What used car to buy with $10,000?

Really depends on what you are looking for. If you want the looks, and don't mind gas/ repairs... you can get a luxury car. A 2006 or higher BMW 3 or 5 series can be had for around that. If you want something super reliable and easy on gas, just grab a newer Chevy.

found a pretty nice 2005 lexus is300 w/ 80k miles for 10k? any owners got reviews or any got some input on the 300?

Last edited:
buying a used car with over 80k miles sounds insane lol.. but then again my car (2004 IS300) has over 190k and still runs like new.. ive driven that thing through snow, sandstorms, beaches, forests & ive yet to run into any major problems.

Hondas, & Toyotas are built to last.

Was just in this situation, playing with 9k. Chose a 350z with just under 100k. Regret it.. not a bad car, but I feel like I'm in a box with smell holes.

Revisionist history would've put me in a gas-sipping civic until June, then Cop what I really want after I stacked a few more. I just wanted a temporary plaything, but I probably lost a few on it.

Choose Wisely.

Was in the same boat last year, i ended up Gettinf an 02 altima with 70k miles on it for $7,000. No problems whatsoever.

Last edited:
Hell no . 02 tl for 9500? That's the price for a 2008-2012 accord.
02 tl you hould never pay over 5k if that. You can get a 04 tl for 7500 or a 05 tsx for that price. If you're going for a 10k car def look into the 2008-2012 accord best bang for your buck.
My point is you can get a newer tl for that price. That car is def not worth near 10k.

Last edited:
was in this same situation

Top of my list was
a) RX-8 This car is a beast if you can handle it and, its oil and gas burning ways ...... owned one for a little over a month. (also you gotta do a looooooooot of research before even checking one out) if you're not mechanically inclined keep walking
b) Altima coupe .. looks sexy as hell
c)RSX- even though where I'm at you only see girls driving these, they're cool as hell
d)Tiburon - I currently own one .... it's meh to me
e)Mustang
f) Civic - this was actually my second choice but their value is currently super inflated
g) Accord - the coupes are really cool looking but the mpg is overblown. Easy to maintain and repair like the Civic. Also their value is currently super inflated

Back
Top Bottom