What is your opinion on this PayPal dispute filed against me?

Reaction score
I sold an iPhone 2g with a completely cracked screen for $150. In my listing I stated that the phone was fully functional (touch screen worked perfectly aswell as all applications) and that it would be sold as-is with no refunds.

The buyer who purchased it repairs and then flips used iPhones for double the asking price (profits of around$150-200 each sale).

Upon receiving the phone the buyer sent a dispute to PayPal saying once he started to repair the screen and tested the phone the top touch row didn't work.I said no refund would be given since it WAS working and the damage was 100% his fault during his repair. I escalated it to a PayPal claim and mentionedeverything to them and that now if he gets a refund I won't be able to sell the phone for nearly as much.

Think I'll win?

You had good explanations. As is, no refunds. But it will be hard to prove that touchscreen was working fully when he first got it.

If he actually claimed that "once he started to repair the screen" the top row stopped working, u should be straight. That implies that it wasworking fine before he started to repair.

Good luck.

That makes me feel a lot better, and in the original dispute (before the claim) he said he started working on the phone and THEN decided to test it out. Sothat's why I didn't wanna play any games and immediately filed a claim

Back
Top Bottom