair of kicks that you are stunning and nobody else around you really has and everybody just pulls you over and stops you about a 100 times to askwhere you got those or they just let you know that they are tight!!!!!! i know it happens to me all the time!!!
laugh.gif
roll.gif

for the most part, it's just a matter of personal preference...
but at the same time, i think there are some shoes that everyone agrees are heat;
such as: spacejams, concords, grape v's, wht/blk infa vi's, wht/blk cement iii's...ect,ecth
basically everyone accepts these shoes as "Heat" without question

heat are shoes you other people stop as say "whoa why you got those on they should be on display" but to me heat is not important cuz i just buy whati like.

valuable and rare shoes are heat i.e. lasers IVs are heat, the 2001-2002 yr was full of heat.

I regard infrareds, concords, space jams, white/cement IV's, etc. as heat. Pretty much all the stuff from 2001 and before.

^^To me, heat must be older and a little rare. OG Aquas would be heat. All of my shoes are from 2006 and on, so I don't have heat.

Back
Top Bottom