What one thing do you wish to see happen in your lifetime?

Originally Posted by kyrac2

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

get my 40 acres and a mule

i kid i kid

but free college (from undergrad on up) and free health care
you make me sick! free college i can get with. health care...free?
laugh.gif
i'm more for health care being privatized
indifferent.gif
and i'm so serious on this

i'd like to see all native American related mascots gone. well the ones that make us look bad. we got enough problems already
meh!
tired.gif

go build a matchstick house ya bum!
smile.gif

Non-sports:
- solar energy being used more; the sun isn't going anywhere anytime in the near future, so I'd like to see us be able to harness that energy far morethan we are right now

That's really the only feasible thing I can think of. I'd like to see things like 'religious tolerance' and 'an end to racism' and'no more poverty', but it's just not reasonable to think those things are going to exist to a prefect degree. Religions can be MORE tolerant ofeach other, but we'll never have perfect religious tolerance. There can be a significant decline in racism, but as a planet, we'll never get to a pointwhere every race lives in perfect harmony with every race other than their own. We can get rid of the amount of poverty that exists in the world, but we'llnever get to a point where there is zero poverty.

But we can increase our use of the sun as a power supply, and I'd like to see that.

Sports:
- Someone averaging a triple-double AND winning the championship that year.
- Someone (any sport) winning Rookie of the Year, regular season MVP, and the MVP for the championship (NBA/WNBA Finals, World Series, Super Bowl, Stanley Cup,whatever).
- a quintuple-double (at least 10 of EVERY major category; points, assists, rebounds, blocks, steals)
- Triple Crown in MLB
- perfect season in NFL

Proof of Aliens/photographic proof of other galaxys. There's no way were the only planet with life form.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Sports:
- Someone averaging a triple-double AND winning the championship that year.
- Someone (any sport) winning Rookie of the Year, regular season MVP, and the MVP for the championship (NBA/WNBA Finals, World Series, Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, whatever).
- a quintuple-double (at least 10 of EVERY major category; points, assists, rebounds, blocks, steals)
- Triple Crown in MLB
- perfect season in NFL
-Perfect season CAN happen

-With players always taking breaks and getting hurt, IDK if we will ever see anyone bat .400

-LeBron will one day get a quintuple-double. I'm not even a LeBron fan.

- No one will ever win ROY, Season MVP, and Championship MVP in the same year. Just not going to happen. The rookie has to drafted into a good team already,and then take the main scorers spotlight. Person who had a solid shot at that that comes to recent memory was Tim Duncan.

-LeBron again can average the triple-double and win the 'chip. Grant Hill had a few shots at this during his better years.

Things I would like to see in my lifetime
- Cure for HIV/AID's
- Cure for Cancer
- Cure for children's/infants diseases
- No more hunger or poverty
- Universal acceptance of each other/no racism

My guess is if we discovered an alien race, they will most likely be hostile.
Why do people assume this? I think they would most likely be curious and would just want us to learn from each other.

Originally Posted by NYelectric

Why do people assume this? I think they would most likely be curious and would just want us to learn from each other.

I'm sorry I'm terrified of alien.....One of my fav movies is "Close encounters of the third kind".....that's one way itcould play out. Kinda like an exchange program. Another scenerio would be they want to enslave us and milk our planet for resources word to "Gears ofWar". My guess is if they're are equally intelligent as we are, they would be friendly/curious. If they possess superior abilities and thoughtprocesses, they would conquer us.

nycknicks105:
- No one will ever win ROY, Season MVP, and Championship MVP in the same year. Just not going to happen. The rookie has to drafted into a good team already, and then take the main scorers spotlight. Person who had a solid shot at that that comes to recent memory was Tim Duncan.
Candace Parker. This past season, she won ROTY and regular season MVP. If the Sparks would have made the Finals, you'd have to be an idiot tothink that she would NOT have had a very, VERY legit shot at being the Finals MVP, winning the WNBA Finals.
nycknicks105:
- Cure for HIV/AID's
- Cure for Cancer
Good calls.

I think it really depends on who discovered who. If aliens have the technology to travel many millions and millions of miles and find us, they would probablylook at us like we were a very primitive form of life. And they would probably have nothing to learn from us as for as technology. (Heck, look at what theEuropeans did to the Native Americans). And the thing is we would probably would look NOTHING alike. Not like the Aliens you see on TV.

And what if they was 30 feet tall? They would look at us as nothing more than little ants. They still might be curious though, who knows.

The war on microbes is an evolutionary arms race....a cure for aids doesn't guarantee a new superbug won't evolve in the future.

Cure for cancer would be great.....smh @ cancer
smh.gif

an answer to "how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?"

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

I think it really depends on who discovered who. If aliens have the technology to travel many millions and millions of miles and find us, they would probably look at us like we were a very primitive form of life. And they would probably have nothing to learn from us as for as technology. (Heck, look at what the Europeans did to the Native Americans). And the thing is we would probably would look NOTHING alike. Not like the Aliens you see on TV.

And what if they was 30 feet tall? They would look at us as nothing more than little ants. They still might be curious though, who knows.
I don't necessarily mean curious in terms of technology, but more philosophically. If aliens exist maybe they ask the same questions aboutlife that we ask. Maybe they have religions. What is their art like?

living aliens
free college (or at least erasing my student loans because of this jacked up economy)
Detox (Dr. Dre cd for you all who are out of touch with rap music)

the knicks winning the championship
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I have been very pissed off this past decade with this team

Obviously for me:

getting married and having my own kids

just technology keep getting better

and cure for cancer and aids, and other diseases like parkinson's, alzheimer's, etc...

This is my third post but whatever.

For me personally:
- Eagles winning the Super Bowl
- pro athletes getting paid like normal people (cuz aint no way someone should get paid more in one game than I do in multiple years combined)
- everlasting cars (ie. no maintenance other than washing ever needing to be done)
- gasoline less than $1.00 a gallon

I want to see mysel make good on my word to fix the entire world.

Back
Top Bottom