What SUV Should I buy?

6.2L Vortec V8 Chevrolet Silverado Engine Specs

The 6.2L Vortec V8 Chevrolet Silverado Engine is the most powerful normally aspirated engine available in Chevrolet Silverado, the code for this 6.2L Vortec V8 Chevrolet Silverado Engine is L94 , this engine is special because of below detailed features

Variable valve timing:  cam phasing allows a flatter torque curve, higher peak horse power, and an extremely smooth idle.
Active fuel management:  during light load conditions, the L94 can operate as a V-4 engine in order to save fuel.
Enhanced Noise, Vibration, and Harshness measures to ensure smooth, Cadillac – quality operation
The 6.2.L is the most powerful of GM’s Gen IV Vortec V-8s; indeed, it is the most powerful small-block truck engine ever, with the most torque.
Flexfuel:  The L94 can operate on E85 (85% renewable ethanol fuel)
specific reason your sticking to an american truck?

If da 3 know anything best its trucks.

OP, make sure whichever one you get includes da vortec 6.2 l engine.

400+horses :smokin
Not even worth it.

That engine power is a waste at the pump. 

If you want a race car, get one. 

Aye mr. Naive, read da specs...you sound like a idiot lol.

The 6.2L Vortec V8 Chevrolet Silverado Engine is the most powerful normally aspirated engine available in Chevrolet Silverado, the code for this 6.2L Vortec V8 Chevrolet Silverado Engine is L94 , this engine is special because of below detailed features
Variable valve timing:  cam phasing allows a flatter torque curve, higher peak horse power, and an extremely smooth idle.
Active fuel management:  during light load conditions, the L94 can operate as a V-4 engine in order to save fuel.
Enhanced Noise, Vibration, and Harshness measures to ensure smooth, Cadillac – quality operation
The 6.2.L is the most powerful of GM’s Gen IV Vortec V-8s; indeed, it is the most powerful small-block truck engine ever, with the most torque.
I agree with you on buying American in this category but it sounds like you just got that straight from a brochure my dude. You know your cars, you can frame this argument way better than that

400+horses
smokin.gif
Not even worth it.

I didn't say that it wasn't powerful. I said that it wasn't efficient or worth the price. If you need a boost, go for something mid engine. This guy is already buying a 5-6 year old car. I don't think whats under the hood is THAT important. On top of that, if he needs to be hauling something other than groceries or family members, I'm sure he'd consider it. Extra torque and HP is relevant to people who tow things for a living and even then, it has to be rather large loads. 

My folks have a tahoe too. I know all of this. But they don't need the tricked out engine to get from point A to point B. Theirs also does the thing where it operates as a V4. Theirs also uses Flex Fuel. Thats not unique to the high end model. 

You can do better than just reeling off specs. 

Last edited:
Last edited:

400+horses :smokin
Not even worth it.

stick to religious topics my friend...

:lol:

:lol: bottomline if you're getting any of those options, make sure its got

Da 6.2L

Its da best engine in its class, most powerful & efficient.

My vote is for the Escalade. I drive an Expedition myself but you can't go wrong with any of those choices. The Escalade is the #1 most stolen SUV though. Also, one of the most stolen vehicles in the country.

chevy suburban

2 cousins have them and love them (with kids also)

my sister and husband are looking to trade in their escape and either get a 2012 explorer or suburban

Back
Top Bottom