What rules in the NFL (No Fun League) would you change?

Im not talking about stuff like changing the value of FGs to be worth 4 points if they are from more than 50 yards.

What would you like to see in the NFL thats currently frowned upon to the point where dudes are getting fined? Id appreciate if we got to see a litte morecelebration without getting dinged 25 G's. Of course i realize things are set in place to keep people in line but things are a bit tight

ochocinco should be able to do his thing.

-Overtime should have the college football rules.
-Move to an 17-game schedule with only 3 preseason games

I don't see why overtime should change its rules when there is zero evidence that the team who gets the ball first wins. It would only change if one seasoncomes along where every team that wins start winning.
laugh.gif
I would agree with a first to 6 points wins so you can't win with just one FG, but the NFL wantsto avoid longer games.

-Move to an 17-game schedule with only 3 preseason games

I say just stick to 16 weeks and one less pre-season game. 17 game schedule would start altering records/stats.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Let the QB throw it away to avoid the sack
smile.gif

And stop being so over protective of QBs.
Hell no! If it were like that, sacks would only come from the blindside. No sacks from any other direction cuz the QB can just toss it in anydirection when he's going down. That's what intentional grounding is for.

But yes to the "keep the QB safe" rules. They're football players too.

Overtime potential ideas......

-7:30 overtime (half a quarter). Not first score wins.

-No field goals in OT

-absolutely do NOT change to college rules. One of the first two ideas. That would be my rule change.

Id be ok with needing 6 points to win in overtime...... other than that, leave it as is.

If i was a commish I would change the Qbs to two hand touch, You have to allow the reciever 5 seconds to catch the ball before toughing them, you may not enjoythe game onn the field, and if you swipe a Qbs helmet its a 15yd penalty ejection and 15K fine. Thats if i was on the NFL board

Both teams should get possessions like in college, but I think there should be a kick off before both.

Honestly... celebrations. I look at it like this.

1. Players can celebrate after:
a) a touchdown
b) a gain of 20 or more yards
c) a forced turnover (interception, fumble, 4th down stance)
d) "game changing" play (sack, stop for loss, 4th down conversion)

I'm sick and tired of seeing cornerbacks and safeties with all this arm waving b/s, when 90% of the time the cornerback has nothing to do with theincompletion, the receiver either drops the ball, is under/overthrown, or the pass is just plain terrible. People complained in the 80s-90s about U of Miamicelebrating too much, but I'd put up with that before I have to see another nickel back acting like he's waving in an airplane just because JamarcusRussell can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Originally Posted by doyung9

a) a touchdown

I'm sick and tired of seeing cornerbacks and safeties with all this arm waving b/s, when 90% of the time the cornerback has nothing to do with the incompletion, the receiver either drops the ball, is under/overthrown, or the pass is just plain terrible. People complained in the 80s-90s about U of Miami celebrating too much, but I'd put up with that before I have to see another nickel back acting like he's waving in an airplane just because Jamarcus Russell can't hit the broad side of a barn.

So if a RB has a 19 yd run and he starts to celebreate he gets a flag??
laugh.gif

If you want to change the celebreation rules, it has to be SIMPLE...... Only after a TD, no props.

overtime needs to be changed. no sudden death.

less protection of QBs (yes, tom brady included since hes the only QB that's protected) and "defenseless" WRs. sarcasm with the tom bradycomment, bozo.

indy phantom PI needs to go

Originally Posted by Durden7

a) a touchdown

I'm sick and tired of seeing cornerbacks and safeties with all this arm waving b/s, when 90% of the time the cornerback has nothing to do with the incompletion, the receiver either drops the ball, is under/overthrown, or the pass is just plain terrible. People complained in the 80s-90s about U of Miami celebrating too much, but I'd put up with that before I have to see another nickel back acting like he's waving in an airplane just because Jamarcus Russell can't hit the broad side of a barn.

laugh.gif

If you want to change the celebreation rules, it has to be SIMPLE...... Only after a TD, no props.
what?

Nay to the two hand touch on QBs, at least make it a little tougher....flag football for them.

And OT should be first to 4 or 5. That way is team is guaranteed to score twice before the game over.

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

Originally Posted by Durden7

a) a touchdown

laugh.gif

what?

You cant tell what the word is because I had a typo with an extra "E" in it?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Nay to the two hand touch on QBs, at least make it a little tougher....flag football for them.

And OT should be first to 4 or 5. That way is team is guaranteed to score twice before the game over.
Huh?

Back
Top Bottom