What was your first love? Do you still love it?

Let's be clear, I'm not talking about little Jennifer from the 3rd grade that gave you a valentine.

I'm talking about the first hobby, sport, or activity that you first felt passionate about and loved doing.

For me it was definitely basketball. Got into it when I was in like 5th or 6th grade. Was in love with the game from then onwards, played a lot up throughmiddle school, high school and college. Indoors, outdoors, half court, full court, intramurals, pick up games, private leagues, didn't matter. It used tobe that if I didn't play for 1 or 2 weeks I started going through withdrawal. I was seriously less happy.

Now though, I can go for months without playing, don't even get as much enjoyment out of watching the game on TV. I'm getting old now, and at myheight, once I lose my explosiveness I'm going to lose almost all usefulness on the court. I think in the next few years basketball is going to bereplaced by biking as my #1 recreational activity.

So what were your first loves?

I had a huge interest in cars as a lil kid, and I still do, but not as much when I was younger.

[color= rgb(204, 153, 255)]mine was action figures. i had all kinda GI Joes, WWF WCW wresting men, He-man figures. Allkinda accesorries (
eek.gif
@ WCW ring with "steel" cage and springboard) ...[/color]

[color= rgb(204, 153, 255)]don't do it anymore really. bought a couple McFarland (sp?) sports figurines a couple yearsago. want to get into it more.[/color]

mine was & still is animals.
i was the girl "adopting" ladybugs, caterpillars, the stray cat down the street, etc.
ive since adopted 2 dogs from the spca & wish i had more time to do more.

I took interest in a lot of things as a kid, but the honest answer would have to be reading.

Life was pretty rough for me growing up, and I used to hide my harsh realities by keeping my head in a book. The books allowed me to see different aspects oflife and helped me have an escape.

As I got older the academic side of things made reading a requirement, and unfortunately, I don't read that often for fun anymore.

I luv mary jane more than peter parker

She always been there for me, thick and thin

I even let my dudes hit

ice hockey....yes still love it. playing tonight actually in a couple of hours

Reading and writing...my aunt used to buy me notebooks like every two weeks and I'd just write little stories in them and shed read them. One of myfavorite memories is when she took me to meet Ann M.Martin (author of the Babysitters' Club series.), I was so excited. She signed this story I'dwritten and the best part was that I didn't even know it was gonna happen, she told me we were gonna get me a book..

At one point I wanted to be a writer, professionally...I still do, but I def don't read/write the way I used to
ohwell.gif

Basketball for sure. Got a Fisher Price hoop for my third birthday and I've loved the sport ever since.

Toy trucks. I use to always play with the tonka trucks and loved playing with die cast cars and trucks. I had a tonka truck you could sit on and I would go allaround the backyard digging holes, I hit a pipe a few times lol.

Computers, I enjoy using them and following the advancement in the industry. I choose not to make it a career to make sure I would always have it as a hobbyand not make it a job.

ninjs turtle every. cartoons action figures and all that. my mom gave it all away though after i quit playing with it.

Back
Top Bottom