What to order from Starbucks? vol. first time

get a marble mocha macchiato since you like sweet and chocolate it has both.
-its whtie mocha on the bottom for the sweetness shots on top, topped off with mocha drizzle

other sweet things you can try a cinnamon dolce white mocha which is super sweet
-pretty much any other flavor with white mocha its probably the sweetest syrup

if you want coffee dont get a vanilla bean, double chocolate chip, or strawberries and cream they have 0 coffee in each. all the other ones mainly have coffee

i personally get an iced coffee with 2p white mocha and 1 classic to sweeten it up even more

-starbucks barista for 2 years now anyy questions ask away..

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

oh yea absolutely no ice or milk

I dont even know how people put ice in a coffee, defeats the purpose
whatttttt i can't drink hot things, yuck.

i have spent wayyyy too much money at starbucks
smh.gif
i mostly just get double espressos or coffees, maybe a vanilla latte (lattes are a shot of espresso with hotmilk)

no milk though? lol then pretty much nothing from starbucks... everything there is made with milk for the mostpart... and most of their drinks are all sugaryand not really coffee like

Half those drinks listed are cold drinks.

Latte is hot milk, two espresso shots (coffee) and your choice of flavor.

Mocha is the same, but with chocolate syrup instead.

Anytime "Frappuccino" is in the name of your drink (at Starbucks), it means iced beverage.

While "Cappuccino" usually means hot, and that white foam thingy is exactly that, foam. Yes, you can get whip cream on top of drinks.

When ordering a drink, you'll have your choice of milk: 2%, non-fat or soy usually. If you don't say a milk type, I think the standard is non-fat?

So, for example you could order: a 2% Vanilla Latte.

Originally Posted by Step Your Game Up

Half those drinks listed are cold drinks.

Latte is hot milk, two espresso shots (coffee) and your choice of flavor.

Mocha is the same, but with chocolate syrup instead.

Anytime "Frappuccino" is in the name of your drink (at Starbucks), it means iced beverage.

While "Cappuccino" usually means hot, and that white foam thingy is exactly that, foam. Yes, you can get whip cream on top of drinks.

When ordering a drink, you'll have your choice of milk: 2%, non-fat or soy usually. If you don't say a milk type, I think the standard is non-fat?

So, for example you could order: a 2% Vanilla Latte.

standard is 2% unless stated otherwise.

just like said a latte is hot milk with espresso shots and a scoop of foam on top, you can add any flavor you like

dont get cappuccinos you pay for the same price as a latte (im pretty sure) but the difference is that a cap is half foam and half milk so your pretty muchlosing solid liquid and drinking foam

every drink has milk besides coffee, americanos, and straight up espresso shots.. and the other teas smoothies n such which im assuming you dont want since youwant coffee..

so latte means hot, so I can get a caramel latte with the whip cream and all that?

this +!*% is like a algebra exam
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

pretty much every drink you can have hot or cold, fraps are the only things that you cannot have hot they are all blended smoothie type drinks

you can also customize the drink any which way you would like.. say you get a vanilla latte the standard is only vanilla syrup espresso shots and milk with alittle foam and no whip cream... you can say tall vanilla latte with whip and they will add it on for you with no extra charge. same thing goes for the type ofmilk you want unless its soy or breve.

Starbucks worker checking in. If you wanna know how your drinks are made and what you are drinking from scratch, ask away!

Anyways, some starbucks recipes that I have personally tried/tested and stumbled upon. Some people know, some don't

Captain Crunch cereal = Strawberries and creme add toffee nut
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream = Green Tea Frappucino sub peppermint add java chips.
Oreo shake = Java Chip sub white mocha instead of regular mocha.
Orchata = Iced Soy Chai with hazelnut and cinnamon dolce (don't know the exact pumps)

I drink a Starbucks drink probably 14 times a week (since we get free drinks when working). Never was a fan of frappucinos anyways. For those saying thatstarbucks is too sweet...it is. F
IE. A peppermint white mocha gets a certain amount of pumps depending on the size. Grande gets 4 pumps...EACH. So 4 pumps of mocha and 4 pumps of peppermint. 1pump of syrup (not including white mocha or mocha or chai) is ~20 calories. So thats a big reason why everything is so sweet. You may also request less pumpsor add another shot (.70cents) to make it a bit stronger than usual and still holding the sweetness of the syrup without the harshness of the espresso taste.

As for me...my lineup goes something like this:

4 shots of espresso over ice 2 pump white mocha, splash of nonfat milk and extra ice (tastes like a vietnamese coffee)
Venti Black Tea sweetened with a splash of strawberry
Venti Passion tea sweetened with a splash of strawberry. (strawberry or not, this is my favorite tea hands down)
Drip coffee (I use a french press when I come to work in the morning since coffee tastes COMPLETELY different when done through a french press)
Iced Black tea add milk sweetened with classic (milk tea)

smile.gif

TQ: What can I get for you?
CL: Caramel Frappucino
TQ: Ok, what size?
CL: Grande
TQ: Whipped cream on top?
CL: Yea
TQ: Anything else?
CL: Nope
TQ: Coming right up

Some stuff that people might not know of is adding an espresso shot either inside the drink (blended) or adding a shot on top.

If you add a shot of espresso on top (75 mg caffeine in 1 oz. of espresso vs. ~150 mg of caffeine in a 16oz frappucino) you may also request it afogato. Afogato basically is adding caramel syrup on top of the finished beverage (or whatever syrup the drink comes with) and then pouring the shot on top of the syrup. Espresso has a harsh taste, but it has a "nutty caramel" taste which would really compliment the melted caramel syrup.

Other than that, that's all i'm gonna ask you

Back
Top Bottom