What to do in Chicago.. vol Lollapalooza

What up NT. I know there's a regional forum, but I wanted to get some input from both Chicago-ans and folks who have visited Chicago. What do you guys recommend for food / bars / lounges / shops / etc? Not really big into the club scene, but more of a lounge / underground scene. Any feedback is much appreciated. 

Lounge - 1.) The Lounge at the Signature and 2.) Gilt Bar is my favorite lounge out there. make sure u check out their basement bar too.
Food - Kuma's Corner. game over.

I'll be there as well from Houston and am staying in a hotel (Congress Plaza Hotel) at Grant Park. Never been to Chicago and just wanted to hear some spots near by as far as nightlife and must see's.

thanks

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

go to Excalibur, get some gear from leaders, eat deep dish, pick up some bussa's.

lou malnati's
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by pianoman52

Lounge - 1.) The Lounge at the Signature and 2.) Gilt Bar is my favorite lounge out there. make sure u check out their basement bar too.

You talking about the lounge at the signature room? That's a little upscale for what he's looking for I think... Op, if you like the underground lounge scene, the wicker park area will probably suit you. Spots like crocodile, violet hour, empire liquors, evil olive (pron and chicken night on Mondays), nicks beer garden, debonair social club, etc and there's a lotta late night spots to eat over there too (piece, big star, etc) ... Lincoln park is also pretty decent, tonic room's ok on certain nights with certain DJ's and downtown you may be interested in superfun parties at jbar (if that's still going on), gilt bar's cool, hub51, bull and bear, public house... ummm.... As far as post Lolla parties, there's a club called underground downtown that'll be most definitely be crowded but it's a CLUB you know... Being that its summer, theres several rooftop spots that are cool too (generally nicer than the underground spots), namely roof (over the wit hotel), vertigo lounge (over the Dana hotel), citizen, sushi samba rio, etc. As far as shops go, there's of course the mag mile, good shops on north ave and Lincoln then there's niche spots like Leaders (good people over there), st. Alfred, habberdash, RSVP Gallery, and stuff like that... For good pizza, check out gino's east, giordano's, pequads, or pizzeria UNO(or due)... If anything comes to mind I'll add on and in searching for any of the spots I named, you'll come across several related spots that'll probably fit your criteria too... Have a good time man and be safe.Oh and honestly, harolds is overrated.

Go to the Art institute. I don't even care if you're into art or not, just go. It's one of the best art museums in the world.

EAT. Harolds (not the one downtown), Giordano's deep dish, Lou Malnatti's pasta, Garrett's popcorn...dont leave unless you takin a couple pounds with you lol

Originally Posted by 23soles

You talking about the lounge at the signature room? That's a little upscale for what he's looking for I think... Op, if you like the underground lounge scene, the wicker park area will probably suit you. Spots like crocodile, violet hour, empire liquors, evil olive (pron and chicken night on Mondays), nicks beer garden, debonair social club, etc and there's a lotta late night spots to eat over there too (piece, big star, etc) ... Lincoln park is also pretty decent, tonic room's ok on certain nights with certain DJ's and downtown you may be interested in superfun parties at jbar (if that's still going on), gilt bar's cool, hub51, bull and bear, public house... ummm.... As far as post Lolla parties, there's a club called underground downtown that'll be most definitely be crowded but it's a CLUB you know... Being that its summer, theres several rooftop spots that are cool too (generally nicer than the underground spots), namely roof (over the wit hotel), vertigo lounge (over the Dana hotel), citizen, sushi samba rio, etc. As far as shops go, there's of course the mag mile, good shops on north ave and Lincoln then there's niche spots like Leaders (good people over there), st. Alfred, habberdash, RSVP Gallery, and stuff like that... For good pizza, check out gino's east, giordano's, pequads, or pizzeria UNO(or due)... If anything comes to mind I'll add on and in searching for any of the spots I named, you'll come across several related spots that'll probably fit your criteria too... Have a good time man and be safe. Oh and honestly, harolds is overrated.

ummm...
nerd.gif

I'm from California and I approve of this message. Best burgers I've ever had!!!!!!!!!!

Punk Rock & Chinese Martial Arts Movies playing in the background
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

Originally Posted by 23soles

You talking about the lounge at the signature room? That's a little upscale for what he's looking for I think... Op, if you like the underground lounge scene, the wicker park area will probably suit you. Spots like crocodile, violet hour, empire liquors, evil olive (pron and chicken night on Mondays), nicks beer garden, debonair social club, etc and there's a lotta late night spots to eat over there too (piece, big star, etc) ... Lincoln park is also pretty decent, tonic room's ok on certain nights with certain DJ's and downtown you may be interested in superfun parties at jbar (if that's still going on), gilt bar's cool, hub51, bull and bear, public house... ummm.... As far as post Lolla parties, there's a club called underground downtown that'll be most definitely be crowded but it's a CLUB you know... Being that its summer, theres several rooftop spots that are cool too (generally nicer than the underground spots), namely roof (over the wit hotel), vertigo lounge (over the Dana hotel), citizen, sushi samba rio, etc. As far as shops go, there's of course the mag mile, good shops on north ave and Lincoln then there's niche spots like Leaders (good people over there), st. Alfred, habberdash, RSVP Gallery, and stuff like that... For good pizza, check out gino's east, giordano's, pequads, or pizzeria UNO(or due)... If anything comes to mind I'll add on and in searching for any of the spots I named, you'll come across several related spots that'll probably fit your criteria too... Have a good time man and be safe. Oh and honestly, harolds is overrated.

ummm...
nerd.gif
Yeah, every monday they play flicks on all the tv's and serve free chicken wings... Crocodile plays flicks too randomly and you get a free personal pizza with every drink.
It's not like a fapfest or nothing, it's just on in the background you know?

That Viccino's looks GOOD, I've never even heard of it. I need to try that out

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

You going to Lollapalooza?

yup.. 
so today was my first day in the Chi..

Goose Island beer was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ate at Peaquods and had the deep dish pizza.

Had a chicago dog at wiener circuit and it was straight up 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

where do I go for a proper Chicago dog?

Back
Top Bottom