What was Championship Era Michael Jordan's Worst Game Ever?

Some of y'all would be horribly, maddeningly frustrating to have a discussion with in real life :lol:

Like talking to a brick wall full of graffiti and one way street sign posted on it

MJ NEVER lost a series in which his team was favored.... GAME, SET, MATCH. The teams mj was losing to in his early years were some of the greatest EVER: the Bad Boy Pistons, The 80's Celtics. Heck even the Knick and Pacer team had talent in the 90's and Jordan never lost to any of them. This isn't an argument statistically or any other way, shape, or form....

my man said its not fair to look at rebound rate...how many rebounds you get per possession......because it doesnt agree with his argument LMAO

its not fair to compare stats when it doesnt support what he thinks

LMAO

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/fga_season.html

bro, jordan the only player from the 80s until nique at like 34...and hes on there twice before nique is on once....Kobe is 12. (good catch)! jordan shot hundreds of times more, multiple times! LOL

lebron's highest is 68.

notice how i didn't say anything negative or positive about the list, just where people are

watch the responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
my man said its not fair to look at rebound rate...how many rebounds you get per possession......because it doesnt agree with his argument LMAO

its not fair to compare stats when it doesnt support what he thinks

LMAO

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/fga_season.html

bro, jordan the only player from the 80s until nique at like 34...and hes on there twice before nique is on once....KOBE IS at 43! the most shots he ever shot was 43 on the list? jordan shot hundreds of times more, multiple times! LOL

lebron's highest is 68.

notice how i didn't say anything negative or positive about the list, just where people are

watch the responses.
kobe's 05 season is 12 on that list

what is the argument you're trying to make here?

wow, that #12 snuck past my eyes, thanks for the correction.

look at the other players.....played in the 70s and 60s.

wilt is 1-5.....#6? jordan.

how did wilt even put up 3100 shots??!?! LOL

kevin durant is 177 on the list.

you asking me what my bias and motives are LOL all i did was post a chart for discussion.

i havent said anything but people's ranking on all time fg attempts

most bron ever shot, 1823

antoine walker is all over that list LMAO

wow, that #12 snuck past my eyes, thanks for the correction.

look at the other players.....played in the 70s and 60s.

wilt is 1-5.....#6? jordan.

how did wilt even put up 3100 shots??!?! LOL

kevin durant is 177 on the list.

you asking me what my bias and motives are LOL all i did was post a chart for discussion.

i havent said anything but people's ranking on all time fg attempts

most bron ever shot, 1823

antoine walker is all over that list LMAO
no i was just wondering what the topic of argument was for you to post this, just wanting some context for these numbers thats all

Which NBA legend hasn't had a bad game in the playoffs?
Via Fox Sports

"Magic Johnson scored 19 points, thanks to nine free throws, but his 5-of-18 mark from the floor was arguably the worst of his playoff career (though a 3-of-12 night against Utah the following year was a close second -1986)."
"Russell scored 9.1 points per game against Wilt Chamberlain and LA — including two six-point games that saw Russell make just two field goals."

"Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Lakers had a chance to close out the Philadelphia 76ers in Game 5 of the 1982 Finals, but a dud from Kareem, who scored six points on 3-of-6 shooting with Darryl Dawkins on him like glue, forced a Game 6. "

"Larry Bird will always be remembered as one of the greatest shooters the game has seen, but in Game 4 of the 1985 Eastern Conference Finals against Philadelphia, Bird lost his touch with a chance to close out the series. The damage report: 14 points on 4-of-15 shooting from the floor in a 115-104 loss. Things weren’t much better three nights later in Boston’s Game 5 win to advance to the Finals, with Bird scoring 17 points on 6-of-18 shooting."

"But even Chamberlain had a few nights where he wasn’t at his best, and never was that more memorable than in Game 7 of the 1969 Finals against the Celtics. Chamberlain averaged a 20-20 during his first season with the Lakers, but those Finals in general weren’t his greatest, as he averaged just 12 points per game."

"The Big O’s final game as a pro may have also been his worst — at least when it comes to the playoffs. Robertson’s Bucks had forced a Game 7 during the 1974 NBA Finals with a Game 6 win in Boston, and over the course of the first six games, Robertson had averaged 14.6 points per game on 56.4 percent shooting. But in Game 7, in front of a home crowd, Robertson struggled mightily, despite Kareem Abdul-Jabbar getting most of the attention from the Celtics’ D. The final line for Robertson six points on 2-of-13 shooting — not exactly the way to go out."

