What WAS the last classic release?

Distant relatives is easily the only thing I will be listening to in the next 25 years. thats what a classic is, can it withstand the test of time. and yes, I think DR will be playing for a loooooooong time. Second behind it would be kid cudis album MOTM. I bump that e-ver-y day

Distant relatives is easily the only thing I will be listening to in the next 25 years. thats what a classic is, can it withstand the test of time. and yes, I think DR will be playing for a loooooooong time. Second behind it would be kid cudis album MOTM. I bump that e-ver-y day

Distant Relatives is the last hi-hop classic and it had been awhile since a classic hip-hop album had dropped before that and that was Game Theory by the Roots IMO.

Distant Relatives is the last hi-hop classic and it had been awhile since a classic hip-hop album had dropped before that and that was Game Theory by the Roots IMO.

bangs_cd.jpg

early.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

laugh.gif

I almost did it...

So Far Gone and Comeback Season are ALMOST there. Not yet. I gotta give it time.
Wait. How do you say Krit's album is a classic, but you have to give Comeback Season and SFG time?

Yet, Krit's album was released after those were?

No hate just wondering...

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

laugh.gif

I almost did it...

So Far Gone and Comeback Season are ALMOST there. Not yet. I gotta give it time.
Wait. How do you say Krit's album is a classic, but you have to give Comeback Season and SFG time?

Yet, Krit's album was released after those were?

No hate just wondering...

I'm seeing a lot of solid albums and some based on personal opinions. I know there isn't a set "criteria" to determine a classic, but shouldn't it stand the test of time? I enjoyed HIGO, Boy Meets World, OB4CL2, The Salvation, K.R.I.T. Wuz Here and a lot of other joints posted, but some of these haven't even been out a year, some less than that. If we're going to call it classic, let's see if we have that same feeling that we had when we listened to it for the first time.

I'm seeing a lot of solid albums and some based on personal opinions. I know there isn't a set "criteria" to determine a classic, but shouldn't it stand the test of time? I enjoyed HIGO, Boy Meets World, OB4CL2, The Salvation, K.R.I.T. Wuz Here and a lot of other joints posted, but some of these haven't even been out a year, some less than that. If we're going to call it classic, let's see if we have that same feeling that we had when we listened to it for the first time.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

common_be_cover.jpg

Was gonna post College Dropout till I remembered Be came out later
This gets my vote.  A few others but time will have to tell

Back
Top Bottom