What was life like in the 90s? Vol. Old heads chime in

So whats stopping yall from implementing 90's behavior into ur lives now?

likee a time of the day where u just put ur phone away and do something analog not digital?

I already was implementing a no comptuer saturday before my semester started. i think ill do something were i turn off my phone when i wake up and startt the day free from the phone before work

this past summer recently started to work towards straying away from my phone. turned on DND over night, wake up in the morning, don't check my phone and went straight to get ready for a run before starting work.

gotta say, this was great for the mental health not worrying too much about checking my phone all the time and definitely made me care way less about using social media now. deactivated IG as well and after recently reactivating it, definitely see no point in it anymore and barely open up the app

times were definitely easier back then and hoping that once this whole pandemic stuff settles down, it makes people actually go out and appreciate spending time with other people again

It's not being reciprocated. I'll call instead of texting and moments later I'll get a 3 page letter that could of been discussed on the phone.
sorry to hear that bud, if u call me guaranteed iwont send u a letter
this past summer recently started to work towards straying away from my phone. turned on DND over night, wake up in the morning, don't check my phone and went straight to get ready for a run before starting work.

gotta say, this was great for the mental health not worrying too much about checking my phone all the time and definitely made me care way less about using social media now. deactivated IG as well and after recently reactivating it, definitely see no point in it anymore and barely open up the app

times were definitely easier back then and hoping that once this whole pandemic stuff settles down, it makes people actually go out and appreciate spending time with other people again

fire, thats what imworking on implementing
only socialmedia i use contantly is NT and twitter
keep notifications off for almost everything but email on my phone

playing video games used to be a group in person activity

now its remote which doesnt hit the same
remember playing nfl street with the boys was fun
I been playing madden, the show, etc with my buddy every Friday night after I put my son down for like 6 months now. He comes here or vice versa. We know we can play together online, but like you said it just isn’t the same. We talk ****, smoke weed, have some laughs, etc. def not the same online imo.

funny this ad popped up on this thread :lol:

razr.JPG

was life really better in the 90s?

We all have different types of definitions for better.
but quality of life and communication and relationships and culture

for yall who experienced the 90s would you want to relive the 90s? or would you prefer growing up in the 2000s/2010s?

Been watching movies that released in the 90s and it just seems like things were more pure, people genuinely spent time with other people doing stuff rather than just chatting call day via the internet

U lucky u were born when u were...Ya sawft *** wouldn't last a day in da 90s

likee a time of the day where u just put ur phone away and do something analog not digital?

I already was implementing a no comptuer saturday before my semester started. i think ill do something were i turn off my phone when i wake up and startt the day free from the phone before work

1975er here, so I was 15-25 years old.

2021 and I still make mixtapes. I was doing it in the 80s and carried over into the 90s.

Peace

I still....

-ride BMX bikes
-play OG Nintendo & Sega Genesis on CRT tv’s
-collect music cd’s from the 80’s / 90’s
-wear sneakers designed before 2000

However, I refuse to wear baggy pants again. Cell phones are very much needed and internet access is a must have.

Last edited:
Playing outside. Had a decent group of friends on my street to where we can get a nice game going. Busted out the Nerf turbo football. Hop on the bikes to go down the street to a local burger joint to play Street Fighter II.

TV shows were actually funny. One of the downfalls of this time was waiting like almost a year for a movie to come out on VHS.

Going to the mall, walking into foot stores and seeing actual heat just sitting on the shelves. Holding a pair of $130 sneakers that I know I was never going to own (thank god for retros). Nowadays, just the same 'ol boring generic releases in each store.

I miss talking to girls on the phone. Getting to know people. You needed social skills and a sense of humour to bag the yambs.

Last edited:
Man I missed the 90’s. Anyone remember when Jordans came out on Wednesdays. I had my mom go out to Serramonte and Stonestown to get my Jordans. 6th-8th grade was when the Jordan XI, XII, and XIII came out.

99 White Cement IV’s were sitting at Copeland’s Market Street for $99.99.

96-98 was when my mom would spoil the hell out of me and cop me Hilfiger, Polo, and Nautica.

I'm 28, so I was a child in the 1990s. The posts in this thread are interesting. Most of what I remember is my cousins, who are now in their early 40s, playing hip hop and r&b. They're probably why I got into 1990s hip hop as a teenager.

The release date for the newest Jordans didn't affect my age bracket as much in the 90s. Luckily, the PX (military store) kept a nice stock, and at a slightly discount price. Once the retros (specifically the IVs) hit in '99, different story.

I always reminisce of the 90’s. I miss the 90’s deeply. I always say the 90’s died on 9/11/2001. Night and and day difference after that dreadful day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom