What is your favorite single item on the Thanksgiving table?

my mom's potatoes, diced potatoes mixed with cheese and sour cream, topped with crushed cornflakes baked in the oven=
pimp.gif

Dressing with the cranberry sauce is very necessary. Me, the wife, and the kids have about 4 or 5 homes to hit up 2morrow starting at 12PM.

I made it to mom's and I hate having to look at the food sittin' in the fridge and knowin' I can't eat it until tomorrow!!!

Stuffing.

It's the one thing I don't eat any other time of the year, thus increasing my desire for it.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Stuffing.

It's the one thing I don't eat any other time of the year, thus increasing my desire for it.
I was talking to a friend of mine who is Chinese about Thanksgiving. He found it interesting that we only eat foods like stuffing and pumpkin pieat Thanksgiving.

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

My mom and I have talked on the phone about 10 times in the last week to fine tune the Thanksgiving feast. She and my wife have exchanged an unknown number of e-mails, but I would guess they have been in contact at least as many times as FDR spoke to Churchill in the days leading up to Normandy.

Every year, there is a dazzling array of food at mom's house. There are multiple snack foods available before the meal such as cheese cubes, venison sausage, crab stuffed mushrooms, spinach and artichoke dip and chips, and various other guest stars. The main meal is always turkey and ham accompanied by a wide range of sides, from traditional items like sweet potatoes and stuffing to this year's offering of potato-goat cheese gratin.

My favorite dish occurs at the end of the meal. My mom makes this unbelievable pumpkin pie. It is not the traditional dense, savory pie. Instead, it is a cold pie that is more along the lines of a pumpkin mousse. The filling has a whipped consistency, is sweet with some great spice notes, and is about two inches thick. It is topped by a layer of whipped cream that is also about two inches thick. She makes her own crusts as well, and they are always perfect. Taken all together, this dessert is by far my favorite dish of the day.

Do you have a dish that you look forward to each Thanksgiving?

eek.gif

My Grandma, God Bless her, if she ever passes, I'm coming to your place.

My mom is a horrible cook.

Seriously, I'm all about stuffing, with loads of gravy on it. It's tough to pick just one item.

Peace and Happy Thanksgiving.

Back
Top Bottom