What training techniques do you use for basketball?

Just got back to playing hoops. So far, I run a mile while dribbling (ball control), suicides, and I shoot the ball from anywhere I get the rebound at.

Just got back to playing hoops. So far, I run a mile while dribbling (ball control), suicides, and I shoot the ball from anywhere I get the rebound at.

Dribble two balls at the same time with the left and the right while looking up. To improve court vision and your dribble at the same time.

Start with the same rhythm in both hands and then alternate the dribbles. Do this until you can dribble really fast without looking at the ball.

shoot 25 shots from one spot then rotate to another and do the same thing. At first, it's not about making shots but more so about getting your body in rhythm and your shooting technique down. Soon enough the shots will fall in easily. Always look at the hoop until the follow through. Make the right adjustments through out this drill(I sound like a crazy person when I'm doing this drill because I talk to myself about making the right adjustments)

Practice shooting off the dribble and catching and shoot( very underrated skill)

Practice your lay-ups with both hands. Especially your weak hand so that you can get to a point where you don't feel awkward when you go to your weak hand.

stand in the defensive position for as long as you can in one spot(it will burn like hell until you start shaking but its a good test for your determination) and then learn to slide your feet in that position.

Dribble two balls at the same time with the left and the right while looking up. To improve court vision and your dribble at the same time.

Start with the same rhythm in both hands and then alternate the dribbles. Do this until you can dribble really fast without looking at the ball.

shoot 25 shots from one spot then rotate to another and do the same thing. At first, it's not about making shots but more so about getting your body in rhythm and your shooting technique down. Soon enough the shots will fall in easily. Always look at the hoop until the follow through. Make the right adjustments through out this drill(I sound like a crazy person when I'm doing this drill because I talk to myself about making the right adjustments)

Practice shooting off the dribble and catching and shoot( very underrated skill)

Practice your lay-ups with both hands. Especially your weak hand so that you can get to a point where you don't feel awkward when you go to your weak hand.

stand in the defensive position for as long as you can in one spot(it will burn like hell until you start shaking but its a good test for your determination) and then learn to slide your feet in that position.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i want them ricky rubio handles, how the hell you get those?
Doing the Maravich drills is a good start.

And op, if you wanna really work on your jumper you're gonna need a rebounder (ideally you'd want a passer as well) so you could actually do some shooting drills.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i want them ricky rubio handles, how the hell you get those?
Doing the Maravich drills is a good start.

And op, if you wanna really work on your jumper you're gonna need a rebounder (ideally you'd want a passer as well) so you could actually do some shooting drills.

Back
Top Bottom