What laces are recommended for a Oly 6 lace swap?

I want to get circular laces before I unDS mine (which is still ways away). Can someone help me out with a few questions. What should I get for:

thickness of the laces?
length of laces? (I have a size 10.5 Oly 6, the true size is probably 11. it may be 11.5, feels a bit loose)
any recommended brand?

Picked these up from FNL Wednesday.

2n7pcw6.png

Only $2.50.

The manager recommended this size because these are for shoes with 7-8 eyelets.

I'm pretty sure this brand is sold at other sneaker stores.

54' for size wise buy may i suggest a red lace for color contrast...but us the normal lace

I got the same laces a Future posted above, but the 54" since i'm a size 13. they fit fine and look as close to the 2000s as i think it's going to get.

I picked mine up from walmart (oval).  They have round also. 2 sets in a pack for $2.00.  54"

Last edited:
Shoelaceexpress has really cheap quality laces. And they rape you on shipping.

Its hard to explain, but the cotton is like really low quality, and theyre woven weird. I know they're only laces, but its enough to make you notice. I'll never buy from them again.

54" is the way to go and thos sofsole laces are pretty decent.

NTers are about the dumbest stuff. Enjoy your 2012 Olympics don't make them into something that they aren't. Oval laces look horrible on the 6s I'm glad Tru used flat this time around.

NTers are about the dumbest stuff. Enjoy your 2012 Olympics don't make them into something that they aren't. Oval laces look horrible on the 6s I'm glad Tru used flat this time around.

i agree. the only exception for oval laces are for the 2000 release olympic 6s. the flat laces compliment the 2012 retros better imo.. i know they are the same shoe (in a sense) but the laces that both shoes came with initially suit the shoes they came with.

i mite pick up a cheap pair of oval laces from like walmart or payless to see how they look... for now ima jus rock wit the flats

Man just rock'em and enjoy em . These look great without oval laces and IMO the oval laces add very little too the shoe and doesn't make them standout that much .

Btw, I just laced up my 6s, with the oval ones at FNL, and they fit perfectly.

I tuck them under the lace cover anyways.

45" is good.

Yah I saw the pic of the 54s and thought they were too long so I got the 45s.
I still need to find a size trade before I can rock mine. IDC that it adds very little to the shoe. I just prefere oval laces on the VIs since it has a bunch of oval holes all over the shoe

Back
Top Bottom