What type of combo-ed ball-player are you?

NT, what is your game like?, who do you try to model around? Are you an offensive player, a defensive one, or a mediocre one that can get it done mediocre atboth ends of the floor.

I'll start it off with my example:

Passing & Taking Charge ability of- Steve Nash
Low-Post of- Sam Cassell
Defense of- Gary Payton
Dribble and Shot of- Ray Allen
Some Dirtiness of- Bruce Bowen
Rebounding & Concentration of- Dennis Rodman

pass first point guard that loves to play D

sometimes I like to get my Rip/Reggie on and just run catch and shoot

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

NT, what is your game like?, who do you try to model around? Are you an offensive player, a defensive one, or a mediocre one that can get it done mediocre at both ends of the floor.

I'll start it off with my example:

Low-Post of- Kaman
Defense of- Tayshaun
Dribble and Shot of- Marcus Camby
Some Dirtiness of- Ben Gordon(Not Dirty at all)
Rebounding- Bill Russell (tap it to myself a lot)

Kobe......

fadeaways...check
jab steps...check
pump fakes....check
step back J....check
elevate in ya face j...check
dunks on people...check
mean crossover...check
passes out the doubleteam...check ( and yes I get doubled in pick-up games sometimes, once these dudes even attempted a Box and 1)
vocal leader...check
defends the other teams best player...check
hits clutch baskets...check ( they call me "The Closer" at one gym)
get mad at weak teammates...check

MVP, Mamba, Showboat, KB8 however you wanna put it I play like dude.

im an Antwoine Walker with good form
ohwell.gif

Mainly offensive....

Passing....Deron Williams
3 point shooting....Stephen Jackson (in terms of streakiness)
Clutch.....Kobe; I'm not saying I hit every clutch shot, but I'm the kind of dude who wants to take every shot when my team is down by 3-4 baskets (ina pickup game) or needs one more to win a game. And I hit a pretty good amount of them under that pressure.
Mid-range...i want to say Tony Parker because I use a floater quite often when I'm driving in the lane. I also have a pretty accurate mid-range shot thatis usually $ even on off-days.
Post-up game...Patrick O'Bryant
pimp.gif
. i got a little hook shot.
Competitive drive...Deron/CP3
Defense...Steve Nash in very casual pickup games, but in more serious games Baron Davis

Overall...with the people I play with on a regular basis (they SUCK....their offense is okay but their D is non-existent, and all i have to do is put a hand upto disrupt them offensively), I'm easily the best player. But in more competitive ball, overall, I play out as a point guard/swingman-type with postability, slightly undersized (when i'm not playing against people of my own race), and overweight. i don't know who'd be the proper comparisonthough.

Shooting - Terrible. (most big men)
Post game - Pretty non-existent, besides points off rebounds. (Reggie Evans)
Rebounding - I don't really get outrebounded, no matter who I play against (6'3, 220); definitely my biggest strength on the floor. (Dennis Rodman)
Passing - Great vision, but I can get reckless at times. Passing is my favorite part of the game; I can facilitate an offense. (a lot of dudes)
Perimeter defense - God awful; I have terrible lateral speed. (most big men)
Post defense - I adjust/block a ton of shots by jumping at everything. (Chris Andersen)
Dribbling - Good enough for my size, but if somebody is playing really intense defense, I don't want to be dribbling the ball up top. (?)
Driving - Where my offense comes from besides offensive rebounds. I can get to and finish at the cup more often than not. (a lot of dudes)

When I'm out of shape (like now):

I'll start the game by having 2 spectacular moves beating the defender off the dribble and either going left or right and kissing it high off the glass fora sweeeet lay up. Then I'll be out of gas and hover behind the 3pt line and jack up 3s the rest of the game.
laugh.gif

When I'm in shape:

Jamal Mashburn or Charles Barkley or Corllis Williamson.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

mediocre. i play D when i want and im just learning how to go right left. southpaws conventional FTW....

defense 1st- i refuse to let somebody get loose on me
mediocre offense- i dont have the on court vision to put the ball w/e i want when it comes to passin
ok rebounder- i like bein down low(no moho)

i think im better at 1 on 1 tho

Everyone calls me Ginobili because I always drive left and make ******ed layups.

Catch and shoot inside the 3- KG

Defense - Uhh, Shane Battier? I always put my hand in front of the dudes face on a shot rather than try and get a hand on the ball.

My offensive skill set is a flashier version of Sam Cassell. I have good court vision too. I'm a good defender also. I'm a terrible rebounder. My shotlooks like Iverson's with less leg extension and I keep my arm up.

Shoot like Rondo
Attack the hoop like AI
Finish like Kwame

I'm going to be honest, most of the time when I'm on the court, I'm oblivious to what is going on around.

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

My game is a mixture of Ben Gordon, Eddie House, and Leandro Barbosa

Damn, your teammates must never get the ball. If you were serious, I would hate to play with you on my team.

I'm a mixture of Kobe, MJ, KG, Shaq, Kareem, and Dr. J...on one of those 5 foot PlaySchool hoops, that is

I have the offensive skill set of Tyson Chandler with the Athleticism of Zydranus Illgauskus
laugh.gif
(no joke, 6 knee surgeries FTL)

That being said, I rebound like Reggie Evans ("how the F' did he get another one!?") and play defensewith the intensity of KG (all I focus on). Problem is I block shots like Antwan Jamison (aka never) so its all about staying on my guy.

I like to guard the strongest/tallest/best player each game, and if you give me a bit of room I can score with a fadeaway or a quick drive (think C. Booz)

Overall I am no star, but people have never complained about playing with me, I'm a good teammate.

drive to the basket like AI back in the days, now i lost a step
shoot like wade, i use to have a smooth jumper like rip hamilton, but now its broken
defense - lindsey hunter, i try to be a pest on D

I had a form, and stroke like jesus
and i move around alot like r.i.p
i have that lock down defense like nash

Originally Posted by the north west

pass first point guard that loves to play D

sometimes I like to get my Rip/Reggie on and just run catch and shoot

same.

Shooting - Best part of my game, perfect form, shoot almost every time I get the ball on the perimeter (JJ Redick)
Rebounding - I don't crash the boards hard but when I go after them I start the break immediately (Deron Williams)
Passing - Usually the best passer on my team, one-handed bounce passes half court, find the open man (Lebron James)
Perimeter Defense - Not the best, but I can stay with my man and I have tricky hands, good at intercepting passing lanes (Derek Fisher)
Post-game - Mostly on the perimeter (Dirk Nowitzki?)
Post Defense - Block some shots of people my size but not a good shot-blocker, good at staying with a man when he makes a move (Kurt Thomas)

Overall I think I play most like Anthony Parker or Hedo Turkoglu.

Kyle Korver except streakier. not the fastest, not the best defender, but i'll light it up occasionally. I do find myself doing the Rasheed fadeaway a lotlately though. I love that shot

Back
Top Bottom