"Game 5 of the 2008 first round against San Antonio. O’Neal, then with Phoenix — and, in his defense, on the downside of his career — played 29 minutes in the Suns’ five-point loss and managed 13 points on 2-of-8 shooting. He didn’t help himself from the line, either, where the notoriously bad foul shooter hit just nine of his 20 attempts."

You can go on, and on and on.... many NBA Legends have great accomplishments, but they also had their bad moments in games as well.

In regards to Foster and Dudley you are using the stat in the wrong way.

The stat is used to account for pace and show how a player grabbed the available rebounds while they were on the floor.

Foster and Dudley were good rebounder but they didnt play as many minutes as the guys they are rated higher than, its comparable to saying Mark West is 4th best shooter of all time when he didn't shoot near as much as Kareem did. You know that.

How does Curry shooting 45 percentage make Bird a overrated 3 point shooter?

Jon Sundvold shot 52 for 3 point percentage one season does that make Curry single season's best of 45 percentage, overrated? No

Is Curry is better 3 point shooter than Bird? Probably so but he grew up with the shot, Bird didnt

Like I said earlier the 3 point shot was introduced in the NBA , Larry Bird's rookie year. Do you think players are going to master the 3 point shot instantly?

Do you realize out of the top 100 individual seasons for 3 point percentage only 7 of those seasons happened in the 1980s? And the majority of those are in the late 1980s.

So were all the players from back then bad 3 point shooters? No.....they didn't grow up with the shot, so they had to adopt their games for it.

Does that mean the good 3 point shooters from 1980s overrated?....no

where did you discredit rebounding % while using rebound % as an argument of player A being a better rebounder than player B in a post about player C having bad games noone remembers?

you asking me that?

where did you do it at?

larry bird had to be introduced to the three point shot? in the video i posted, he was playing CENTER and shooting 3's with NO THREE POINT LINE...

i cant even post just an interesting list of the most fg's attempted in a season

NTers quicker to argue against some assumed bias or ulterior motive

than they are to look at the list and form a single thought.

LMAO

i don't need to recite NBA shooting % to tell you steph curry's jumper is wet.

where did you discredit rebounding % while using rebound % as an argument of player A being a better rebounder than player B in a post about player C having bad games noone remembers?

you asking me that?

where did you do it at?

larry bird had to be introduced to the three point shot? in the video i posted, he was playing CENTER and shooting 3's with NO THREE POINT LINE...

i cant even post just an interesting list of the most fg's attempted in a season

NTers quicker to argue against some assumed bias or ulterior motive

than they are to look at the list and form a single thought.

LMAO

i don't need to recite NBA shooting % to tell you steph curry's jumper is wet.

so what are you arguing? jordan shot a lot? he shot more efficiently or at the worst at an even clip with bron....and scored more. All while turning the ball over less and having a higher usage rate. just an fyi...throughout both their fist ten years jordan shot 640 more shots than bron. 64 shots a season.... .78 shots per game more.

You obviously pick and choose what you want to read

I didn't discredit Foster and Dudley, they are good rebounders BUT they didn't play the same minutes per game as Hakeem or Shaq. Maybe their rebounding perecentages stay the same if they played 40 minutes a game....maybe they don't

Larry Bird and Lebron played the same minutes per game so therefore it's valid to compare their rebounding percentages.

you said he never almost lost.

which is incorrect.

you said dominant scorer? he scored 28 but didn't score for 7 minutes of the 4th quarter. sound's pretty lebron-like to me.

you can praise jordan for shooting the ball 2300 times cause of who he played with

but cant praise lebron for doing what he did alongside the looney tunes in real life?

next youll be posting the utah jazz players that jordan never almost lost to, too.

like tony parker, tim duncan and manu ginobli arent going to the HoF and didn't win more chips than all of the players on that list combined. like dirk doesnt have more rings than all the players you listed combined.

MY DUDE PUT AUSTIN CHROSHERE! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

you can credit jordan with shooting the ball 2300 times cause he played with bums

but allen iverson leading the NBA in scoring and taking his team to the finals, with his squad, is unimportant and forgettable?

the reason people bring up players more easily identifiable in arguments about players of past eras is to put things into perspective.

jordan was leading fast breaks after ripping the ball away from centers......and outran everyone on both teams to the opposite end of the court.

jordan NEVER had bad games? if he did they didn't matter? LMAO

Jordan is amazing for shooting it 2300 times, allen iverson is just pedestrian and selfish. LMAO

Based off this statement alone i would disregard everything else you say.

