What type of insoles do you use in your hoops shoes?

Do you guys use any sort of insole in your ball shoes other than the one they come with?

I've had inconclusive results from Dr. Scholl's, but I'm thinking about picking up the Superfeet Orange insoles to ball with. What do you think?

I highly recommend SuperFeet. I'm not familiar with the Orange one, but I've used the Green in the past and it helped up beautifully. If you'relooking for an insole that is supportive, comfortable, and durable, I think you should check it out.

There are a lot of good insoles that will add cushion. But adding cushion in that manner changes the fit of the shoe pretty drastically. Basically, you usuallyend up in a too tight, too mushy situation, unless you bought your shoes too big to begin with. If you are looking for a softer ride, you are better off justgetting a shoe with better cushioning.

If you need insoles for support, though, Spenco Full-Length Thinsole Orthotics are the best insoles of the dozen or so that I have tried. I use these in all mybasketball shoes, and in some running shoes and dress shoes too. They have some nice cushion, but not overly much, a carbon fiber plate for arch support andfoot guidance, and most importantly, they won't change the way that the shoe fits vs with the stock insole. Note that these are also much lighter than mostinsoles.

http://www.spenco.com/rx_6.shtml

Just get one pair at first, you can easily move em from shoe to shoe. Then later, get a bunch if you like them and are just tired of all the swapping.

^^^good post. i was just gonna come in here and say i use the insoles that come in the shoe because any other insole will change the fit of the shoe. mostafter market insoles are thicker than what comes in shoes so it will definitely eat up some room. Also, adding insoles may cause heel slippage and insecuritybecause the extra thickness will often times leave your foot not sitting in the heel counter to hold your foot in the shoe properly and keep your ankle stable.a shoe that feels tight but leaves your heel slipping out is not a good combination. find something thin if you have to add something but go with what comes inthe shoe if possible.

Sof-Sole Athletes Plus insole. The blue ones at FINL. $19.99

Use them in my ZK1 - Just make sure you rip out the OG insole so the fit is not too tight.

Back
Top Bottom