He listed the roster.

so what are you arguing? jordan shot a lot? he shot more efficiently or at the worst at an even clip with bron....and scored more. All while turning the ball over less and having a higher usage rate. just an fyi...throughout both their fist ten years jordan shot 640 more shots than bron. 64 shots a season.... .78 shots per game more.

jordan also missed almost a whole year in that time frame

You obviously pick and choose what you want to read

I didn't discredit Foster and Dudley, they are good rebounders BUT they didn't play the same minutes per game as Hakeem or Shaq. Maybe their rebounding perecentages stay the same if they played 40 minutes a game....maybe they don't

Larry Bird and Lebron played the same minutes per game so therefore it's valid to compare their rebounding percentages.

its valid, to you, because it fits your argument. which is what i typed last time i responded.

you just said "IF they played more minutes, the stat i referenced wouldn't show them with an advantage, I THINK"

then

"bird and lebron played the same minutes (30 years apart) therefore it's valid".... to fit your argument.

either the stat shows who the better rebounder is, or not. you can't claim that its law in one case then up for your interpretation in the same breath.

you cant say "player A is better than player B because of some obscure stat that shows random guys as better than people we regard legends"

it sounds dumb.

you can't cite the source when it fits your argument then discredit it because it doesn't fit your argument.

either it is or isn't.

can i also say comparing ANY bird vs lebron stat is not valid because larry bird was 220 lbs and still the slowest person on the court in the video i posted? of course not, i sound dumb, etc. (bird could take lebron off the dribble LMAO)

but you can?

again,

this is a post about jordan, or nah?

jordan also missed almost a whole year in that time frame

:rofl:

Based off this statement alone i would disregard everything else you say.

He listed the roster.

like it was some amazing roster.

dude said jordan "never almost lost"

that amazing hof filled pacers roster took jordan to 7 games

how? he "never almost lost"

i found a clip about a game 7 jordan was in, happened to the be pacers....

he posted the roster like it now contradicts me...

so if it was the sonics he woulda posted their roster to defy the point i was making?

were they all really amazing teams? LOL

or MAYBE we can refer to the original topic, or not....

its a post about jordan's bad games...

dudes arguing over rebounding rate stats!

dudes are posting the name AUSTIN CROSHERE!

Kevin Durant was 177 on the fga list i posted, i dunno if he appears earlier, but that's quite ******ed.

somebody talked about bird's 90-50-40 stat, bird did it 2 times, steve nash did it 4.

then youll say, well larry bird shot way more than steve nash did

then i'll say look how many MVPs and assists he was getting in the time frame

then you'll say something

then i'll say something

none of this is about jordan's bad games.

I bought the rebounding percentage because that guy said the reason why Bird had more rebounds per game was because the pace was different in the 1980s.

So then I brought up the rebounding perecentages which account for pace and they showed that Bird is still a better rebounder.

Lebron and Bird played the same amount of minutes per game at the same position therefore the stat is valid to use when comparing them as opposed to Foster vs Hakeem who played dismiliar minutes.

You can bring up Nash being a 40-50-90 guy BUT did he score as much as Bird?

did he rebound as much?

Did he get as many steals and blocks as Bird did?

And ultimately did Nash ever win the championship?

And Bird has more MVPs than Nash anyways

and this is where i type something back.

so now you just go ahead and type something else without me.

i think there was a game just before a Lakers game during his last or second last season where he only scored 7 or 8 points

LMAO @ the guy talking about larry bird telling me i'm not contributing to the convo

LMAO @ two weeks for that

i told you what you were going to do two weeks ago....and you still don't understand what is happening.

Lebron has been compared to Stockton, MJ, Bird, Rodman, and Calvin Johnson in this thread. With the exception of CJ all have come from those who oppose Lebron in this particular thread. It's so damn easy to tell he's the greatest ever.

Larry has more to do with this convo than your "you'll say something" deal.

:lol: To guy that says because people scrutinize Lebron, that means hes the greatest. By that logic, I guess Tony Romo is the greatest too.

Y'all ignorant dudes can keep comparing Lebron games to MJ bad games to make y'all feel better about your idol

Jordan is still the greatest til proven otherwise

Back
Top Bottom